Quantcast Major ADR problems

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Major ADR problems

Ok so here's my ADR story, I called at 7am on the 180 day mark and was told I couldn't book Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast but I could book it the next day. The cm made the rest of reservations, not all at the times we wanted and almost all at seperate table because there will be 7 of us, but everything except breakfast was booked. I called back to make sure the first person was right about Cinderella's Royal Table and she was a little snippy but seemed like she knew what she was talking about and told me CRT is 180 days from the day you want to eat, so ok the first person was wrong about booking the next day and the second person told me it wouldn't be a problem to have multiple tables put together at some of the restaurants which the first person told me we couldn't do, but ok. I called back a 3rd time to see if we could change restaurants for the dinner the day of mvmcp and again was told I couldn't do breakfast, figured it couldn't hurt to ask her too. My MIL who wanted to call herself to make sure, called around 7pm and was told she could book the breakfast but everything was booked for the days we would be there, but to try back. So at this point I'm really annoyed since I spend at least half an hour on the phone with my crazy puppy running around because she wasn't getting all my attention. I called and asked to speak to a supervisor and when I got her on the phone she just kept saying it wasn't available. I asked if they weren't booking yet or they were sold out and she wouldn't give me a straight answer she just kept saying there's nothing available to book anyday of our stay but a few days after we're checking out there's a table available which is outside the 10 days. I asked how my MIL was told she could book and asked if it was 180 and then up to 10 days out or 180 from the day you want to eat and how could something be available for 192 days out. She still wouldn't give me a straight answer so I asked for a manager, she put me on hold and got back on the phone saying that for hotel guests it's a 190 days from the first day of your stay and that tables are added on the 180th day from the day you want to eat. I don't understand how nobody knows this if it's true including WDW reservations reps. My MIL ending up calling the next morning at 7 and booked Cinderella's Royal Table so we did end up with the reservation but what a hassle. Has anyone else had problems or heard of the 190 day rule?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The rule is 180 days for non resort guest and 180+10 for resort guests. The 180+10 window for resort guests allows people staying at any Disney resort to make all their ADR's at one time. For example if your first day was 12/15/07 and you were staying a a Disney resort it's possible you someone to call tomorrow and book everything out through Christmas (10 days out).
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought, 180 from the first day of your reservation but you could book resv for all the days of your stay the max being 10 days, but I was told by the supervisor that I could have booked at the 190th day out from the first day of my stay.

Shoebee99 is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When I called to make our ADRs (180 days from the start of our vacation) there was nothing available at CRT for breakfast for the entire time we were there but there was a lunch opening on our last day (185 days out) that I took. The cm suggested calling back on the 180 day mark for the day we wanted to book breakfast because they open up or make available more tables that day. Also I guess sometimes other people are doing the same thing and get an ADR better suited for them and cancel ones they have made previously.

I was glad to hear this since I was already in a panic because we are driving there and will not arrive until Saturday - I'm thinking that all the people that fly and arrive Friday are able to call one day earlier for their ADRs and therefore have a better chance to get what they are looking for - I had way too much time to think about this!!! So now I know that this is not true and that more tables do become available. I called back at the 180 mark each day that I could do CRT and did manage to get the day and time I really wanted.

It is difficult when you are trying to get information from someone who may not be as well informed as they should be and may not take the time to explain it they way you need to hear it. I'm glad that the cm's I had spoken with took the time to explain things and work with me - If they don't really want to do that then possibly that is not the best position for them to be in (I know that at 7am I wouldn't be the most pleasant person to deal with to try to get an explanation from!!)

It's a shame that it took that much, but I'm glad for you that it finally worked out!!! enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

We booked for the whole week on our 180 day mark for the 1st day of our stay. My friend and I both called and got most of the places we wanted but times were at their mercy. My friend posted on another discussion board and got into an argument about this w/ another poster. My friend ended up getting kicked off the db for several days. I think this issue is very frustrating for many people. The CMs on the phone are mostly helpful but its horrible when you get someone not so helpful. Sorry about your frustration. The whole process is stressful! We had a couple of after we made our ressies! I hope your trip will be fun in the end!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you all had so much trouble booking your ADR's. I have heard of others having issues too. We were lucky - we're going in August and I called on Day 180 and made all of my ADR's without any trouble whatsoever, including CRT for the next to last day of our stay. In fact, I called back later the same day and changed CRT from lunch to an early dinner, again with no problems whatsoever. We even got the times we wanted everywhere. As far as the separate tables, we went with a group of 11 in Dec and our separate tables were always right next to each other and in some cases, they pulled tables together to make 1 large table.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody, hopefully the trip will go smoothly and we got all the problems out of the way now.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: