Quantcast MNSSHP rare characters where to find

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP rare characters where to find

I've heard the MNSSHP is the time to see rare characters but where are they located? So far I've heard the Alice in Wonderland characters are on the trail from Toontown to Tomorrowland. Snow White and the seven dwarves are supposed to be, on the right-hand side by the fence, if you are looking at Dumbo (with Ariel's Grotto behind it). Any others?
    Sept 2002 POFQ
    Mar 2004 Disneyland
    Oct/Nov 2007 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a prob finding characters but them I'm a bit hardcore! I found the Alice characters by the tea cups, Snow White and Dopey in the old Skyway to Tomorrowland queue up station, and Peter Pan near Pirates of the Caribbean, the princesses in the Judges Tent, A few years back I saw Aurora on Main Street which is super rare...
    Disney Wilderness Campground 1989
    Disney's Polynesian Resort 1996
    Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside 2004
    Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort This September 2007 YAY!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never found all the dwarves though, I don't think they do meet and greets, I think just Dopey does the meet and greets and the Dwarves come out for special events.

Post Thanks / Like

What does MNSSHP stand for?

Post Thanks / Like

oops sorry the Halloween party. Then I have no idea :P

Post Thanks / Like

The 7 Dwarfs do meet & greets for the Halloween & Christmas parties, They appear in Fantasyland over by the old skyway building I believe.
    ~ * Liz * ~
    Costuming CM CP Alumni / Aug 06 - May 07 -
    Magic Kingdom / MNNSHP / Mickey's Twas / Spectro / Pirate & Princess / Animal Kingdom / MJJP =)

Last trip: July 10 - ASSp/AKL
    Next trip: May 11 - Planning Session with DFTW!

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the old skyway building in Fantasyland??
    What about the Genie, does he ever do pics and autographs??
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

The old skyway building is near "It's a Small World, and Peter Pan's Flight. Its near the exit into Liberty Sq. Genie does meet and greets all the time. I saw him in Morocco in EPCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the villians are in front of the castle for meet and greets after there show they do.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

The villians do photos only after the castle show. The 7 Dwarfs do photos only near Dumbo. For other rare characters, Abu can be found over by the Magic Carpets ride.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Genie often meets and greets near Aladdin's Flying Carpets. We saw Walrus (Alice) on pathway between Toontown and Tomorrowland.
    Saw Playing Cards near teacups. If you go to MNSSHP there will be a special park guide for the party that has character meet and greet areas marked.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrninGost
    If you go to MNSSHP there will be a special park guide for the party that has character meet and greet areas marked.
    ... and for planning purposes we have the 2006 Halloween Party Park Guide available in info Central.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

What I was wondering is if certain characters can always be found in the same spots and if so who and where? Or do they change spots year to year? Maybe this will help. These are the locations listed on the MNSSHP map.

Adventureland
    By Treehouse-?
    Magic Carpets- Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu

Fantasyland
    Dumbo- Snow White and the seven Dwarves

Tomorrowland
    Storytime with Belle-?
    Space Mountain-?

Toontown
    Judges Tent-?
    Donald's boat-?

Trail from Toontown to Tomorrowland
    Alice in Wonderland Characters
    Sept 2002 POFQ
    Mar 2004 Disneyland
    Oct/Nov 2007 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PNWmom View Post
    What I was wondering is if certain characters can always be found in the same spots and if so who and where? Or do they change spots year to year? Maybe this will help. These are the locations listed on the MNSSHP map.

Adventureland
    By Treehouse-?
    Magic Carpets- Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu

Fantasyland
    Dumbo- Snow White and the seven Dwarves

Tomorrowland
    Storytime with Belle-?
    Space Mountain-?

Toontown
    Judges Tent-?
    Donald's boat-?

Trail from Toontown to Tomorrowland
    Alice in Wonderland Characters
    In Adventureland, across from the Treehouse, is the Jungle Trek. It has the following:
    Tarzan, Jane, and Terk
    Timon and Rafiki
    Baloo and King Louie
    (At least it did MNSSHP 2006)

Carpet ride- Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, and Genie

Toontown- I met Cinderella, Prince Charming, Aurora, and Prince Phillip in the HOF. Mickey was in his garden, and Minnie was in her gazebo. The Little Einsteins were outside as well.

Treat trail- the Alice in Wonderland characters. I met Alice, Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, and Mr. Walrus.

Tomorrowland- There was a dance party in Cosmic Rays. Stitch is on the stage, dressed as Elvis. Donald (pumpkin) and Pluto (space dog) are on the dance floor. Buzz is by his ride.

Fantasyland- Snow White and 7 Dwarves by Dumbo (photos only). Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore are by Pooh's Playground. In front of the castle after the show are the villians (photos only). There is also a dance party by Ariel's Grotto.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was looking for!!

Thank you!!
    Sept 2002 POFQ
    Mar 2004 Disneyland
    Oct/Nov 2007 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention that depending on the year or so, you'll be able to find some extremely obscure and rare characters that may never appear again at WDW. Sora from "Kingdom Hearts" appeared in Tommorrowland at the party in 2004 and he was accompanied by Donald and Goofy in their respective clothing from the game(this was most likely to promote "KH:Chain of Memories" for Game Boy), not to mention Thumper from "Bambi" was there that year as well. Perhaps we'll find some more rare guys this year as well.

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

....Which you would have thought that Sora and Co. would have been out this last year for the release of KH2. But noooooooo, of course not. And he is the one I am completely dying to get because I love that game so much. I've also heard a rumor that there was an Organization XIII Mickey, but....yeah, that was probably a rumor.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Character groups

Other than Snow White and the 7 dwarves, do any of the characters appear as groups?
    Sept 2002 POFQ
    Mar 2004 Disneyland
    Oct/Nov 2007 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I love the MNSSHP. We have been the last three years. We are big character seekers and have been dissapointed that more characters are not out for the party. Look we are not complianing we love the event. But I think the parties should switch up more from year to year. I realize everyone does not come year in and year out, but thats what Mickey and the big 5 are for. Throw the famalies who love finding rare characters more bones. Do we need the Alice trail every year? Why not a trail of villans, The villans stage show has dwindled every year and the number of them appearing is getting scarce and predictable (Hook, White Queen, Maleficent, Jafar maybe Cruella or Frollo) Oh look I have gone on a rant sorry. Just a thought I hope that did not sound negative, just last year on our entire vacation Apu and Brer Fox (who we met during the day) were the only new characters we found.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PNWmom View Post
    Other than Snow White and the 7 dwarves, do any of the characters appear as groups?
    The Pooh characters go in groups, Pooh with Eeyore and Tigger with Piglet. The Aladdin characters do. I believe it is Aladdin and Jasmine, then Abu and Genie. Peter Pan and Wendy meet together, also Captain Hook and Mr. Smee (I think. I am trying to not mix up MNSSHP and MVMCP).
    Cruises:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: