Quantcast Just Questions...Cinco de Hold the Mayo - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate Starbucks. Grande, Tall,,,what the heck is that about? Why can't I just ask for a small, medium, or large BURNT coffee?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Hate Starbucks. Grande, Tall,,,what the heck is that about? Why can't I just ask for a small, medium, or large BURNT coffee?
    Exactly! They make you feel like an idiot b/c you can't order a cup of coffee in an essay format!
    I used to try to make coffee at home. TRY being the key word! Theirs tastes like HEAVEN compared to mine! Theirs may be burnt, but mine was CHARRED!
    What to do???
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I used to try to make coffee at home. TRY being the key word!
    What to do???
    Have your DH make it, like I do!! I make the WORST coffee, and I LOVE the stuff... my DH doesn't even like it, but his is great!! Go figure...

I haven't been to a Starbucks in ages - I usually get my Starbucks fix @ Barnes & Noble - but I totally agree w/ you... every coffee place has their own fancy name for everything, and God forbid you don't describe it right! My favorite?? I went to DD to get a "mocha latte, no whipped cream" and ended up with half a cup full... when I asked where the rest of the latte was, the girl said, "You said no whipped cream!" I think I just stared at her for a moment before I realized she really thought that meant she shouldn't fill the cup the rest of the way, where the whipped cream would have been!!

Anybody tried the new chai lattes out there?
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I like to go to a place where the waitress calls me 'hon'. A place where the dames look good because the haze from the smoke-filled room has a softening effect. A place where I can get a good cuppa Joe straight up, maybe a little sweet like the dark-haired dish at my elbow.

I was in one of those places one dark and stormy night when the wall phone rang. The bartender said it was for me...

I'm sorry, did somebody mention coffee? I guess I was dozing. Why do I have a sudden urge to go to Casablanca?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, was that an excerpt from your book?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I like a nice simple black coffee as I don't like milk. It amuses me that in Starbucks you have to ask for an Americana to get that (basicly a watered down espresso). Do they call it that over there? Or do they call it that because the europeans think the americans drink weak coffee? My dh makes wonderful coffee or at least our coffee maker does after he has put everything together!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    ....A place where I can get a good cuppa Joe straight up, maybe a little sweet like the dark-haired dish at my elbow.
    The dark-haired dish at your elbow? What kind of places do you eat at anyway? You must be wary of those "daily" specials.

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    I like a nice simple black coffee as I don't like milk. It amuses me that in Starbucks you have to ask for an Americana to get that (basicly a watered down espresso). Do they call it that over there? Or do they call it that because the europeans think the americans drink weak coffee? My dh makes wonderful coffee or at least our coffee maker does after he has put everything together!
    My cousin from Italy calls the coffee over here, "dirty water".
    Alex

11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Ken, was that an excerpt from your book?
    That was my lame parody of old movies in an attempt to say I like plain coffee with sugar. Don't we have some 'Casablanca' fans here?

Anybody want advance tickets to our next show? I'm playing the 70-something washed out British actor who's playing a has-been burglar.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

The dark-haired dish at your elbow? What kind of places do you eat at anyway? You must be wary of those "daily" specials.
    You haven't eaten at a DDDD (Drummerboy Discount Deluxe Diner) yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody want advance tickets to our next show? I'm playing the 70-something washed out British actor who's playing a has-been burglar.
    So I guess the only thing that you have to act out is the British part?
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Do I need to appoint a monitor? (Put your hand down Jennifer, appointments will not be made on a "pick me, pick me" basis.)
    Ken, have you made a decision yet? My arm is killing me !

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    So when a repair company tells you that you have an appointment for repair (the treadmill) between 2:00 and 6:00, they mean 5:55, right?
    Yes. And when the air conditioner install team tells you they will be at your home on Wednesday afternoon between 1 and 5, it means 11:30 when you are still at school with your children, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Theirs tastes like HEAVEN compared to mine! Theirs may be burnt, but mine was CHARRED!
    What to do???
    I am laughing....'cause I can't make coffee to save my soul... I can cook or bake anything you desire, just don't ask for a coffee to go with it... Oh, and I really like Starbucks strong coffee's....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Have your DH make it, like I do!!
    This is my strategy too Blythe....
    My cousin from Italy calls the coffee over here, "dirty water".
    No offense intended, but so do we Canadians..... We aren't too crazy about the U.S. coffee...this is why we are secretly infiltrating the market (from the Northeast) with our Timmies.....

What's on tap for the day folks? I had to take Euan for a hearing test yesterday afternoon -- His hearing is perfect, just selective.... Here we go again!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

You haven't eaten at a DDDD (Drummerboy Discount Deluxe Diner) yet?

Not too sure I want to, if you serve off "dark-haired dishes" with your elbows...

What's everybody up to today?? The IRS dropped my tax $$ into my account overnight, so I'm just sitting back and feeling rich... hey, a woman can dream, right? Now, where'd those bills go??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

No offense intended, but so do we Canadians..... We aren't too crazy about the U.S. coffee...this is why we are secretly infiltrating the market (from the Northeast) with our Timmies.....
    I won't even tell you what my dad used to call American coffee (and he was American... ) What are Timmies??
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    What's on tap for the day folks? I had to take Euan for a hearing test yesterday afternoon -- His hearing is perfect, just selective.... Here we go again!
    That is hysterical! Do you think science can go ahead and determine that that is a typical attribute of the male chromosome???

Not too much on tap for me today. I am hunkering down at home...we are due for STRONG storms, so I made sure to get all my errands done yesterday!

They are having a memorial at DD's school today for the teacher who died two weeks ago (you may have seen that on another post of mine...very sad). I find it odd that it is restricted to students and faculty only.

DH is going to a ceremony after work. His friend from high school is being sworn in as a federal judge today. I find this a teeny bit scary somehow, having heard many stories about him from high school

Then it's off to bed early as we have to be on the fields at 7am. I will DEFINITELY have to go to Starbuck's tomorrow...
    I will have to rehearse and practice ordering my coffee short story!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Size, Syrup, type of milk ... (this is according to my barista Eva)
    I just ordered a Grande Cinnamon Dolce Non-Fat ---- and man it is good!
    I won't even tell you what my dad used to call American coffee (and he was American... ) What are Timmies??
    Timmies is slang for Tim Horton's .... a donut chain discussed ad nauseum in other threads .... They are prolific throughout Ontario anyway (there are 5 in my town alone -- I can easily get to 4 from my office..... Everyone goes to Timmies and often order a "double-double"... Does this help?
    That is hysterical! Do you think science can go ahead and determine that that is a typical attribute of the male chromosome???
    I'm glad you said it and not me!
    .......I will DEFINITELY have to go to Starbuck's tomorrow...I will have to rehearse and practice ordering my coffee short story!
    Please see my instructions to Alex above....

Post Thanks / Like

(huffing and puffing...) WHEW! Sorry I'm late... I missed the flight here... and since I'm pretty much poor this month I had to run to get here. Now I'm too tired to talk, so I think I'll just sit down and listen to all of you chatting.

Anyone got a Hot Apple Cider from Starbucks I can have?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=cantgetenuff;1255773Then it's off to bed early as we have to be on the fields at 7am. I will DEFINITELY have to go to Starbuck's tomorrow...
    I will have to rehearse and practice ordering my coffee short story! [/QUOTE] Christine have you tried going to Starbucks website? they have a "how to order" page...But essentially what you want is a (insert size here), nonfat, no whip, mocha shot latte. Say it fast and say it firmly (like to a 3 year old say who's hopped up on sugar)...practice best snooty look if you feel it's helpful and raise one eyebrow if you can. (this works best with cell phone on one ear and a negligent shrug to the people with you that clearly expresses one does this all the time and yet the barista's are so sloooow here). However if it's one your going to be in all the time...just smile broadly go slowly and tell them you'll be back more often if they can help you figure this out. (Personally in full banker gear they never roll their eyes...in weekend wear they often do. Maybe I need more expensive jeans?)

Timmies refers to Tim Hortons coffee chain...an obscure hockey player for some lackluster team or other. Since taken over the market in Canada for coffee...kinda like Dunkin Donuts really.
    What's everybody up to today?? The IRS dropped my tax $$ into my account overnight, so I'm just sitting back and feeling rich... hey, a woman can dream, right? Now, where'd those bills go??
    Now that's a nice feeling isn't it?

Not much thank goodness this week has been crazy!!

So it's based on Frankie?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Not too much on tap for me today. I am hunkering down at home...we are due for STRONG storms, so I made sure to get all my errands done yesterday!
    Hi Christine! Make sure you hold down your house today - wouldn't want you to end up in the Land of Oz!!

Have you heard when your surgery is going to be yet? How are you feeling?

Timmies is slang for Tim Horton's .... a donut chain discussed ad nauseum in other threads .... They are prolific throughout Ontario anyway (there are 5 in my town alone -- I can easily get to 4 from my office..... Everyone goes to Timmies and often order a "double-double"... Does this help?
    I should have realized... we used to hit one on the QEW or 401 on our way to Michigan to visit my DH's sister & her family. They have some seriously good glazed donuts!!

That Grande Cinnamon Dolce sounds great - want to send some down my way??
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Timmies refers to Tim Hortons coffee chain...an obscure hockey player for some lackluster team or other.
    I'm telling!!!! Ken! Ken!! Nat is instigating a riot!!!!! Ken! Is anyone out there who can ref this???

Post Thanks / Like

So I guess the only thing that you have to act out is the British part?
    And I have to do two different British accents. The rest is a piece of cake, just act like Frankie. (See quote from Nat's post, below.)

Ken, have you made a decision yet? My arm is killing me !
    Didn't I tell you I already picked...

[Don't you just hate those dropped calls?]

Not too sure I want to, if you serve off "dark-haired dishes" with your elbows...
    Mom always said to keep my elbows off the table, so I started putting them on the dishes instead.

I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I wasn't listening.

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    So it's based on Frankie?
    Loosely.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: