Ok. This may be a REALLY dumb question, but I have to ask.

Is it possible to do all of the stuff in Disneyland and California Adventure that's not at WDW in a day in July?

We love WDW and have been many times (see signature) but we always go off season. This summer is my son's last in the family before he goes off to college, so we're doing something different. We're doing a National Parks tour of the southwest. As a result we'll end up near LA July 4th week.

I have NO desire to do everything at Disneyland in July. However, if it were doable with a 1 day park hopper to only do the things that were different from WDW attractions, we might be there at park opening and try to do the mad dash. Is this even reasonable? (I haven't been to DL since 1983, and the rest of the family has never been.)

Let me add, we did WDW in April of 1997 (spring break) and HATED Magic Kingdom! We had strollers running over our feet, kids screaming, and lines over 2 hours long in the Florida heat. It was a waste of money and time. I'm betting this would be too, but I have to ask because my kids are (my fault) Disney addicts!

Thanks all,