Quantcast Worst Meal EVER in WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worst Meal EVER in WDW

What is the worst meal you have ever had in WDW? I know that bad dining is a rarity at Disney so it shouldn't be too hard to pick out the worst!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry but I can't think of any place that
    I have eaten that was bad. I will tell you that I
    do not like the change in the menu in China at
    the Lotus Cafe. It was not as good as before.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Artist Point this past Jan. and I had the beef done well. I orignally wanted to have buffalo but was told I couldn't have it done well otherwise it would be tough. I don't do salmon so I chose the beef. Well it was BURNT. Even in the pic people could see the black on the piece of meat. I was not happy this was a really exspensive meal and it was a bust. So I talked to the server and she offered me another and I said no thanks just wrap it up maybe it'll be better cold. Then i asked to speak to the manager and I just let her know that a well done steak should not be burnt. She then apologized and said that is is difficult to cook things well without burning them and to not ask for well done. So i told her I went to school for Food and Beverage Mang and I learned how to cook various items and to cook something well you cook it longer on a lower heat as to not BURN it. So it was comped. I just couldn't believe that she tried to put it on me for asking for something well. If your "chef" can't cook something properly then they shouldn't be there. My dad manages to cook things well for us all the time without burning it.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know what you mean by not doing "well done" very well. I tend to like mine on the rare side but most of my family likes well done. The funny thing is that "well done" means different things to different people. It can be anything from no-more-pink (mother in law's preference) to dry, black and crispy (aunt's preference). I had to literally put it on the grill 3 more times until it looked inedible. I find it terribly hard to please all Regardless the chef should've been able to meet your needs.

In any case my worst was a shrimp/pasta dish at the sci fi diner. Weird sauce, strange tasting shrimp, not tastey at all. My only real bust.
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

Post Thanks / Like

Eww pasta!!! As for the well done my well done is no pink in the middle, not charred or crispy.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Our worst was by far at L' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in Italy at WS. We ordered our food and had some trouble understanding the waiter, so I asked him to verify what our order was and that we were getting entrees and appetizers. He said that we were but we never got our entrees. All we had to eat was appetizers and he brought the check out. Instead of putting up a fuss we paid and left. We haven't been back since. I think the issue was more a language barrier than anything, but it was to date the worst meal we've had in WDW.
    November 1997 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    November 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    February 2002 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon!)
    October 2006 - Old Key West (1st Trip with kids!)
    December 2008 - Old Key West (The not-so-great trip)
    October 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Two Words......

CAPTIN JACKS
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

Trails End .... Food was cold and they werent filling up the missing dishes .The CM had an attitude we couldnt get out of there quick enough

Post Thanks / Like

ABC Commissary makes my mouth dry thinking of all of that salt. Ewwww!!!
    '89 Grand Floridian
    '89 Carribean Beach
    '93 Offsite :(
    '94 Day Trip
    '99 Wilderness Cabins
    2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    September 2008 Coronado Springs!!

We are looking to try them all!

Post Thanks / Like

Bongo's Cuban Cafe in DTD. The food was very bland.
    1981 - offsite
    1982 - Golf Resort
    1983 - DD Hilton
    1985 - offsite
    1987 - offsite
    8/2001 - Polynesian
    5/2002 - POR
    9/2003 - Polynesian
    1/2004 - POP Century
    4/2005 - Polynesian
    8/2005 - Yacht Club & AKL
    8/2007 - Boardwalk Villas
    4/2008 - Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

My only bad meal was my own fault. I was newly pregnant on one of our trip and we went to Chef Mickeys. As soon as we got near it, all I could smell was this horrible strong seafood smell. It made me instantly quesy. I tried picking at some fruit, but everything tasted fishy to me. However, I was the ONLY one who noticed, so it had to just be me and my pregnant self, but I wound up just miserable and not eating
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Ours was the meal that never was at Alfredo's.

We had ressies, we arrived prior to them, and we waited for almost an hour to be seated. We had tickets for cirque and I made DH leave Alfredo's before they called our name. We had just enough time to grab a sandwich at Earl's and get to Cirque about 20 minutes before the show. If we had of stayed and waited for Alfredo's we would have missed part of the show and I would have been really .
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef. It was just terrible- food, service, everything. It was a nearly four hour meal due to really bad service. My husband got a raw steak slapped on his plate- seriously, it was red on the outside! Sent it back. The rest of us got our food, but I didn't want to eat without him so I waited. His steak finally came-- an hour later.

So I had cold food (my own fault? No- the server should have paid attention and asked or even checked on us once within that hour). It wasn't good cold food. The kids meals were awful, too. We were all thirsty and never saw a server to order new drinks. We asked to speak to the manager. He finally came. "Oh you had a bad meal? Sorry." That was it. We were presented with the full bill (not even a dessert to make amends) and that was that. We'll never go back. It was beyond the worst meal we've ever had anywhere.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't really a meal, but I did not care for the cheese stuffed pretzels in the MK. It was cold and congealed. I was really disappointed, because these sounded so good.

Service wise it would have to be Coral Reef. Slow and rude, even though the food was ok, I will not go back because of the service.

Post Thanks / Like

Alfredo's by far the worst meal to date. After we finished our horrible tasting meals we went to watch Illuminations. During the wait I felt queezy & my husband did wind up getting sick. Good thing the bathroom was not too far for him to get to in time We sent a letter to Disney & they were nice enough to give us our money back.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Mickey's BBQ. It was our own fault - we are not much for picnic style food and eating on picnic tables. The food was horrible and it was VERY crowded. The entertainment was mediocre. The characters did not go around any of the tables. It was just not for us!

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worst Meal

My worst meal was at the Garden Grill in the Land in Epcot. It wasn't the food but the service was awful.

We went to lunch there for my husbands birthday. I ordered the cake months ago and 2 time before being seated I checked in at the podium to verify that they had the cake listed and ready.

After we ate the bill came....no cake When I asked the waitress her answer to me very rudely.."well, it's not my fault" "I can put it in a box and you can take it with you"..

Now I ask you. It was April in Florida about 90 degrees..would you have taken the cake???
    We didn't...
    That was the last time we will eat there.
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

My worst meal is 100% my fault I should have known better. We were staying at Coronado Springs and were feeling a bit lazy. MY friend suggested we order Pizza and wings and just eat them in the room since we were heading out to Pleasure Island. I reluctantly agreed and jumped in the shower while he ordered the food. We waited about an hour and a half for the food to arrive after he called. We went to pay for it and they added a delivery charge included a tip when all was said and done it was $36 for a pizza and about a dozen wings. Thye food was terrible the wings were under cooked with no taste at all. And well we all know how bad WDW pizza is and this was soggy and cold. I ate abouit half the wings and a could only stomach a slice of this awful pizza like substance. I ended up grabbing a pretzel before Pleasure Island and another snack on the way out later in the night.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

The old menu at Pinocchio's - we both ordered a turkey sandwich, and the bread was wet and mushy, the turkey practically frozen in areas, and the the taste, well...

I was disappointed in my steak at Brown Derby. It was chewy and flavorless (bad cut I guess). In comparison, my steak at Le Cellier was...oooh, mmmmmmm, wonderful.

Worst service: Plaza restaurant. The waiter complained the entire time about his job, the customers, and the dining plan (which we were not on). When we asked nicely for refills (after waiting 15 minutes) he rolled his eyes.

Talk about bad, my sister's friend took her entire family on a dream trip to WDW. The first night they all got food poisoning at the Luau. WDW did pay for their medical bills at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast in 2003.

The bacon was undercooked, the fruit was mushy and had spoiled spots, the potatos were cold and rubbery, the eggs were 70% water...we literally just ate muffins. $200 for muffins!

Haven't been back since.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani