Quantcast New Nemo Attraction, Worth it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Nemo Attraction, Worth it?

I'll be making a trip to WDW on the 12th and the new Nemo ride wasn't open last time I was there. Is it worth the wait if there is a line? It will be me and my Aunt, so no kids along on this trip.
    Former VMK nic : majolica
    Native Floridian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nemo the Musical? Yes

The Seas with Nemo? Not really if there is a significant wait. It ebbs and flows so to speak, so you can often catch it right and not have a significant wait. It's cute, but not worth a long wait in my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second that opinion, DisneyRox.

Nemo the Musical is a beautiful play, though very long. Definitely worth seeing.

Nemo the ride at Epcot didn't impress me. The effect of having the Nemo characters in the same tank as the real fish wasn't till the end, and a very small piece of the ride. It's a very cool effect, if only it had been used for more of the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like The Living Seas might be out for me this trip then. Where is the Nemo show at?
    Native Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like

If you were a big fan of Living Seas in it's previous format, you might be disappointed. The end effect and the EAC effect w/ Crush are cool but I still miss the old Sea Cabs. Still, it's cute and if you like Nemo, you'll like the show.

I will say that when we were there last week, we actually saw dolpins (which I had not seen there in a LONG time) and 2 giant sea turtles in the aquarium. That was very cool.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last week and it was a walk on. Not real impressed with the ride. I think little kids will love it, but I would not wait over 20 minutes for it. Fun to see at least once, but I think I will skip it in the future.
    Jill
    09/02-Offsite
    02/04-CSR
    05/05-WL
    01/06-AKL, 05/07-BC, 09/07-CSR, 01/09-AKL, 10/09-CSR, 05/10-CSR
    11/11-WL
    09/12- POP me & my DD (15)
    11/13-WL
    11/14-BLT-Ainsley's 1st trip, 01/16-AoA/Disney Cruise, 09/16-WL
    09/16-Offsite
    12/17-CSR

DisneyNut2005 Guest

The Nemo ride is VERY worth it. Give it a try anyway and form your own opinion.

Also, the Nemo attraction is WAY better than the old Living Seas, which was very boring and outdated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ayndi View Post
    It sounds like The Living Seas might be out for me this trip then. Where is the Nemo show at?
    2 opinions really shouldn't seal the deal. Try it. I was skeptical before I went on it ,but the queue area is very well done and the ride is very Disney. The original Sea Cabs had no theming.....

" Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

Nemo-The Musical is at AK.

The Nemo ride is cute; I actually liked the area where you wait in line. However, once you get inside you must try Turtle Talk w/Crush. It was soooo funny, not to be missed.
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

I would give both the musical and the ride a shot. The musical in AK is amazing. We waited about an hour to get in, after passing by a few times and not going in because of the wait, we figured we didn't have much choice if we wanted to see it. The ride is pretty good and worth seeing; the queue is really well-done.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemo Ride & Show

Definitely the Nemo show at AK is worth seeing! We saw it in March and absolutely loved it - the line fills up fast when we were there atleast 150 people got turned away so get there early!!!

The Nemo ride to Epcot is cute - I am glad we went on it. It would be especially interesting to the little ones. If I had to miss this ride I would not be upset.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Nemo ride is worth doing once, at least. It's not the best ride in the park, but it's not a waste of time, either. You shouldn't wait an excessively long time for it, but the queue area is nicely done and cute. We waited about half an hour and didn't feel like we'd wasted our time, though we also weren't overwhelmed by the ride.

A lot of people like Turtle Talk, as well, and we enjoy just walking around, looking at the manatees. It also has a nemo-themed gift shop; if anyone in your family is a fan of the movie, it's worth checking out.

If you want to skip the ride and just go inside the pavilion, go in through the gift shop.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed out on the Musical in AK the day we were there. They had technical problems and had to close it down for the day.

However, I really enjoyed the ride at Epcot. I thought it was fun, and I loved the effects it used! I'd recommend it.
    Walt Disney World Trips
    Oct. 2003 - offsite
    June 2004 - offsite
    Mar. 2005 - offsite
    Mar. 2007 - All-Star Movies

Disneyland Trips
    May 2008 - offsite (Engaged!)

Next Trip:
    2010 Disney Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Personally i think the que is the best part and worth going through. The effect of gradualy slipping under the water is really cool. The ride itself is OK. Its a must see once type of thing. If you will be going back with kids in the future you may want to wait it out. If the lins is short then go for it.
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the ride was cute and enjoyable. It is at least worth doing once - I try to have that motto with all rides at Disney.
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most here.

The musical in AK is a must. I was not too impressed with the Nemo ride. The effect was just not that good. If the line is short I would jump on though.

The Crush Show is a MUST especially with small kids but adults w/o kids would still love it. it's a howl. If the line for the Nemo ride is long I would go through the gift shop and just catch the Crush show. It was a highlight of our week.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, I am against the Pixarization of WDW in the first place, as I've stated in other posts. The Nemo ride really reaffirmed this; there is absolutely no real story-telling going on in it, and it is so far off of the vision of The Living Seas, EPCOT Center, and Walt Disney's EPCOT that it is laughable.

I personally think that the original 1981 EPCOT Center attractions should have been kept, and Soarin', Mission: SPACE, Test Track, and *possibly* this added without destroying the originals.

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed the ride. The line kept moving so the wait didn't seem that long. I thought it was great especially when Peach asks you at the end to take her with you. "It's a great song, but they keep singing it over and over again."

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by future_imagineer View Post
    First off, I am against the Pixarization of WDW in the first place, as I've stated in other posts. The Nemo ride really reaffirmed this; there is absolutely no real story-telling going on in it, and it is so far off of the vision of The Living Seas, EPCOT Center, and Walt Disney's EPCOT that it is laughable.

I personally think that the original 1981 EPCOT Center attractions should have been kept, and Soarin', Mission: SPACE, Test Track, and *possibly* this added without destroying the originals.
    Whoa! You don't have to be so negative.

I disagree with your assessments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNut2005 View Post
    Whoa! You don't have to be so negative.

I disagree with your assessments.
    Could you please refrain from flaming in this thread, you have a couple others started already.
    Native Floridian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: