Quantcast Just Questions--Pirates' Hospital/Cookie Cruise. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ummm....how about a floating tent?
    You should have mentioned that whole "no flame" thing earlier.....
    WesWerX șoș

"Laughter is America's most important export" - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    Well, nice new thread we have here. Sailing the seas with cookies sounds heavenly now doesn't it?

I will take a Singapore Sling in honor of the new movie.
    Where's the signup sheet for visiting the captain's quarters?

I'd love a Singapore Sling! What a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    I didn't read all the way back but saw about Christine's dizziness. Loads of for you! How can they say just watch it? Watch what? Watch you fall down and faint? Makes no sense.
    Hey Scott! I guess now I have to go and read the end of the other thread. Hope you're doing okay!

Sorry I didn't make it back during the day. I guess I got my twelve o'clocks mixed up!

Hey, Blythe and Lynne, you guys around? Guess you guys have night watch on the ship tonight. Take care of "wicked Jack," please.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

OK, since a couple of people claimed to like oatmeal (and not in cookie form), it's available again tomorrow morning for breakfast. It's the plain kind though - no fancy flavored stuff for me (they're loaded with sugar). I do have plain sugar, brown sugar or, my choice, Splenda, to sweeten it up, and some cinnamon to add a little spice if you so choose.

And, as far as how many miles 10,000 steps is, for me it seems to be 5 miles, at least according to my step counter program. But, I did it today!

Is anyone seasick? I think I've got some dramamine leftover from the last cruise.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ellen! I'm here...can't sleep. But I am feeling much more relieved. I just got off the phone with a dear friend of mine, and told her about my massive dizzy spells, lightheadedness, heart palpitations, etc.

She started asking me about my pain killers. I told her they had prescribed 750mg vicoden es, 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours. Well, I was taking about 10 a day. (They sent me home with 60, then called me in 10 more...I have one left).

She looked it up in her PDR, and come to find out I had SEVERELY exceeded the allowed dosage and as she read the symptoms of overdose/severe side effects it matched every single one of my symptoms to the tee. What's weird is, it said the MAXIMUM adult recommendation is 1-500mg tablet every 6 hours. Mine clearly states 750mg, 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours.

Now actually I am "in withdrawal" and that is when the dizziness really gets bad. So I am going to drink as much water as I can and try to flush my system.

But boy do I feel relieved to know what is wrong with me! She said it stays in the body for a while, but should be gone in a few weeks at the most. So there will be a light at the end of this tunnel!!

Ken, good luck on opening night!

Deb, I am THRILLED you are feeling better! You really are sounding like your old self!! Enjoy the rest of the week off!

Lynne, I neglected to tell you on the other thread, I am so sad about your job/pay situation! That stinks! I hope it can be resolved quickly!

Jenn, I really enjoyed your trip reports and pictures! I can't remember if I have told you that or not...wanted to make sure I did!

Scott, you have been too busy...seems like we don't see you much anymore??

Nat, are flip flop crocs better than the originals, or is anything croc a fashion no-no? I keep hearing how wonderful they are and I am getting tempted!!

I hope Mikki, Blythe, Rhonda, Alex, Di, Frankie, et al find their way on board ship soon!

Wes, I don't think we've met...I'm Christine. "Alongfortheride" is my husband, John (aka Bert the chimney sweep from my avatar). He's new to these parts!!

Did I ask a question in any of that?? I can't remember...
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rhonda! I must have still be typing when you submitted your post! Congrats on the walking and eating right...you're doing awesome!

Can I have some oatmeal too? I am eating oatmeal every morning to try to get my cholesterol down. I like brown sugar!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Ummmm, what is going on here? What happened to this place? Who hid the goodies?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    [Psssst. Don't tell the wenches matey, except the redhead of course, but we've got the cookies stashed in the cannon. Well, we did have them stashed there until Wes got too close with a flame. Now you'll need to look in that flattened floating tent over yonder. Arrrr.]

How's everybody's Wednesday shaping up?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Nat, are flip flop crocs better than the originals, or is anything croc a fashion no-no? I keep hearing how wonderful they are and I am getting tempted!!
    Crocs! Noooooooo! Don't do it Christine.

Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
    I hope Mikki, Blythe, Rhonda, Alex, Di, Frankie, et al find their way on board ship soon!
    Et al? Who is that? Is this a new member of the JQ contingent? Must be Latin.
    Alex

11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    My Wednesday? Do you really wanna know? I think we had a 'mini' tornado last night. WICKED storm went thru starting around 11pm. We lost power at my house, the trees were actually touching the ground from the winds being so strong.. LOTS of branches/trees down. Got to work and part of our roof is blown off. Lying in the front of the building. Night crew said they were terrified, thought the whole roof was going. Telephone pole out front is snapped in half. Business across the street also has roof damage. Rocks were blown thru a few windows... obviously lost sleep so I"m VERY tired today... anyone got some coffee? And are those cookies done yet - or are you ladies too busy with the wait staff? (oops... family friendly site )
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Here in the south we'd say she needs a pork chop.

Did I mention that we'll be having no moonlight cruises? If you think Elizabeth is skin and bones....
    That's a good one! Can I share with DH?
    Quote Originally Posted by alongfortheride View Post

Did you really think I wouldn't find this thread?
    Good for you John...(psst..Christine edit button edit button)

Shouldn't you be working, Darling???
    That's an odd concept.

Quote Originally Posted by weswerx View Post
    Did someone say "porkchops"? Delivered by Elizabeth? Even better!
    I think we were delivering them to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    And, as far as how many miles 10,000 steps is, for me it seems to be 5 miles, at least according to my step counter program. But, I did it today!
    Way to go Rhonda!!!
    Now actually I am "in withdrawal" and that is when the dizziness really gets bad. So I am going to drink as much water as I can and try to flush my system.

But boy do I feel relieved to know what is wrong with me! She said it stays in the body for a while, but should be gone in a few weeks at the most. So there will be a light at the end of this tunnel!!

Did I ask a question in any of that?? I can't remember...
    Crocs...as Ellen replied...are pretty much a non-starter in my universe. However my Mom has them so clearly many many many people are not hearing my words on the subject. And so why should you worry about it? After all comfort is kinda important or so I'm told. (In other words..just cause I think fashion is critcal in my shoes I sure don't think everyone else should be so silly!).

So does the Vicodin deal mean your like Dr. House? Do you get super duper Dr. Powers?

likely Frankie no?

[Psssst. Don't tell the wenches matey, except the redhead of course, but we've got the cookies stashed in the cannon. Well, we did have them stashed there until Wes got too close with a flame. Now you'll need to look in that flattened floating tent over yonder. Arrrr.]

Uh Ken has anyone ever told you that Di is a redhead? And so am I? (I know a red-headed female commercial banker..there should be a tv commercial!)
    Last edited by offwego; 05-16-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: forgot to add in my comment for Rhonda...silly multiquote
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Uh Ken has anyone ever told you that Di is a redhead? And so am I? (I know a red-headed female commercial banker..there should be a tv commercial!)
    Hmmm. I should have said the redhead in the long red dress and feathered hat, eh?

Capt. Jack wants to know if everyone has enough tea and cookies for now because he has to get ready soon for some sort of premier or something next week.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. I should have said the redhead in the long red dress and feathered hat, eh?

Capt. Jack wants to know if everyone has enough tea and cookies for now because he has to get ready soon for some sort of premier or something next week.
    And he needs to leave now? Does that mean he's taking the boat? Do you think Alex knew which redhead or do you think he told Di? Di often provides the cookies (along of course with many others). I'm not sure if he'll mess with the source.

I have to do a phone interview for a bio page for clients..yuck. Who on earth knows what your clients say about you? or what they can gain from doing business with me. (though I suspect most of them say money)...who on earth thinks these ideas up?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

we've got the cookies stashed in the cannon. Well, we did have them stashed there until Wes got too close with a flame. Now you'll need to look in that flattened floating tent over yonder. Arrrr.]

I told you that I would bake all the cookies you all want if Will Turner will be my new caretaker. Deal?? My Wednesday is going o.k. I get to go to the doctor to see if I am all better. Gotta be leaving in a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    My Wednesday? Do you really wanna know? I think we had a 'mini' tornado last night. WICKED storm went thru starting around 11pm. We lost power at my house, the trees were actually touching the ground from the winds being so strong.. LOTS of branches/trees down. Got to work and part of our roof is blown off. Lying in the front of the building. Night crew said they were terrified, thought the whole roof was going. Telephone pole out front is snapped in half. Business across the street also has roof damage. Rocks were blown thru a few windows... obviously lost sleep so I"m VERY tired today... anyone got some coffee? And are those cookies done yet - or are you ladies too busy with the wait staff? (oops... family friendly site )
    Um..thought you weren't allowed coffee, sis. They are still making you work through all that?

Christine...so glad to know that you figured out what was wrong with you. Hope you start feeling much better now. Hang in there!
    Rhonda...keep up the good work! Proud of you!

Talk to you all later..wouldn't be good to be late for the doctor appointment, huh?
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs! Noooooooo! Don't do it Christine.
    It's none of my business, but I have to agree....
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Yikes Di! I hope that everyone is safe and sound!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    I told you that I would bake all the cookies you all want if Will Turner will be my new caretaker. Deal?? My Wednesday is going o.k. I get to go to the doctor to see if I am all better. Gotta be leaving in a few minutes.
    I thought about you last night.... Your boy Orlando was on Jay Leno...and I saw him. He seems like such a nice guy.... and he's not hard to look at!

Guess what just happened? My doorbell rang and it was FedEx delivering our MNSSHP tickets! I guess it's official!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Guess what just happened? My doorbell rang and it was FedEx delivering our MNSSHP tickets! I guess it's official!
    How cool is that?

And Di I have no idea how I missed that but that must have been pretty scary!!I hope they get it fixed before you resort to coffee.

Jenn did you hear about the chunk of marble that got blown off First Canadian Place? 140KG falling 60 stories must have been moving pretty quickly don't you think?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Jenn did you hear about the chunk of marble that got blown off First Canadian Place? 140KG falling 60 stories must have been moving pretty quickly don't you think?
    That's my path to work too...coming and going. Can I plead stress and worries and take some time off? I think I'll plan on running fast through that area -- what a sight that would be!!
    I'm waiting on 3 yards of triple mix to be delivered. Of course we've had crazy thunderstorms for 2 1/2 days....and we don't have our driveway poured yet....How much of the stuff do you think will be left by the weekend when I have my manservant dig the garden out?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

That's my path to work too...coming and going. Can I plead stress and worries and take some time off? I think I'll plan on running fast through that area -- what a sight that would be!!
    I'm waiting on 3 yards of triple mix to be delivered. Of course we've had crazy thunderstorms for 2 1/2 days....and we don't have our driveway poured yet....How much of the stuff do you think will be left by the weekend when I have my manservant dig the garden out?
    Yikes! And you walk outdoors? How novel! Good luck with the triple mix..wicked rain here too so I'd guess not much unless they tarp it for you. How much does Brian charge?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about you last night.... Your boy Orlando was on Jay Leno...and I saw him. He seems like such a nice guy.... and he's not hard to look at!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. You mean I missed seeing my Orlando??? I didn't know he was on Jay Leno. Dang.. Did Jay ask him any good questions?
    That's great you got your tickets! Have a great time for me, k?
    Obviously, just got back from the doctor. I am clear for work & whatever food I want to eat! BRING ON THOSE COOKIES!!!!!!!
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. You mean I missed seeing my Orlando??? I didn't know he was on Jay Leno. Dang.. Did Jay ask him any good questions?
    Oh c'mon Deb....why would you want Orlando when you have Ken, Frankie and me?
    Alex

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Where's the signup sheet for visiting the captain's quarters?
    The monkey took it.

Hey, Blythe and Lynne, you guys around? Guess you guys have night watch on the ship tonight. Take care of "wicked Jack," please.
    Yes, I had night watch. Just got up from bed to get ready to do another. Wicked Jack reminds me of a patient last night. His name was, in fact, Jack and he kept getting up and getting dressed and then hiding. I kept finding him in odd places (store room, kitchen, other patient's rooms etc...). A bit scary in middle of night when you walk in to a room and there in the corner he sits...

I had SEVERELY exceeded the allowed dosage and as she read the symptoms of overdose/severe side effects it matched every single one of my symptoms to the tee.
    OMG...I hope you get over this and feel better soon. We don't use vicodin in canada (at least not that I have heard of. Sometimes our drugs go by a different name than yours) to you.

Lynne, I neglected to tell you on the other thread, I am so sad about your job/pay situation! That stinks! I hope it can be resolved quickly!
    Thanks. I applied for a job on a different unit last night. Crossing fingers for that one. It all boils down to seniority, so depends on who else applied. Thing is...I like the unit I am on, I have good friends there and feel part of that team. I will be sad to leave, but will if I have to. It will all work out somehow. I believe everything happens for a reason. Anyone know the reason???

The monkey took them.

Oh c'mon Deb....why would you want Orlando when you have Ken, Frankie and me?
    Same reason I want Johnny?
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: