Quantcast NYC Trading Pins need advice

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question NYC Trading Pins need advice

Hi Everyone! I'm going to WDW for the first time in 15days 11hrs 48mins 5secs. But who's counting right?

Well my family has decided to start trading pins. We live in NYC and have a big selection at the Madison Ave. store of exclusive NYC Disney trading pins. My question is do u think that we should purchase a few of these and trade up at WDW? My kids really want those cuties ones and I was wondering do u think the cast members will be willing to trade for the NYC pins?

Thanks for any advice

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *goofy'sgirls* View Post
    Hi Everyone! I'm going to WDW for the first time in 15days 11hrs 48mins 5secs. But who's counting right?

Well my family has decided to start trading pins. We live in NYC and have a big selection at the Madison Ave. store of exclusive NYC Disney trading pins. My question is do u think that we should purchase a few of these and trade up at WDW? My kids really want those cuties ones and I was wondering do u think the cast members will be willing to trade for the NYC pins?

Thanks for any advice
    I think the general guideline for trading is that you pick what you want from the CM and then you pick which one of your to give the CM. It must be an authentic Disney pin, and it can't be one that the CM already has, and you can't break up a set. DD's experience was the CM asked her to pick one of her pins to trade, they didn't care which one they got.

So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to trade your NYC Disney pins, if you wanted!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We also live in New York and have for the past few years visited the World of Disney on 5th Ave prior to our trips to Disney World. We purchase pins that we like as well as ones that the kids eventually trade at Disney. We have done this numerous times and there has never been a problem with trading those pins with Cast Members. As one other poster mentioned the pins can't be the same as what the cast member has or they might not trade.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default in ny too

I think you could buy the pin trading starter kits at the store on 5th, it has like 4 or 5 of the cheaper pins and a lanyard , usually all of the same character and that's a good way to get started, then you go down and start trading them, have a great trip!
    Howard Johnsons 1982
    Guest Quarters 1989
    Guest Quarters 1990
    Yacht Club 1995
    Beach club 1997
    Beach Club 1999
    Beach Club 2002
    Beach Club 2005 May
    Beach Club 2005 Sept
    Beach Club 2006 Oct
    Yacht Club 2007 May
    Boardwalk Inn 2008 May

Yacht Club April 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the folks (not CMs)who don't live in the Northeast may also be interested in trading for NYC pins. If they are not too expensive, I would pick up a few to trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Also for you guys in the NYC area, the store hosts a monthly pin meet on the first Sat of the month. Due to the Pirate event this month, they moved the meet from the June 2 to May 25. The meets will move back to the first Sat in July.

There are usually a bunch of people pin trading, the store makes a BIG pin trading board to trade from and all the cast members wear lanyards.

Also, the cast members at the store are some of the best I have encountered!! They are always so friendly!!
    ~Kellybean

Some Days Look Better Upside Down!

Pinpics ID: Kmann728

Post Thanks / Like

Kellybean! Glad you finally took my advice and dropped by these lovely boards .

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Kellybean: What time are the pin trading events at the NYC store? We may be up that way this summer and may take advantage of this event. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Jen! HUGS!! Thanks for leading me to such a great community!!!

vamaggie, the meets start at 10am when the store opens. Also, if you are feeling really ambitious, after the WOD meet in July, you can always hit the Central Jersey Pin Traders Meet which starts at 1pm. These pin traders are a amazing group of people who warmly welcome new traders!!

Yes, I am that obsessed with pin trading that I try to hit every meet I can!! LOL
    ~Kellybean

Some Days Look Better Upside Down!

Pinpics ID: Kmann728

Post Thanks / Like

I always buy a bunch of pins for trade on ebay before I go. You can get some good deals, and I have not had any trouble trading them.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: