Quantcast Again with Barry Bonds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Again with Barry Bonds

How can you be chasing a record and not care if the current record holder is at the game. I applaud Hank Aaron for staying away from the game by the way. Barry let's face it you are a disgrace to Baseball and don't deserve the record.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree, Jeff. I wish this guy would just disappear. I never liked his attitude towards the game and the way he treated people, even before I read Game of Shadows.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Hank Aaron is a gentleman, and I'm glad he won't make an effort to be present if/when Bonds breaks the record. I've never liked Bonds' attitude, and it upsets me that someone like him could be passing Hank.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, Babe Ruth wasn't at the game when Aaron broke his record.

Seriously, I don't think it's a big deal. You can't expect Aaron or even Selig to follow around the Giants. What if he sits on 755 for two months?

That being said, I hope he doesn't break it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Bonds is a disgrace, as are the Giants for giving him a new contract.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...Bonds is a joke. If he didn't do anything, he would just say "I didn't do anything, test me". He hasn't said that, so even if he IS clean, he's an idiot.

That said, I don't think Selig is doing this right (that'd be a first, right). After all, Bud Selig was present for the Yankees playoffs games last year, even after Giambi and Sheffield were all but convicted of steroid issues. If he were true to his principles (once he figures out what they are), he would have either dismissed himself from Yankees games, or promised to attend Giants games.

Just my .02. By the way, my opinion is that Bud Selig is JUST AS GUILTY (if not more so) as Barry and Rafael Palmeiro.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    Just my .02. By the way, my opinion is that Bud Selig is JUST AS GUILTY (if not more so) as Barry and Rafael Palmeiro.
    I am no Selig fan, either. I've heard so many people talk about all the things he's done for the game - huh? I just don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all I'm not defending Barry Bonds. If you can't throw Sid Bream out at the plate from deep shortstop you need the juice.

Think back 10 years or so and you have the strike. Fans disenchanted about losing the World Series. Come on, how can you still be a Commissioner after you give away the end of the year. What was agreed on was basically what was proposed back the previous year.

So that leads us to how do we get fans back to the games. Forget low scoring games fans want the long ball, Homeruns, etc. Mark McGuire, w/ andro hits a bunch then Sammy juices, don't forget him, and then the dam breaks and you have guys like Brady Anderson, Rafael Palmeiro, Luis Gonzalez, hitting 50+ homers a year. Barry just took the next step and hit 70. Baseball hid its face in the sand for 5-7 years when all this was going on and did nothing. That's on Bud Selig's hands.

So now when Barry is approaching Hank Aaron's mark, Bud gets all high and mighty. Wrong. You made your bed, now lie in it. If ever there was an asterisk* needed it is now. What the last 10 years did to the game of baseball and it's record books....

Do I want Barry to get the record? NO. I hope he's too injured and and physically unable to hit even 1 more homerun. However, his legacy will live on.

That's my I'll get off my now.

Thanks for the rant.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what sports is all about. You have thugs in every major professional sport. Pro sports run the world. We have taxes dollars paid for new stadiums by people who will never even attend a game. Barry Bonds is a selfish thug and just one small part of a sports world that needs a reality check.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

i think he should have all his home runs taken from him, as should sosa, mac, palmiero, et al.

How can we prove which were legitimate and which weren't?

Also, doesn't it seem funny that since the BALCO scandal all the big home run hitters are gone and all the big home run numbers went away? Coincidence? Yeah right...
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Question! Wasn't it pratically confirmed that Bonds took steroids? Or am I thinking of something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan369 View Post
    Question! Wasn't it pratically confirmed that Bonds took steroids? Or am I thinking of something else?
    you are correct. his "doctor" who gave him the roids admitted to it, and several players admit to seeing him use and posess them. unfortunately, his 5th ammendment rights protect him.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    you are correct. his "doctor" who gave him the roids admitted to it, and several players admit to seeing him use and posess them. unfortunately, his 5th ammendment rights protect him.
    That is absolutely stupid! What a jerk.

Post Thanks / Like

Barroid Bonds is a joke.

He needs to break the record, retire, and never speak again - just like McGwire.

The record will get broken, but it will always be Hank Aarons - he was a true gentleman and a great ball player.

He is a joke, and will always be a joke.
    Been There, Done That - GOIN BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

I think they should put his pharmacist's name on the record with him. It should be in the books as: "Bonds/Dr. Smith - 780 HR's."

Same with Mac, Sosa, Raf, etc.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

I think my favorite story is Jason Giambi.
    He apologizes, but doesnt say what for. Of course, he is with the Yankees - they are a perfect match.
    Been There, Done That - GOIN BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    i think he should have all his home runs taken from him, as should sosa, mac, palmiero, et al.
    This cannot, nor should it, happen (with the possible exception of Palmiero.) Prior to 2003, MLB had no policy regarding steroids. None. There is no way you can punish a player for doing something that was not against the rules. I have read the new rules regarding steroids and even now, all that is addressed is testing and suspensions (50 games for 1st offense, 100 for 2nd, lifetime for 3rd.) Even now there is no provision in the rules to take away statistics from cheaters. Should there be? Absolutely IMO. But only for anyone caught since 2003, (Palmiero) and only for any stats achieved since 2003. I’m sorry, but there is just no way that MLB, which did nothing when they knew it was going on, can take away records and stats when there was no rule saying they couldn’t do steroids.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    This cannot, nor should it, happen (with the possible exception of Palmiero.) Prior to 2003, MLB had no policy regarding steroids. None. There is no way you can punish a player for doing something that was not against the rules. I have read the new rules regarding steroids and even now, all that is addressed is testing and suspensions (50 games for 1st offense, 100 for 2nd, lifetime for 3rd.) Even now there is no provision in the rules to take away statistics from cheaters. Should there be? Absolutely IMO. But only for anyone caught since 2003, (Palmiero) and only for any stats achieved since 2003. I’m sorry, but there is just no way that MLB, which did nothing when they knew it was going on, can take away records and stats when there was no rule saying they couldn’t do steroids.
    I disagree. Whether or not MLB had an official rule about steriod use or not is not the issue. They knew they were cheating and it was wrong. It was illegal drug use. If they did it out in the open and said "Hey, I'm on roids because it's legal and my doctor prescribed them" then I would agree with you. They didn't. Give them the dreaded asterisk and let them skulk in the shadows of legitimacy like Rose...

Just my ...
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    Whether or not MLB had an official rule about steriod use or not is not the issue. They knew they were cheating and it was wrong.
    But how could they be cheating if there was no rule?

It was illegal drug use.
    Many players have admitted / been accused of using illegal drugs in the past and none of their stats were taken away.

Give them the dreaded asterisk and let them skulk in the shadows of legitimacy like Rose...
    I think this statement actually proves my point. Rose does not have an “asterisk”, he owns the hit record. He is banned because he broke a written rule.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

But how could they be cheating if there was no rule?
    It was an implied rule. I'm pretty sure they knew use of illegal performance enhancing drugs was cheating. If not, admit it and I'll agree the stats should stay. Don't admit it (because it was cheating) and get the asterisk.

Many players have admitted / been accused of using illegal drugs in the past and none of their stats were taken away.
    Perfromance enhancing drugs? Nope.

I think this statement actually proves my point. Rose does not have an “asterisk”, he owns the hit record. He is banned because he broke a written rule.
    My Rose statement was about his shunned status not about his records. Bonds will and should be shunned. He already is by Hank and that's good enough for me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: