Quantcast "New" Refillable Mugs [Merged Threads] - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belle--86 View Post
    I hope we can get the new mugs when we're down in July because we're splitting resorts--that would save us a little money.

We are actually staying 12 days at 3 resorts. I was really happy to see this! Can't see purchasing a mug for 2 nights.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The design matches the YOAMD colors.

So far, the YOAMD mugs are now available at some of the moderate and value resorts. There have been no reports yet from any of the deluxes.

Post Thanks / Like

To the original poster, iluvdizney2--what does it say on your mug as far as restrictions or use? I just want to make sure this isn't another case of cast member misinformation.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Donald Duck 224 Guest

I always get the mugs. It is great for our family if we are hanging around the pool or getting an early start to the day during EMH

Post Thanks / Like

When we got the mugs, we were told they can be used at any resort during your stay. The manager actually came by as the castmember was showing us the info about it (in print!) and asked if something was wrong and I asked him about the rules. One thing that makes total sense now and is a good thing for people who actually obey the rules. The reason for the date on the cup is now people cant come back next year using 2007 cups! So in fact it was a loss prevention issue. That was what we were told.
    The cups are not as cute as the normal resort cups, but in fact it makes sense to have them for all the resorts, with a year date on it.
    When we asked about mugs at the park, they said not yet, but there had been a lot of people asking for it...and they said if enough people ask, you never know.
    Hope this info helps!
    Donna
    Mom to 5 very special and amazing kids.

1982 first trip to WDW
    1982-2009 multiple trips.
    Best Trip MAW trip with GKTW and AKL
    NEXT TRIP.. July 13-21, 2009 and Nov.30-Dec 5

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about a loss prevention issue. Unless Disney is really good about estimating how many mugs they need, or they have them made in small (for Disney) batches, they could end up with a lot of useless mugs on 1/1/08. I would think that could cost them more than people not buying mugs....

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to see the resort mugs go. They were a fun part of the stay! We have several from different resorts and they each remind me of that specific vacation.

There are enough people who go numerous times in the same year that they won't be saving that much. Plus, we see so many non Disney mugs in use that I'm not sure the CMs really care.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Message on YOAMD Mug

I had posted this earlier but to respond to the question, I am drinking out of my mug right now at work and the message on the mug reads:
    "Free refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased".

My interpretation of this is that it is good for the entire time you are there during the trip you bought it and can be used at ANY Resort Beverage Islands.

Oh the memories...just a few weeks ago I was in sunny Florida , today, back in cloudy gray NY.

Post Thanks / Like

If it just has the year on it, what's to stop people who visit several times in one year from bringing the same mug back? Or is the honor system like the old resort mugs?
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP