Quantcast 'POTC: At World's End' Discussion - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the movie today, I enjoyed it very much although I thought it was a tad bit too long...

I'm bummed that I did not stay through the credits so if someone would be kind enough to PM me what I missed that would be great!!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw it 8:00 PM last night.

Loved it. I thought it was smart and action packed.

Would anyone be kind enought to PM me what happened after the credits?? We didn't stay, it was getting late and I drank way to much soda!
    Nick Capp
    DVC Member
    Disney's Beach Club Villas
    Up Next!: Spring Break at the Springs!

"Faith is kind, she gives to those who love."

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've PMed everyone asking about the ending. Anyone else who needs it or misses it, feel free to PM me.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

We saw it tonight and I loved it. To be honest I was big in the the whole pirate thing and I saw the first 2 and thought they were good just not something I was really over the top into. My cousin/roommate however loves them so we went tonight, I was already actually look foward to it from the previews but I think this was the best one yet. I really really loved it.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Great movie! Loved the ride references (again!)!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back tonight from seeing Pirates. I really enjoyed it, though I also think I liked part 2 a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    We made it tonight too! All I can say to everyone with no spoilers is I wish I would have rewatched the second movie before going
    I did watch most of the second part before we went to see. We ran out of time, and didn't get to see the whole thing. It had been a while since I had watched Dead Man's Chest.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Definitely loved the homages to the ride.

Just a warning though, this movie is very violent. So were the others I guess, but this one seemed even more intense. There is no real blood or gore so to speak of, but there is a lot of death.
    I also love when they put things in from the ride... I agree parts of the movie were violent. I guess it depends on the child, some parents may want to see it first, if they have young kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Lynn View Post
    I just saw the movie today, I enjoyed it very much although I thought it was a tad bit too long...

I'm bummed that I did not stay through the credits so if someone would be kind enough to PM me what I missed that would be great!!
    The movie seemed a little long to me as well, and that's not usually something I say. I enjoy long movies if they don't feel long. I had heard about the sequence after the credits so when they started rolling I told my wife we need to wait to the very end. There was about 20% of the audience that also waited in our theater.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I really hated it. I won't say anything else or I would be giving away spoilers.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

20 in our group and 20 LOVED IT!!

We did freak the manager out a bit because we were almost all dressed in pirate attire. It was great fun and I've never laughed so hard!

Great comedy, great drama, great action, great romance, great easter eggs for ride lovers, tied up the last one nicely.

AWESOME MOVIE!!
    ~ Kristen
    Disneyland - '78,'92,'93,'94,'95,'98
    Walt Disney World - '72,'73,'75,'76,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'83,'84,
    '85,'86,'87,'88,'89,'91,'96, '02, '05

Polynesian Resort with my Family & BFF, Dec '07!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The movie has now opened in wide release, so expect to be spoiled if you enter this thread!

It's less confusing in the long run to keep all the discussion on the same topic in one place.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spoilers

Tried to post spoilers in a separate thread but it wasn't allowed so I guess I'll be the first.

When we saw the movie we had a small emergency with one of our group so I think I missed the meaning of some things.

SPOILERS IN WHITE HERE:

1. Why did Chow Yun Fat's character think Elizabeth was Calypso?

2. Why in the world didn't Beckett fire on both sides? What was going on there?

3. Why was the crew so inspired by Elizabeth's Braveheart/Aragorn speech? (OK, that's not really a question, just had a hard time making that leap.)

Just to say I thought the movie overall was AWESOME, if just a little bogged down in details. And forget Johnny Depp. I am in love with Geoffrey Rush.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I won't be going for a couple of weeks, unless I can get someone to join me during the week sometimes after it opens. I would rather see it without people being LOUD in the theater. Pet peeves, you know ...
    That would be my preference too, Michael. Opening weekend crowds are so....enthusiastic.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I went and saw it again with DH last night (he didn't get to see it on Thursday with me) and enjoyed it thoroughly again. DH wasn't as impressed with it as I am, but hey, different strokes and all that...

And Michael, you mentioned something about avoiding this movie for opening weekend because of crowds and loud audiences. I can honestly say I was TERRIFIED that I was going to have a bad experience on Thursday night...the theater was chock full of teenagers, all texting, taking pictures, running back and forth to different groups, etc.

But when that movie started until it ended, you could have heard a pin drop!

I think this movie is active and interesting enough to keep even the loudest mouths hushed!

You may want to check it out!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post

And Michael, you mentioned something about avoiding this movie for opening weekend because of crowds and loud audiences. I can honestly say I was TERRIFIED that I was going to have a bad experience on Thursday night...the theater was chock full of teenagers, all texting, taking pictures, running back and forth to different groups, etc.
    Take that, multiply it by a hundered screaming 15 year old girls, and add a very disorganized theatre staff and that was my experience Thursday at midnight. It was terrible. After that I am staying far, far away from Harry Potter until at least a week after it opens. And even then I'm going in the morning!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Take that, multiply it by a hundered screaming 15 year old girls, and add a very disorganized theatre staff and that was my experience Thursday at midnight. It was terrible. After that I am staying far, far away from Harry Potter until at least a week after it opens. And even then I'm going in the morning!
    Man, I hate that you had such a bad experience! I guess it's just a roll of the dice!

I remember seeing Nemo WELL after it had been released. There were only 3 other groups in the theater with us. However it was one of the worst experiences we've ever had! Screaming kids, cell phones, running up and down the aisles...

I guess you never know!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Our theater was a large one, and was full, but the audience was great. There were enthusiastic, but nobody was talking or making noise. I don't remember hearing any cell phones during the show. They caught all the theme park references, and inside jokes ... It was a great crowd.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Awsome! For a three hour movie it seemed like it just started and it was over. Lot's of action, drama and comedy. Sure there were cheesy parts but overall a movie I'm very glad I saw. I also loved he tie ins to the ride. My only complaint is I missed the end scene after the credits, my DD had to go to the bathroom with 30 minutes to go but made it to the end, once the credits started it was a sprint for her.

Oh well, now we have a reason to go see it again.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen it three times so far. I love it! I learn more about it every time I see it. I just don't understand one part...I've asked everyone why they think it happened, and no one has been able to figure it out yet.

Post Thanks / Like

7of us went to the show last night. We were there an hour and half early. We had our tickets pre bought but we all needed to sit together!! More fun that way. Well we were all excited before the show started. I have to say that this was the best crowd to watch a movie with. We all cheered when we saw Jack the first time and we all gasped and laughed in the same places. I don't think I have been in a theater were we clapped at the end but last night we DID! I loved the movie and selfishly am hoping for a 4th I just love Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp! I think I am planing to go again Wed. This will for sure be a 5 time or more seeing it in the theater!!!!
    Bonnie
    Oct '89 Comfort Inn and CBR
    Nov '92 Comfort Inn and DixieLandings
    Feb '96 Comfort Inn
    Feb '98 All Star Sports (Tennis)
    Feb '04 Disney Cruise, Pop Century (50's)

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to be in the minority here, but I didn't like it. I felt like I was watching a ping-pong match. Captain Jack was a supporting character in this movie. I thought this was the Elizabeth Swann show!
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrowncatP View Post
    I seem to be in the minority here, but I didn't like it. I felt like I was watching a ping-pong match. Captain Jack was a supporting character in this movie. I thought this was the Elizabeth Swann show!
    That's how I felt at first, but it just gets better each time I see it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: