Quantcast Best Spot to Watch SpectroMagic

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Spot to Watch SpectroMagic

Where is the best place to watch SpectroMagic?

16 days and counting!!!
    hartherd
    April 1996 outside WDW
    June 1997 outside WDW
    April 1999 outside WDW
    June 2004 outside WDW
    December 2004 Wilderness Lodge
    December 2005 outside WDW
    September 2006 Pop Century
    April 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It depends...

We have two spots.

1) The first is if Spectro is before Wishes. We like to get in front of the castle, on the hub, facing the bridge to Liberty Square. The parade turns right there, so you get really good views. Not only that, but you've got prime Wishes spots near by - so as soon as the parade is past you, you can run to be front and center on the castle for Wishes. One downside to this location is that it requires a time investment - 45 minutes to an hour before Spectro during the off-season...

2) If Spectro is after Wishes, we mosey on over to Frontierland. (This is especially good on nights when there's two Spectros.) You can usually pull up a piece of ground 20-30 minutes before parade time and get right on the rope. If there's two Spectros, you can usually get prime viewing spots in this area up until parade time. There's an especially nice brick wall right by the stockades.
    "You're not Mickey Mouse, you're a rat!"
    "Rat, Schmat! Besides, they're tourists! What do they know?"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think I've always seen it somewhere along Main Street. I'm no longer watching it with little ones, so if I have to stand in the bad, that's ok. Although, I usually like to find a spot to sit right on the curb.

In March, we were in the shops on Main Street. With about 20 minutes to go, I just wandered out the door of the store and sat down on the curb, it was a great spot. After all, where better for a parade than right down Main Street.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Every time someone asks a question about Magic Kingdom parades, some people suggest sitting in Frontierland or Liberty Square.

I disagree with that advice.

Parades are designed for Main Street, U.S.A. No other spot accurately portrays the atmosphere or theming of the event.

For SpectroMagic, arrive early and find a seat on the curb.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

While true Main Street is the ideal location to see the parades. I really enjoy watching them from Frontierland as well especially after I have seen them a few times. It's much more relaxing and much easier to get a nice clear view. This is really a to each his own type of thing. Here are MK Parade Preferences.

1. SpectroMagic - Frontierland
    2. Parade of Dreams - Main Street
    3. MVMCP - Main Street
    4. MNSSHP - Main Street/ Froniterland
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

we always watch the parades at City Hall
    Brandie

Past Trip:
    July 2002 offsite at Alan's Grandparents
    Sept 2007 stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, Free Dining (Got Engaged)

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends on how fast you want to get out afterwards. We always watch from main street and then have a great spot for Wishes as well as a quick exit for our little one and I think main street truly captures the magic of MK so we would not watch anywhere else. But I know watching from frontierland is less crowded and not so people deep. All in what you like....
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with FrontierLand. If you grab a spot on the pavement right by the pass through to Adventureland by the bathrooms, you'll have a great view of the parade coming at you as it passes by HoP and LTT. If you want to get pictures of the parade, it's great with an unobstructed view. Then after the parade has passed, you can go back through to Adventureland and head back to the castle area to watch WIshes and you'll only have to wait about 15 mintues before the fireworks to start.

Post Thanks / Like

We usually catch a spot on the upper end of Main Street for the early show, then when the parade finishes, we pivot, move up into the hub and are in a perfect position to enjoy Wishes which is usually only 30-20 min away

Post Thanks / Like

There are many locations that are good for watching Spectro.. If you get there early the best place is to watch it in Main Streety USA, around the train station.. the parade starts on Main Street so you will have plenty of time to go find an awesome spot for Wishes. if you adont have a lot of time before the parade i suggest frontierland because there is usualy a good spot to watch it from there. Wishes best viewing area would be right in the middle of the street inbetween Casey's Corner and the Ice Cream shop you can see everything from there!
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to Watch Spectromagic?

Thanks everyone for your help!
    hartherd
    April 1996 outside WDW
    June 1997 outside WDW
    April 1999 outside WDW
    June 2004 outside WDW
    December 2004 Wilderness Lodge
    December 2005 outside WDW
    September 2006 Pop Century
    April 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuntLaura View Post
    I agree with FrontierLand. If you grab a spot on the pavement right by the pass through to Adventureland by the bathrooms, you'll have a great view of the parade coming at you as it passes by HoP and LTT. If you want to get pictures of the parade, it's great with an unobstructed view. Then after the parade has passed, you can go back through to Adventureland and head back to the castle area to watch WIshes and you'll only have to wait about 15 mintues before the fireworks to start.
    SShhhh! we don't want to give away too many secrets. If you do, your (and in this case mine) tricks for getting the best viewing spots will not work anymore.

I watch all parades from Frontierland. I know 2 spots on the front row that for some reason do not have anyone sitting in them till the parades are coming down the street (and no it is not the area the CMs keep open for people to walk before the parade).
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

We like to watch Specto around liberty square. We watch it by the Christmas shop. There is an area that has a fence like thing that we either leaned up against or sat on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_nut View Post
    Every time someone asks a question about Magic Kingdom parades, some people suggest sitting in Frontierland or Liberty Square.

I disagree with that advice.

Parades are designed for Main Street, U.S.A. No other spot accurately portrays the atmosphere or theming of the event.

For SpectroMagic, arrive early and find a seat on the curb.
    We love to sit on the curb on Main Street also. One of my favorite parts is getting there early and watching the people and the CM who have stuff for kids to do sometimes while waiting for the parade. We go in the off season and find a spot on the curb 1 1/2 to sometimes 2 hours before the parade starts to get a good spot.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best places of all takes time and effort to claim - that is the TRAIN STATION PLATFORM. MAGNIFICENT views - breathtaking! Only draw back - you are little "removed." It is fun to sit on the curb and have the fishes swim up to you and wink. Other than that, EVERYONE should try the Train Station Platform at least ONCE>
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

One more vote for Frontierland. We ususally have an ally who will stake claim to our spot and my job is to do BTMR and or HM. and get back in time to see the Parade. Our spots our usually right towards the end of the route so we get front row seating everytime.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: