Quantcast Michael Vick should be gone!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Michael Vick should be gone!

I am sick and tired of these pro athletes who think they can do whatever they want. I just spent $2000 to save my cat from death and I have no tolerance for those that abuse animals. Dog fighting? A report is that Michael Vick bet 10s of thousands of dollars on this stuff.

Kick him out of the league. A California Congressman has told the NFL commissioner that he may open an investigation if Vick is not punished. I don't like Congress getting involved in things but that might be what it takes. The NFL thinks it is so high and mighty.

I just might try to go to an Atlanta game if I can find one nearby and boo this thug. Hopefully, however, he won't play because he'll be suspended with PacMan! Hopefully, he'll get more than a year though.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If they can prove the things they've said he's done, I whole-heartedly agree. I don't tolerate those that abuse animals either and I'm tired of athletes getting away with criminal activity (regardless of the severity of the crime) just because they are famous. They need punished just as the rest of us would be.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everything you have said. hes a thug just like his brother and he shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NFL. they are just bad romodels and all pro sports should get rid of them.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agree

As an ATLien I would have to say I support my falcons but I do not support a dog fighting quarterback named Ron Mexico....from the hand "your number one with a middle finger" towards the fans, to the "it's not my unknown substance in the hidden bottom of the bottle" to "i'm mike vick and everybody loves mike vick" comment, he's not the best role model to have for ATLANTA, NIKE or anyone else!!! Maybe Canada or Europe would like to give Vick a try????............please!!!!!!!!!!!

July 2001--FW
    Christmas 2005--Offsite
    Oct 2007--GF
    May 2008--Pop
    Oct 2009--Poly
    Oct 2010--BW
    Nov 2010--CS
    Nov/Dec 2011--BW
    Feb 2012--GF
    April 2012--AS
    Sep 2012--WL
    April 2013--Fantasy (eastern carribean)
    Sep 2013-SS
    Sep 2014-Fantasy (western carribean)
    Jan 2015-CS
    May 2016-Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Agree 100%. They need to stuff him back under whatever rock his brother crawled under after he ruined his NFL career by being an idiot.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about punishing him if they can prove he commited a crime. I'll wait for the trial to form my opinion. Im cynical these days about media reports that seem open and shut.

He is a part of a players union so if he serves his penalty, than he'll be back. That's how the system works. There will always be a team that needs his services. How many other athletes have committed crimes yet get picked up by the league because they're good athletes?

I'm just sad that they traded Matt Schaub. The writing has been on the walls for years.

Post Thanks / Like

HAHA i forgot about the Ron Mexico mess.

He is a thug, and will be suspended. The NFL has to good of an image to actually let him play all year.
    He will be found guilty before the season starts, and will not play again w/ ATL.
    Been There, Done That - GOIN BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Let us not forget that PacMan Jones has yet to be found guilty of anything either. And look what the Commish did to him.

Here's what I find interesting: The "informant" claims that Vick was a big player in dog-fighting in 2000...before he got drafted by the Falcons. So...quick question...where'd he get the money to buy his first fighting dog. Either, the informant is lying, or Vick was getting some cash under the table.

Either seems plausible. But, I'd be surprised if Vick plays at all this year. Goodell's got an itchy trigger finger, and deservedly so. Bye Mike. Can't say I'll miss ya'.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a news report that stated that the police have secured a search warrant for Vick's home. I'm quite interested to see if they find anything.

Update - The news report now says that the warrant was issued on May 23 to search the property in Virginia that was raided in April looking for up to 30 dog carcasses but has not been executed. What are they waiting for?
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Vick was indicted today by a grand jury. This should keep the thug from playing a down this year.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately he will end up playing IMHO. I think they will take he is innocent until proven guilty route and the league will let him play.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Unfortunately he will end up playing IMHO. I think they will take he is innocent until proven guilty route and the league will let him play.
    That's what I think will happen too - they need him too much to do without so I wouldn't be surprised to see his trial "delayed" until after the season.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

He is going to play, no one will stop him. The indictment means nothing more than he is indicted. He may never even go to trial. The truth of the matter is he is put up on a pedestal like all other public figures. It takes many many arrests and indictments for the government to finally react. Look at Paris Hilton, Robert Blake, O.J. Simpson(he wrote a book about to how to kill his wife!). Look at Robert Downey he was an addict and got arrested how many times before the court took action. Vick should have been charged as soon as the house was raided, simply because it was HIS property. If you lend a friend your truck, they commit a felony without your knowledge and are caught while commiting that felony, guess what? you may lose your truck. Hopefully the justice system will work this time. But let's look at this logically. If they prosecute him in Virgina they will use residents of that state as jurors. How many people in Virginia know who Michael Vick is? Come on!
    Please stop for a moment set aside an hour and go find a police officer working a beat and thank them..164 officers last year never got that thank you.. ~ Borrowed and Edited from Nick Ruggiero
    April 24th-29th 2012 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to wait until I hear all the facts on the case to fully form an opinion, but from what ESPN reported, I agree with what others are saying. If the evidence is laid on the table, and all he gets is a slap on the wrist, I may never watch the NFL again. If this was a normal job, Vick would have been fired already. It's sad that these are people who we look up to, when teachers, firefighters, and police officers devote their lives to a calling that hardly allows them to make enough money to get by. It's clear we need to change our opinions on who are "real" role models.
    Believe in the future, the world is getting better, there is still plenty of opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

If I had to bet, my bet would be Michael Vick never plays another game in the NFL again.

Roger Goodell is NOT KIDDING about cleaning up the league. And what Vick has done is much worse than some of these others in terms of public opinion.

Goodell can't have the league's image tarnished to the point of having a dog killer in the NFL.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cubbie View Post
    It's sad that these are people who we look up to, when teachers, firefighters, and police officers devote their lives to a calling that hardly allows them to make enough money to get by. It's clear we need to change our opinions on who are "real" role models.
    I agree with you 100%. It is too early to know what will happen but the balls should have rolling sooner.
    Please stop for a moment set aside an hour and go find a police officer working a beat and thank them..164 officers last year never got that thank you.. ~ Borrowed and Edited from Nick Ruggiero
    April 24th-29th 2012 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think Goodell may wait for actual charges to be filed before taking action. The other players who were suspended by him were actually charged with something. Now, this does not stop the Falcons from doing something. They are free to bench or release him, which is what I think will happen.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, actual charges have been filed as well, according to ESPN radio. Goodell can now use precedence in suspending Vick. I see the Falcons possibly taking a chance on Culpepper in light of the situation.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about the suspension. I could be wrong but I think this will be Vick's first arrest since joining the league in ’01. The other 3 guys that were suspended have been arrested multiple times in only a few years (Pacman Jones has more arrests than interceptions.) My guess is if he pleads not guilty and tells Goodell that he’s innocent, they’ll probably let him play until he’s convicted.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The problem in this case isn't the legalities, it's the court of public opinion.

You can't trot Vick out on the field in Atlanta and have him getting booed and getting things thrown at him all game. It's pointless.

It would be one thing if he was a beloved QB in his hometown that had 3 Super Bowl rings and 10 Pro Bowl seasons. People would be more likely to back him.

This is a guy that has flipped off his fans and basically acted like a complete thug from day one. Oh yeah, and he's not a very good quarterback either.

Even if the league doesn't suspend him (which I still think they will) I'd be shocked if the Falcons start him. The public outcry would be way too much.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: