Quantcast Oh NO Please Help!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Oh NO Please Help!

I called back DVC member services on April 12th because the points had finally come out. I spoke to a CM named Rachel and she told me that Our cruise was going to be 514 points so we would only be borrowing 14 points from 2008.This would leave me with 336 points in 2008. I was going to borrow those for a surprise trip in November. Well after just looking on DVC's website the points for the cruise now say 656. No even called me about this change Now that means we won't have enough for November. This just doesn't seem good customer service to me. I have not received a response as of yet-Suggestions
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering you have Rachels name, I would just call back and see if you can get a better explanation of what happened. Maybe you're just looking at a different category from what she quoted or something.

Why would you have expected them to call you about the increase in points (if that's what happened)? Is tracking points and notifying members a service they provide? I'm not familiar with DVC, so I don't know exactly how that works. I guess at this point, you'll have to wait until someone is in the office tomorrow. Please let us know what you find out.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry! That stinks! Where do you see the 2008 DCL points on the website? I just looked and all I see are 2007.

DCL called us to let us know the points were out and the same happened to us only it worked out in our favor. We are cruising in February and they bumped our cruise date down into "value season". In 2007 the same cruise was 344 points per person (first 2 in the stateroom) for a cat 4. For 2008 it is 274 points per person! The only difference is that the 2007 cruise sailed on 2/10 and the 2008 cruise sails on 2/9. I guess DVC did some reconfiguring of points for the cruise. Since I cannot see the points online I sure hope this is right! DH must have questioned the poor guy 5 times to be sure we were talking about the same cruise! LOL!

Tammi -
    When I called to reserve the cruise I was told that the points could be different and that since we were looking at the 2007 points there were no guarantees. With DVC they let you "reserve" the cruise with no money down. When the points for that year come in they call you and then you can decide if you want to book at that time.

I think that DVC needs to get their DCL points out sooner. I was very surprised that in March we still did not have 2008 points.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
    Tammi -
    When I called to reserve the cruise I was told that the points could be different and that since we were looking at the 2007 points there were no guarantees. With DVC they let you "reserve" the cruise with no money down. When the points for that year come in they call you and then you can decide if you want to book at that time.
    Thanks for the explanation Lisa. That's a nice benefit to DVC members then, to sort of pre-reserve and then get notified when the points come out. I wonder what went wrong with Amanda's quote then, as it appears she did speak to someone when the points schedule was released. Perhaps it was something to your experience with the same date being bumped to value season, only her's was changed to a peak or holiday instead (maybe due to Thanksgiving?).

Hopefully she can get it straightened out with them today. Glad you got good news on your cruise! I probably would have reacted the same way as your husband though and have them keep checking that we were still talking about the same dates .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Lisa. That's a nice benefit to DVC members then, to sort of pre-reserve and then get notified when the points come out. I wonder what went wrong with Amanda's quote then, as it appears she did speak to someone when the points schedule was released. Perhaps it was something to your experience with the same date being bumped to value season, only her's was changed to a peak or holiday instead (maybe due to Thanksgiving?).

Hopefully she can get it straightened out with them today. Glad you got good news on your cruise! I probably would have reacted the same way as your husband though and have them keep checking that we were still talking about the same dates .
    After reading Amanda's post again I am wondering if actually she lucked out as we did. I am wondering if she is actually looking at the 2007 dates and these are higher. I looked again and do not see the 2008 DCL points out again.

Amanda - is this possible? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
    After reading Amanda's post again I am wondering if actually she lucked out as we did. I am wondering if she is actually looking at the 2007 dates and these are higher. I looked again and do not see the 2008 DCL points out again.
    That's an excellent point. I did see something posted on another board that the member web site still didn't have the 2008 points chart listed yet (as of this morning). She could possibly be seeing 2007 at the higher rate. I hope you're right and Amanda checks on that today.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: