Quantcast What would you do? Too early vs. too late?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow What would you do? Too early vs. too late?

If given the option, which would you choose? Either a too early dinner of around 4PM or a too late dinner of around 9:30PM? If there were just adults in the party. Trying to change around some ADRs after our most recent trip and the time slots are obviously hard to come by at a normal time because of the Free Dining Plan. Just curious what you all choose.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would choose an early dinner. Have a light snack for lunch so that you could eat dinner at 4pm. 9:30pm is too late me -- either w/ or w/out kids. And if you have dinner at 4pm, you'll be hungry enough later for dessert.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

For me, that would depend on park hours and firework viewing plans. I would lean toward the later dinner, simply because I would not want to be full from dinner and walking around a park.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by January-2007 View Post
    If given the option, which would you choose? Either a too early dinner of around 4PM or a too late dinner of around 9:30PM? If there were just adults in the party. Trying to change around some ADRs after our most recent trip and the time slots are obviously hard to come by at a normal time because of the Free Dining Plan. Just curious what you all choose.
    I'm having the same problems. Anyway, if you guys are all adults, I'd go with the later of the two. I'm sure it will be less crowded and less kids. That way you can grab a light breakfast, a counter service lunch around 3 and then eat dinner after the parks close. You won't be cutting into park time that way. Only problem you may have is getting to your ADR on time since most will be exiting the park around the same time.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

I would go earlier, but we almost always have DD with us...let me just daydream about an adults-only dinner for a moment...

I would say the later ADR, if you weren't concerned about catching fireworks or anything...less kids, I would think (if that matters, to you), but I would think the crowds would be lighter in general, which might work to your advantage.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We would prefer to eat a bit earlier so that we could walk it off. If we have to wait to eat too late, we tend to cancel and skip it b/c we don't care and are too exhausted.

Post Thanks / Like

I would do an early dinner and then have a late snack.

Post Thanks / Like

We had the situation for one of our September ADRs and we chose the earlier rather than later. It's just my husband and me but I'd rather eat earlier and then grab a snack later if need be and not feel completely stuffed when I'm trying to get to sleep. And once I hit a certain tiredness level, I'm not hungry so a late dinner just doesn't work well for me.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine this....an early dinner followed by a little touring and then drinks and appetizers later that evening at the Cali Grill or Blue Zoo or Narcossee's! Sounds wonderful!
    1977 Ft.Wilderness
    1980 Ft.Wilderness
    1987 Off Site
    1992 Off Site
    1997 Disney Institute-Honeymoon
    September 2006 PORS
    Sept 2007 Wilderness Lodge!!!!
    August 2009 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We always choose an early dinner. That way you get to walk off your meal and maybe enjoy a dessert later. Besides it's not good to eat that late and then go to bed soon after.

Wilderness Campground cabin, 1999
    Riverside, 2001
    Wilderness Lodge, 2002
    Missing it really bad!

Natazu Guest

Rachel and I find late dinners much more relaxing and enjoyable than early ones. We tend to use our dinner TS meals to end the day and kind of wind down.

Post Thanks / Like

I would eat late

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I would eat late as long as it didnt interfer with your plans for fireworks,fantasmic or spectromagic. I bet eating late is more relaxing.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Early, it is just soooo hard to sleep after I've just eaten a big meal. Plus, knowing myself I'd be snacking too much to make it that late.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

We have to agree with Natazu......later is good for us and quite relaxing, no screaming kids (usually). We love it. Have a coffee and baked good for breakfast, a 2:30-3:00 CS lunch and then have your late dinner.
    Last edited by dolphinmickey9170; 06-18-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: oops, spelling
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Russellville Arkansas...too far from the Magic!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would plan my meals around what park you wil be in on certain days...if in Epcot I would say eat early then enjoy the Food & Wine Festival in the evening..when in AK I would eat a late lunch then head over to DTD for a late dinner at Captn Jacks and then hit some of the night life-comedy clubs,dancing, etc..or even the Boardwalk area for Espn or Jellyrolls.

Now for the MK I would say eat early if the park was closing early..but for EMH I would make late plans so that you could utilize all the extra park time, I would plan on exiting the park before closing and eating late relaxing meal at one of the monrail resorts so that you would miss the congestion when the park shuts down. And lastly I would eat late in MGM if Fantasmic isnt in your plans, or perhaps eat early in that park and then try to hit Cirque in DTD for an early showing then have a great dessert at Ghiridelis (sp) in DTD...just a suggestion...

hope it helps, but I would make rezzies and then keep checking back perhaps something better might come open.
    Oct 05 ASMo Family, Food & MNSSHP
    Sept 06 CB-POP Fun & Friends trip & MNSSHP
    Oct 07 PORS Magical Gathering Exp. & MNSSHP
    September 08 PORS 6-Pack Attack Trip & MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to know where it is that you are contemplating dining. I would go with the later seating. We (without children) prefer to eat later in the evening (heading out locally Sat. night for 8:30 reservations with our group of 10). Plus I love walking around the park at night when it is almost empty.

DM and I had dinner late one evening at Alfrodo's (DD#1 slept in the stroller in the dining room the entire time). When we emerged from the restaurant the park was just about empty, the torches were all burning aroung the lake and we slowly took it all in, breathtaking!

Enjoy!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot depends on what your normal schedule is like. Most of our ADR's are set for 6:00 or so because DD usually eats around 6 or 7 o'clock at home. If it was just DW and I , then I'd take the later one because we usually don't eat until after the kids are down for the night (9:00 or so).

What would you do if you were going out to dinner at a popular restuarant at home and you had the same choice of times?
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have any experience with later dining at WDW (kids!) but my concern would be what if the 9:30 ADR ends up being seated at 10 or later? It owuld be nice to eat later than 4 but if I had to choose (with kids or not) I would take the earlier one.

Post Thanks / Like

I ran into this as well. I chose the late dinners because we normally eat later anyways 7:30ish so I figured if we had a light b fast and a 1pm lunch we should be fine till dinner with a sanck in between.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: