Quantcast Where to stay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Where to stay?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Where to stay?

So, my friends (all in early 20s) and I are debating on going in September during the free dining promotion. We will be going for 5 days/4 nights. We have a party of 6. We are trying to go for cheap..so here are our options:
    The All Star Music suite
    A Jr.Suite at Coronado Springs
    The Ft.Wilderness cabins

Could anyone give me any input on the music suite? Is some of the bedding really a chair and ottoman?

Hows the Jr.Suite at CS?

We really like the cabins..however, they only have 1 bathroom.

Any input is appreciated!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been there but my understanding is that the All Star Suites have a bedroom with a queen bed and the other room has a double sleeper sofa and 2 single sleeper chairs - the "beds" pull out of these chairs like the sleeper sofa does. I also heard that they are not all that comfy. There are 2 bathrooms in the Suites but you might be better getting 2 rooms at the All Star or Pop Century resorts if you don't mind sharing beds. It would probably be less expensive and you would still have 2 bathrooms.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Did you consider getting two rooms at a value resort? That way you would have two bathrooms and you could request a connecting room.
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

This is something to double check but we are going to Disney in September for free dining. We were told by our travel agent that we could not stay at the All Stars Music suites with free dining. If this is true, it would narrow your options some.

We are staying at All Stars Music but in a regular room.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCDarzi View Post
    This is something to double check but we are going to Disney in September for free dining. We were told by our travel agent that we could not stay at the All Stars Music suites with free dining. If this is true, it would narrow your options some.
    On the Disney website it brings up that option with the free dining...so now I'm confused
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

last Oct., my dd and I stayed in the All Star Music Suite - it has 2 bathrooms, 1 bedroom with double bed and the livingroom has a sofa that pulls out into a double bed and an oversized chair that conforms to a single bed. I wonder if you could rent a cot or maybe just get one of those 10 minute blow up beds.
    08/07 Ft. Wilderness Cabins (WAHOO!)
    10/06 All Stars Music (me & dd)
    6/06 POFQ
    6/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    1/05 Offsite and Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    8/03 Offsite
    3/02 Offsite
    9/99 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We recently stayed in a jr suite at CSR...Awesome!!! It is a regular room with 2 full beds and the second room has a murphy bed and some chairs, a bathroom and a second vanity/coffee maker etc. We loved it!
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I would have to say definitely the FW Cabins. We stayed in them Sept. 2006 w/free dining and will stay again Nov. 2007. You can sleep 6 very comfortably and possibly 7 if needed. In bedroom is 1 full bed, 1 set of bunk beds. There is a small vanity area also in bedroom w/mirror and plug in (for girls and their make-up, curling irons, etc. ) In living room is a pull down full bed, and also a sofa if needed. There is a full kitchen and also grill outside. I know you said you will have free dining, but if you are like us, you might run out of dining credits a day or so early, and the kitchen comes in very handy for breakfasts or grilling outside. Also, we love the cabins mainly for the privacy. We don't have to worry about noise above or below our room, or if our kids or someone else is making too much noise.
    June 1985 - Disneyland
    Before 2005 - 8 x offsite (WDW)
    Nov. 2005 - All Star Sport
    Sept. 2006 - Fort Wild. Cabins
    Nov. 17-25, 2007 - Fort Wild. Cabins

Next trip MARDI GRAS 2009
    Feb. 21 - March 1, 2009

Post Thanks / Like

all star music...
    best buses for quick and easy transportation, best prices for the amount of time you'll be spending in the room, etc

for all the money youll be spending at DTD on those buckets of liquor (literally - refillable beach buckets) we found the all star resorts are the best way to spend money on accomodations in disney
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Update:
    I called disney earlier this week and the suites are NOT eligible for the free dinig plan promotion...booo
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I would go for the cabins. To me, sleeping on a chair bed does not sound too comfortable!
    Princess 1 - 19yo
    Princess 2 - 12 yo (my baby is growing up)
    Poor Dad is out numbered! Even our dog is a female!
    Missing my happy place so much.

6/09,8/07,2/02,11/99 - Poly
    prev trips - Dixie Landings & CR
    Read my trip report for August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

My BIL slept in one of those chair/beds when my sis had her baby and they are not very comfortable. You can buy one of those blow up beds for about $50.00 for a queen size. My other sis just picked one up at Linen N Things that's in it's own back pack. And if you are all girls, I go for 2 rooms or 1 room/suite with 2 bathrooms.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We did the ASMusic suites for our grad school spring break (four 20-somethings, three girls one guy), and it worked out really well. There is a double bed in one room, and a double pull-out couch in the other, with a chair that is also a bed (full size twin bed---very nice) and an ottoman that turns into a cot (not very comfortable, but we're used to dorm beds, so no biggie), so it can sleep plenty of people. It has a really beautiful kitchen and the best part....two full size bathrooms, so no one has to wait in line (which turned out to be the most important amenity...seriously...we would have had serious "togetherness" issues any other way). I think six would just fit in an ASMusic (and we tried the "two rooms at a value resort" (POP), and found that the ASMusic was much cheaper for what we needed (we weren't spending that much time in the room, anyway).

I have stayed at CSR and have to say that I liked ASMusic much better for a big group, since there was a food court within a five minute walk from the room (we stayed at ASM-Jazz), pizza delivery and a few pools (though they weren't heated and no jacuzzi, which would have been nice, esp. since we were doing the parks at a breakneck pace).

Of course, you get the free dining at FW (which is a huge chunk of change)...
    șoș...E. M....șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by May524 View Post
    Update:
    I called disney earlier this week and the suites are NOT eligible for the free dinig plan promotion...booo
    Good to know! I plan on going next September with a group of people. Thanks for checking!

I've done the connecting room thing at one of the All Stars before and I would say go for that. If it's $100 a night that equals $200 and that's cheaper then a suite anyway. Plus you get 2 bathrooms and four beds and two tv's. The only thing missing is the kitchen and if you have the free DDP then I doubt you will need it anyway. You could always keep the connecting door open.

But I don't know how much the suites at CSR are or the cabins, so the connecting room idea may not be the best value.
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: