Quantcast DVC AKL, Killimarijaro Club Concierge

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC AKL, Killimarijaro Club Concierge

Does anyone know anything about this? What are the perks for this? I haven't been able to locate any info on the dvc member website or the info that dvc recently sent. Did I miss something when I read? Help!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I talked to someone at DVC and they told me that it is just like Concierge at the hotel. Free food and all that. It sounds real nice doesn't it. If you look up the Concierge at the hotel it should be the same. At least that is what I was told.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deesdisney View Post
    I talked to someone at DVC and they told me that it is just like Concierge at the hotel. Free food and all that. It sounds real nice doesn't it. If you look up the Concierge at the hotel it should be the same. At least that is what I was told.
    This is my understanding as well - the DVC Club/Concierge units have access to the exact same services and amenities as any other Concierge guest - including the special Sunrise/Sunset Safaris.

It's probably not a good idea to get too excited about the DVC Club rooms, though. There are only going to be a total of 5 two bedroom lock off units in this category. That means if they are all reserved as either a studio or 1 bedroom, there will be a max of 10 DVC Concerige units available.

I think it will be very hard to book one of these units - certainly you'd need to be an owner and call day by day for your reservation. With such a small number of rooms available, I'd be worried about even getting consecutive days. (But since I'm not an AKV owner, I figure my chances of getting one of these is pretty much zero).

Good luck to all who want to try these out. I'm looking forward to reading trip reports from those lucky enough to stay in one of these rooms.

Post Thanks / Like

The other trade off with concierge is it's not guaranteed savanna view - I think 3 units have savanna view, the other 2 are not. I'd LOVE to book concierge, but Ithink it's a tough trade off - I would be disappointed with no savanna view.

Kim

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: