Quantcast On The Lot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On The Lot

Post Thanks / Like

Default On The Lot

Is anyone planning to watch this show? I've been looking forward to it. I used to make a lot of movies is high school and college, and always thought I'd eventually become a filmmaker .... I ended up working in TV, which I enjoy, but my first love is still film. The show premieres on Fox tonight, after American Idol.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reminding me about this show, I've been looking forward to it!!!

I've always been intersted in working "behind the scenes", I even went to school and got a broadcasting degree. Now I don't use it (I work in an office) but I still think this show will be interesting!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I watched this show last night and we really enjoyed it. I wanted to see more!! We liked it so much because DH actually produces commercials and videos as our church's media director for a living. He also directs or at least supervises others directing the services on sunday mornings (live cameras, and media mixed together on very large screens). He went to school and got a degree in Radio-Television on the production track and has always loved making videos, so this show was really great to us. We talked about what he would do in each situation as we watched it.
    Laura

1999, 2001, 2002, 2004 , 2005
    2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge-HONEYMOON
    2007 Disneyland
    2007 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Pop Century
    May 2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder
    December 2009-Disney at Christmas

****Disneyventures...A Place for Happy Endings****

Post Thanks / Like

I think having to pitch their movie ideas in front of Carrie Fisher, Gary Marshall, and Brett Ratner was very tough for a lot of them. They may be great filmmakers, but just not good presenters. I think it was a good test, because so much of getting a film made in Hollywood is to be able to convice someone it is worth investing the studio's money in, and selling the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by angel8783 View Post
    My husband and I watched this show last night and we really enjoyed it. I wanted to see more!!
    I felt the same way. I wanted the show to continue. They will air another episode tonight after the American Idol Finale. Watching them try to make a film with 3 other directors they never met, also seemed like a very hard task. I could just imagine how difficult that would be. Everyone has their own idea, especially when you get into creative things. It is hard to find someone who shares your same vision ... that is why so many directors, prducers, editors, always work together.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    I felt the same way. I wanted the show to continue. They will air another episode tonight after the American Idol Finale.
    I believe it comes on tomorrow night at 9:30, not tonight. Unless tivo is lying to me. I kind of hope not because it will conflict with Lost!

I too wanted more. I didn’t think it was over when they stopped it!!! I hope this show sticks around because I could really get into it!

I felt for the first guy that walked in a completely forgot his idea!!!! Funny enough, in broadcasting school I had to get up and do a speech on the best way to get around Disney because they wanted us to get used to talking in front of an audience for situations like this. I can’t image having to do it with Carrie Fisher and Gary Marshall in the audience! That was an easy way to weed out 14 people though. I was actually feeling bad for the judges because it seemed like they were up all day, just like the contestants. And they had to listen to the good and the bad!

Also…write, shoot and edit a short movie in 24hours! Ouch!!!!!
    Amber

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    I believe it comes on tomorrow night at 9:30, not tonight. Unless tivo is lying to me. I kind of hope not because it will conflict with Lost!
    Yes you are right, my mistake. It comes on after "So You Think You Can Dance". I don't know if I set my DVR correct or not, I'll have to check.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I loved watching them pitch! It was educational watching the ones who did it well, as well as it was cringe-inducing to watch the few mess up. It reminded me of some book pitches I've had to make. It's not easy to sell someone on an idea-- keep the story straight and make the characters/plot seem dynamic and interesting all at once. I was nervous for them all.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed it, but too many contestants, and the 'hostess' was really bad. Some of those pitches needed a quick return to the days of "The Gong Show".
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    Enjoyed it, but too many contestants, and the 'hostess' was really bad. Some of those pitches needed a quick return to the days of "The Gong Show".
    I was not a fan of the host of the show either. Hopefully the contestants number will be widled down quickly, as in most reality shows.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I still like the basic concept of the show, but was not impressed with last night's voting show. It just seems too much like a copy of Idol's live results show. It's also not a good sign for the success of a show when they change the host so soon, though I guess others like me didn't like her. I like Adrianna Costa, and have worked with her in the past, though I think she needed to slow down a little. Some of the films are really good. I liked the saftey lab film, that was very well done.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

We are running a little behind on this show. My daughter and I watched the 18 finalist films last night. Loved the dancing communicator guy, the alien one, the exploding lab, the airport security one and the one about farting. I could not believe how such a complete little story could be told in 1 minute. We really enjoyed the show. We are going to watch the results show tonight. The only one that I truely hope gets the boot off is the guy that made the wacky cab film. That one scared me.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    The only one that I truely hope gets the boot off is the guy that made the wacky cab film. That one scared me.
    I didn't like that either, Donna. I also didn't like that fact that one guy made a trailer. In my opinion *that* was not the task.

I really liked "Lucky Penny".
    šš*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t like the Wacky Cab either, or the guy that made its attitude. I was very disappointed when he didn’t go home.

I think the guy that did the trailer did a real good job on the trailer, it just wasn’t the assignment. I’m glad he didn’t go home though. I’m curious to see what he does in the future.

I agree that Adrianna Costa didn’t do too hot at the host. Is she the sister on Ugly Betty?

Do we have a new show tonight, or tomorrow night? I forget if they are doing Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday showings.
    Amber

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    I agree that Adrianna Costa didn’t do too hot at the host. Is she the sister on Ugly Betty?
    The woman on Ugly Betty is played by Ana Ortiz ... they do look similar, though I think Adrianna is prettier, but then I'm biased. Adrianna worked here in LA for a while, then she was working for CNN, now she she is hosting this show.

The show will be on Tuesday at 8pm Est.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the films "Broken Pipe Dreams", and "Dough: The Musical". The song was very well written and funny. I agreed with Michael Bay on that one, it could have been more visually shot, but then that's what Bay said to almost all of them. That is his style of making films. I got the feeling Michael Bay didn't really want to be there, he was just there to promote his Transformer movie, not so coincidentally prooduced by DreamWorks.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I did not like Michael Bays comments. They seemed to not be coming from a very "mentoring" type of place from him. I agree that he looked bored and like this was beneath him. I actually liked all of the shorts a lot last night except for the Finklestein one. I think the Dough Musical was my favorite, very clever and funny, and great song too. This show is very entertaining.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    The woman on Ugly Betty is played by Ana Ortiz ... they do look similar, though I think Adrianna is prettier, but then I'm biased. Adrianna worked here in LA for a while, then she was working for CNN, now she she is hosting this show.

The show will be on Tuesday at 8pm Est.
    Thanks!! I've been meaning to look that up since last weeks episode but I figured you would know the answer!

For some reason I thought they were going to do a show and then the kick off the next night. Oh well, one night a week is good.

I like how they narrowed it down to 5 shorts per week.

The Finklestein one reminded me of Meet the Parents. It didn't seem original to me.

When I first heard "musical" I thought "oh no!" but I kind of liked the Dough one. It was very original!
    Amber

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Broken Pipe Dreams and Dough, but my favorite turned out to be the last one they played, about the gay Indian comedian. I thought it looked very professional and I liked her camera work.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

This week's show has some good ones. I think I liked "Polished" the best.

I liked the style of Marty Martin's film but I didn't really care for the film, if that makes sense. For some reason I thought they had to do comedies, but I might be getting this challenge mixed up with the prior challenge.

I can see how Kenny's film is very stylistic but it did seem more like a music video.

I thought Carrie Fisher was in a bad mood last night or something. It almost seemed like she was in pain. It made me wonder if something happened before the show. She was very negative!
    Amber

Post Thanks / Like

I thought she was negative because the films just weren't that good...
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: