Quantcast Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique To Open Additional Location in Magic Kingdom Park - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

This was one of my favourite shops too.

I can understand the logic of being made a Princess in the castle but I wish they had found somewhere on the Cinderellas Royal Table side rather than take this shop away. I guess they think they will make more money making Princesses than selling nice stuff.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Though I'll miss the medieval shop (I'm a reenactor) I must say that this change may resolve a HUGE scheduling glitch in our coming trip. I'm glad that I don't have to find time to fit in DTD now.
    ~ Kristen
    Disneyland - '78,'92,'93,'94,'95,'98
    Walt Disney World - '72,'73,'75,'76,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'83,'84,
    '85,'86,'87,'88,'89,'91,'96, '02, '05

Polynesian Resort with my Family & BFF, Dec '07!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am torn on this one. I agree that it is a smart move on Disney's part. BUT i am sad to see another unique store go. I am starting to dislike having every store sell the same thing...especially on Main St. It sortof loses that "Main St." feel when it is basically one big store.
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand wanting to put BBB in the Castle. However, moving the one very unique store out is not a solution. There are enough of the cookie-cutter stores that could have been remodeled to accommodate this need.

I know BB is a good draw and another way to bring in large amounts of money. Looking and dreaming of having one of those expensive pieces of memorabilia is soon to be gone.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

TiggerRPh Guest

While I see how this location would be super cool and I also see the need to have a second location....and to have it in MK would be super convenient....I am not crazy about the location from a traffic flow standpoint.

It's already hard to get through the tunnel on busy days....the old "funnel effect". Add spillage from CRT and it's worse. This is just going to make a already bad traffic area worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone sure is being nice on this thread.

Allow me to tell you how I feel about this.

I HATE HATE HATE this idea! I agree with everyone who said here is one truly unique, almost original store that is GOING AWAY. What a SHAME!!! Almost every store at WDW used to strive to be unique. Then, some marketing bimbo decided to put the same (as someone said) "cookie-cutter" garbage in nearly every single shop. I mean, honestly, it makes me NOT want to shop AT ALL.

Anyone remember the Magic Store on Main Street? Anyone remember the Antique Store in Liberty Square? Anyone remember how truly charming and unique The Briar Patch used to be?

Now, I understand it is all about marketing and the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. My gosh, we've got to make a BUCK. Who cares if all the charm, themeing, and uniqueness goes completely out the proverbial window? Who cares? (Well, I do, but...). No one cares because honestly, 90% of the people ARE BUYING THE COOKIE CUTTER GARBAGE instead of the unique merchandise.

It angers me. Period.

It's like the people who ask "Why did they take away the original Figment ride?" The answer "Because no one was riding it." The question comes "Why are they taking out the unique shops?" Answer: "People prefer cookie-cutter garbage."

Pitiful.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to add something. I am reading that alot of people liked to "look" in this store. Did anyone ever buy any of these "unique" items. I agree that it is a very grown up kind of store. But alot of the items are not unique, they can be found at the other Art of Disney stores in the other parks and DTD. Frankily who is going to go to MK to buy a sword for a couple grand? I took a good long look on my last trip in this store and didn't see anything that I hadn't already seen in the other Art stores. Hence the name "gallery" The crystal, wdcc figures, art prints etc are all available elsewhere.
    I will say that I too am tired of all the cookie cutter stuff. I mean look at the Villains store in the Studios. It is almost all Pirates and Jack Skellington. Same goes for the Tails store in DTD it has been reduced to a couple racks of stuff. It would be better if they had a more diverse selection of characters as well. I can never find any Jessica Rabbit stuff or Chip & Dale things other then pins and plush. Anyways good move on Disney's part putting this store here. Maybe they will have a separate waiting area behind the Castle to avoid conjestion?
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not thrilled with this. Thank you intercotees for being so like-minded. I really loved this store and so does my husband. I thought it was the coolest store ever as a child and I always make a point to visit on every trip. Its my favorite place to hide during a rainstorm. There is alwasy so many neat things to look at and dream about, and then I can go out the door and look at the mosaics. Its going to be tough to even get at the mosaics now, and that is one of my favorite parts of the MK.
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
    I mean look at the Villains store in the Studios. It is almost all Pirates and Jack Skellington.
    I was shocked when I discovered that during my last trip! That store used to be really cool and now they're carrying the same tired pirate merchandise as all the other stores everywhere else on property.

ANother place they ruined was frontierland shopping. They used to have a neat store that sold Old West and frontier merchandise... coonskin caps, Native American inspired jewelry, etc. Now they've turned it into YET ANOTHER pin store.

I guess some people must be buying all that junk, though.
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

In a last minute decision, they have decided to change the name to:

"Biddidi Bobbidi Botoxidi"
    (It's *never* too early to start, ladies.)

(Just kidding.... )
    "It's the circle of life... and it moves us all..."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually very excited about this because I would LOVE to take my DD to the BBB when she's old enough to enjoy it. I will miss the old shop though - I absolutely agree that Disney merchandise has gone completely downhill. I hardly ever buy anything in the park anymore because none of it appeals to me. It's the same everywhere and nothing is unique.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Like it or not, it is what sells that matters.
    It reminds me of people who say "i miss that old 'insert nostalgic store'. question: did you ever buy anything there? Answer: no.
    well no wonder it is gone".
    If you want interesting stores, try telling the corporate bigwigs. If they put them in use them or lose them.
    I go to a local pharmacy, not a giant retail store. If I want the hardware store around the corner to stay in business, I shop there before going to home depot. Its where we do buisness that matters.
    same old story.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't they just put in the BBB next door to the Main Street Barber Shop? I mean, seriously??? Why didn't they do this INSTEAD of relocating the merchandise in that store to another area on Main Street. Why not just open the BBB ON Main Street?

I am SO glad I don't have daughters. I really can't believe that this has become a "must do" thing for little girls. Talk about teaching little girls all about vanity...

And for the record, I don't want my boys to WANT to be pirates either. I can't think of a WORSE role model for a boy. Pillaging, stealing and killing. No thank you! Disney needs to re evaluate their marketing to the youth of this country.

I understand all about making money, but the pirates and princess thing is something I will NEVER be on board with. I wish they'd go back to "real" imagination...elephants flying, pixie dust, Neverland, and stories that teach valuable lessons.
    Last edited by Figment!; 04-27-2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: .
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We are so excited to hear the bbb is now at Magic Kingdom. I found the ddd location cute- but not practical for the reasoning behind dressing the part- and playing the part .
    The parks offering the dress up is truely more magical and practical for the little ones. To walk about a shopping center decked out is one thing- but to be a princess at Magic Kingdom- in the castle itself is a real childs dream come true. The prices are fairly decent compared to at home local birthday party dress up shoppes.
    This is Disney and for a mall store dress up party it is $40 a person- and it isnt as cool as being at Disney. Disney made a smart choice- and least by our standards with a toddler. Yes, I do think traffic will be an issue- though isnt it always anyway at disney parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!! Made reservations this morning for DD in Sept.!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a bummer, too. Although, it's brilliant marketing....again...on Disney's part. What better place to have the boutique than the place where a princess lives?!
    I remember when Main Street sold a ton of non-Disney stuff. I'd love to go to the "toy" section in the Emporium and get die-cast cars. And I loved the magic shop and the sports memorabilia store. Oh, well. Everything is Disney, now.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyBand1 View Post
    I think it's a bummer, too. Although, it's brilliant marketing....again...on Disney's part. What better place to have the boutique than the place where a princess lives?!
    I remember when Main Street sold a ton of non-Disney stuff. I'd love to go to the "toy" section in the Emporium and get die-cast cars. And I loved the magic shop and the sports memorabilia store. Oh, well. Everything is Disney, now.
    Well it is Disney World. You can buy the other stuff anywhere. I do wish they would get back to quality for all the things they sell!
    That said, I'm excited about the boutique!! It opens earlier and now little girls going to My Princess Tea Party will be able to have their hair done!!! Made ressies for DD and can't wait!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site