Quantcast Favorite purchase from a park?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Favorite purchase from a park?

I am interested to know what your favorite purchase from any of the parks has been, big or small. It really is hard to narrow it down to one, so see if you can pick just one favorite!

I would have to say my personal favorite is the Bamboo incense we discovered at one of the stores in the China pavillion at Epcot. The first time we visited WDW and walked into that store we (DH and I) immediately fell in love with the scent. First trip we bought only one small box and they were used up too quickly once we returned home. Next trip we were sure to buy several boxes and now I conserve them to make sure they last until we can go again. I know it's not a truly "Disneyesque" purchase, but it truly is a scent that takes us back to Epcot and invokes a lot of great memories.

I look forward to hearing about your favorites!
    Grand Floridian 09/01
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 05/04
    Polynesian 09/09 - 10-year Anniversary/DD 3rd Bday
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/13 - 15-year Anniversary/DD 8th Bday

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home...unless you're going to Disney!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Awwwww... Just one??? Okay I guess it'd have to be my oversized Mickey Mouse watch (with the cartoon band). I got it for about $55 at the World of Disney Store and I LOVE wearing it. It's like taking a bit of the magic with me everywhere I go. I just can't wait for someone to ask me what time it is, so I can look at that darn watch! I've had it for two years and it still brings a smile to my face!

FUN POST!!!

PS. If I could pick two items, I'd add my Mickey Mouse pants mug. It makes EVERYTHING taste better!

Post Thanks / Like

Its so hard to narrow it down. I'm an a Stitch pin collector....But, I honestly have to say my favorite purchase from Walt Disney World so far is my Big Stitch Statue ! Everyday I walk by it on my counter it brings a smile to my face... It can literally brighten my mood on those bad days!!!! Brings some magic to my home..... I value every purchase from Disney bc every thing I buy is Stitch related.....

Post Thanks / Like

Iwould say anything with my beloved Goofy on it, but it would be my black back pack with Goofy on it that I got in MK years ago.I use that for alot of things as well as when we go to the world..
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tree of Life

The year AK opened, I purchased a Tree of Life statue. I've been looking for a replacement (wasn't high enough to keep the toddler's fingers away).....
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am assuming that food is out, as I absolutely love the frozen orange juice treats at Sunshine Tree Terrace!

As far as take home souvigners, it would have to be my Cinderella's Castle Photo Frame! It is our tradition of sorts to buy a frame where ever we go so that we can put a picture of us on vacation! My second favorite would be the Castle Frame from Disneyland!
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

On a secondary note, you can order anything you have seen in the parks over the phone when you get home by calling the merchandise hotline which is on every receipt! So your bamboo incense is only a phone call away!
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were in the World for our 5 year wedding anniversary (to take the honeymoon we never got to take.) My husband bought me a snow globe of Cinderella's Castle that plays "A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes." It made him cry when he played it, so he bought it! We've had a lot of dreams over the past years, including making this trip. I think for sentimental reasons, that is my favorite park purchase.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago, I had bought my parents a monorail magnet. When you press a button, you hear 3 monorail sayings - Please stand clear of the doors / por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas / Please hold onto the handrails.

Everytime we walk past the refrigerator, we can't resist pressing the button...
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say the pail with the popcorn in it. Whenever I make popcorn at home i eat it out of the pail. The day we got it had so many happy memories so i think about them when using it.
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

An Alice doll my mom bought me at Tinkerbelle's Treasures-Then Tinkerbelle's Toyshoppe. Its by Effanbee and she has sleepy eyes and her dress is so perfect she even has lace on her pinafore and sky blue ribbon in her hair. I used to sleep with her even though shes a collector doll. Now she's in a case. Same for a Snow White Effabee doll thats from a shop that used to exist in Adventureland that carried collectables and toys I've had her since I was five. So now its a tradition each time I go to Disney to get a doll of some kind.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife bought me a mickey mouse statue that is dressed like a black belt in karate. At the time I had recently started karate and when she gave it to me when we got home it made me realize how much faith she had in me that I would get my black belt. Incidentley I am now a 2nd degree black belt and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Default =)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden's Dad View Post
    My wife bought me a mickey mouse statue that is dressed like a black belt in karate. At the time I had recently started karate and when she gave it to me when we got home it made me realize how much faith she had in me that I would get my black belt. Incidentley I am now a 2nd degree black belt and still going strong.
    What a great gift! I can't wait until my trip!!
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's Pal View Post
    Awwwww... Just one??? Okay I guess it'd have to be my oversized Mickey Mouse watch (with the cartoon band). I got it for about $55 at the World of Disney Store and I LOVE wearing it. It's like taking a bit of the magic with me everywhere I go. I just can't wait for someone to ask me what time it is, so I can look at that darn watch! I've had it for two years and it still brings a smile to my face!

FUN POST!!!

PS. If I could pick two items, I'd add my Mickey Mouse pants mug. It makes EVERYTHING taste better!
    I got a Mickey watch last year that I LOVE also. It has to be one of my all time favorite souvenirs.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures in the 3D frames of my wife and I on both Splash Mountain and The Tower of Terror.

I guess my Donald Duck Hockey Jersey is a close second. My wife hates it though. I wore it to a few AHL hockey games in Cleveland. I had like little kids waving at me. The jersey is loud (bright yellow and blue) but it has my name on the back (Donald). The only piece of clothing she hates more is my Larry the Cable Guy button-up shirt.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is my Snow White bank that I got last August. It helps me save money for the next trip.

I had been looking for some nice Snow White items at WDW(there are not many of her) but when I found it in the MK, I shouted to my wife across the store and said "I finally got a piece of Snow White" you should have seen the looks that I got from that comment! Of couse, I realized what I said after I finished saying it!
    Off site Jan '92
    AS Music April '97, Dec '98
    AS Movies Oct 2000, Jan 03, Jan 05, Jan 06
    Pop Aug 06, Pop Jan 07
    Pop Aug 07, Pop Aug 08
    Pop Aug 09, Pop Aug 10
    Pop Aug 11, Pop Aug '12, AoA Aug '13
    Pop Dec '13 Aug '14, Jan '15, Aug '15

Next Trip: Pop Aug '16

Post Thanks / Like

We usaually just get t-shirts and caps but one thing we did get which is my favorite is, my wife and I got watches from the watch store on Main Street USA one year for our Anniversary.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorites isn't "Disney" at all, but I love it. It's a silver ring from the ring carver at Ft. Wilderness that has my college's cheer carved into it (I got in when I was a high school sophomore, but I've always known where I'd go to college at). I bought it a couple years ago, and I could count on one hand the number of days I haven't worn it. I absolutely love it.

I also have a Ft. Wilderness throw that I use all the time during the winter. Very warm and very comfy - I use it on road trips when I'm riding in the passenger seat and take a nap.
    Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time.

And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite Disney souvenier is my collage frame. Every time I walk past it, I smile and remember our good memories. Incidentally, I didn't purchase it in Disney--I passed it up in WOD AND in Fulton's because I was afraid it wouldn't make it home in one piece. About two weeks after we got home, I broke down and called WDW merchandising to order it!

My favorite purchase that I made for my DD4was her pick a pearl from Japan. She enjoyed the experience so much, and the necklace is really quite pretty--I've actually borrowed it from her a couple of times!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terri.m View Post
    I'd say the pail with the popcorn in it. Whenever I make popcorn at home i eat it out of the pail. The day we got it had so many happy memories so i think about them when using it.
    ME TOO!!! I have two of them and we take them to the movie theatre every time we go and divide up the big bucket o popcorn (and then run to get a fresh refill).

Quote Originally Posted by TinkRocks View Post
    A few years ago, I had bought my parents a monorail magnet. When you press a button, you hear 3 monorail sayings - Please stand clear of the doors / por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas / Please hold onto the handrails.

Everytime we walk past the refrigerator, we can't resist pressing the button...
    I WANT ONE OF THESE!!! SOUNDS COOL!!! Someone IM me if you know if these might be available to purchase somewhere.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: