Quantcast NFL Draft - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Who would have thought - the Lions draft yet another WR with their first round pick.
    Well, I think that Calvin Johnson is going to be a lot better than the WR's they drafted in the past. But I'm a little disappointed that the Eagles traded down. But, with the way the draft is going now, it looks like we might get Dwayne Jarrett, and I would not mind that at all.
    Philly Eagles Fan! Red Sox Fan! Celtics Fan!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo - the Panthers trade down to 25 and still get who they wanted at 14! He'll be insurance for Dan Morgan's uncertainty.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I can't be too disappointed that we didn't get Darrelle since an interview with Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin revealed that they were looking at Lawrence Timmons all along.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was better to go LB in the first round for the Steelers, because they are going to need a tough guy who plays physical like Porter, and Porter is who they are replacing here.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Kolb? Why in the World would the Eagles use their best pick on him? I mean, Dwayne Jarrett is on the board, and Jarrett would be a welcome addition to Mcnabb. If you want to go QB, we have about 5 better QB's than Kolb. Also, why would we have signed a back-up QB if we were going to draft one? Bad decision, but I'm getting used to it. Who knows what Andy Reid will do next...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofhook View Post
    Well, I think that Calvin Johnson is going to be a lot better than the WR's they drafted in the past. .
    I agree. It's just the idea of using your first pick on a WR in 4 of the last 5 drafts. Not a great track record for the Lions.

The Eagle pick was a shocker. I don't care what Reid said to McNabb - he's got to be wondering about his future.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of Jamarcus Russell and have watched him for 3 years. I think he has really matured and he is incredible and it's a joy to watch him play.
    One man can't make a team and I hope that the raiders have the right management and talent to make it work. I just don't bother to cheer for anyone, NFL, but the Saints but this will make the Raiders very interesting. I've watched a lot of LSU QB's come and go and he's the only one I'd love to keep watching.
    Jamarcus is a quality athlete and his morals and civic contributions are as impressive as his arm.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

As a Browns fan, I am disappointed that they traded all that for Quinn. I just don't see him being that good. Of course, I hope I eat my words
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    As a Browns fan, I am disappointed that they traded all that for Quinn. I just don't see him being that good. Of course, I hope I eat my words
    Well, Donald A, as a Steeler fan, I hope he's not that good too - and I don't want you to have to eat your words! LaMarr Woodley in the second round - sweet! Guess we have a defensive focus this draft although I think we could use another WR with good hands and some speed and flexibility to replace what we lost in Randle El a year ago. I'm curious as to where QB Tyler Palko will go - he's another local boy from Aliquippa and Pitt.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I'm suprised that on the first day of the draft, the Eagles have not filled their holes at CB or S yet. They could also use another play-making WR like Stallworth, who we lost in free agency. But the Eagles should not have passed on Dwayne Jarrett, then the Eagles could have two play-making WR's in Brown and Jarrett. Not filling the holes in the secondary is going to be a big problem for the Eagles.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, forgot to finish that last part in the previous post. What I meant was we only have three CB's and three S's on the roster.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Donald A, as a Steeler fan, I hope he's not that good too - and I don't want you to have to eat your words! LaMarr Woodley in the second round - sweet! Guess we have a defensive focus this draft although I think we could use another WR with good hands and some speed and flexibility to replace what we lost in Randle El a year ago. I'm curious as to where QB Tyler Palko will go - he's another local boy from Aliquippa and Pitt.
    Kathy, I am married to a diehard Steelers fan. Twice a year it is no fun in our home. Steelers at Browns open the regular season this fall. I always begin with such excitement and it usually doesn't take too long to be disappointed. This is what being a Cleveland sports fan is all about. At least I crossed over to the other side to root for the Penguins. Mr. Cleveland boy was at the igloo last month rooting on Sidney Crosby and all the other guys. I guess it just shows I love my wife.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the Packers picks were a bit disappointing.

Everyone thought they would take Lynch but Buffalo grabbed him at 12. With the 16th pick they end up taking Justin Harrell who in most mock drafts wasn't even projected in the first round. With 4 other interior defensive linemen on the roster a real head scatcher.

The 2nd & 3rd round picks were both big reachs with both being forecasted as 3-4th round picks at best.

I'm not a GM and Ted Thomspson has always done a good job so I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Kolb? Why in the World would the Eagles use their best pick on him? I mean, Dwayne Jarrett is on the board, and Jarrett would be a welcome addition to Mcnabb. If you want to go QB, we have about 5 better QB's than Kolb. Also, why would we have signed a back-up QB if we were going to draft one? Bad decision, but I'm getting used to it. Who knows what Andy Reid will do next...
    A few years back no one undersood why the Eagles wasted their first pick on McNabb. I dont know much about Kevin Kolb but I do know the Eagles also picked CJ Gaddis out of Clemson who was a very good defensive player. You truly never know how good or bad one will be out of college.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I agree. It's just the idea of using your first pick on a WR in 4 of the last 5 drafts. Not a great track record for the Lions.

The Eagle pick was a shocker. I don't care what Reid said to McNabb - he's got to be wondering about his future.
    I like McNabb but over the past few years its been pretty evident that the Eagles need a really good back up. My opinion, Garcia out played McNabb last year.
    Up Next

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimenyfan View Post
    I like McNabb but over the past few years its been pretty evident that the Eagles need a really good back up. My opinion, Garcia out played McNabb last year.
    Well, in my opinion McNabb is a better QB on the stat sheet. The problem with him is he usual does not like to run the ball, just bomb it down field. He did start to not pass as much as the 05 season, but he could still throw a little less. Garcia plays smart and mixes the plays up, which you could clearly see made the Eagles win more. If I was asked, I think I would have Garcia over McNabb.

Post Thanks / Like

I think McNabb is a great running QB but he has been running less and less over the years. Im anxious to see how the Eagles make out with there draft picks. They have been my team for as long as I can remember. I dont find many Eagles fans here is south carolina.
    Up Next

Post Thanks / Like

Well, in my opinion McNabb is a better QB on the stat sheet. The problem with him is he usual does not like to run the ball, just bomb it down field. He did start to not pass as much as the 05 season, but he could still throw a little less. Garcia plays smart and mixes the plays up, which you could clearly see made the Eagles win more. If I was asked, I think I would have Garcia over McNabb.
    the pass/run ratio had less to do witht he quarterbacks and more to do with the fact that mornihnweg was calling the offense instead of reid. marty will be making the calls again this year on offense so donovan should benefit greatly from the more balanced attack.

i think the only pick the eagles made that will make the 53 man is Hunt at RB, maybe cj gaddis . everyone else should be practice squad unless they cut holcolm.
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: