Quantcast Stop Riding all rides A cheater got us again!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stop Riding all rides A cheater got us again!

Apparently someone found a way to cheat the system yet again and get the magic pins. VMK has chnaged the prize for pulling out the sword to only 10 credits Please pass this along to your friends on VMK
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

From doing some snooping around, sounds like it could be a bug in the system that made them change the prize for the time being (but then why would they still award the magic pin?), or like figgie said, someone found either a pattern or learned how to get around it.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info JPL

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Stop Riding all rides A cheater got us again!

This makes me mad. i really wanted that pin. tea party ride is one of my favorites. hope whoever it was gets banned and kicked out of vmk. i want my pin or my credits back.
    VMK Title Alpharanda
    small worlds Miressa randie.

Post Thanks / Like

As we've all talked. This goes in favor of the cheaters that caused this. They will trade off those pins in a hurry in the game so they can't be traced on the boards. People have spend tons of credits just trying to get the magic, to get the sword.

As with anything in real world. You make something very rare, somebody will find a loophole to beat the system. This person or persons did. Is it cheating, finding a loophole may not be. To not notify staff or VMK about it, and continue using it to their advantage is.

I agree with JP and others. For the problem, I believe that the current pins should not be tradeable until this is fixed (like the did Sparrow). Since we seem to be ride crash dummies in all this which seems not to be going well, they should award everyone in VMK the Mad Tea Party pin like the New Year's Pin.

I believe what should happen is, the getting of the Magic Pin should be random. But going for the Sword, if you don't get a pin, at least award us with credits of some kind. Or for ever 10th ride you get the Magic Pin. Then the Sword is still just the random thing.

And Fan I think they kept awarding the Magic because they figure after 1 day it will expire. So if they haven't found a fix over night, they may not award that and they only have a half of day of magic pins left.

VMK needs to make an announcement again on when it restarts. Its not fair to the community in general to keep us in the dark.

Post Thanks / Like

u know i hate when this happens cause like all of you i rode the rides a bunch to get my swords magic pins and then finally getting the rare tea party pin.

i finally get something rare and people cheated so now my pins probaly wont be so rare

Also im a sick what a bad way to start the weekend
    New to the site but

VMK: MrDownTown

Post Thanks / Like

ah man!!

I never did get a pin.
    I rode and rode and nothing.
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

Post Thanks / Like

figures. Tea needed that pin...

so how did you all find out about this?? Not doubting, just wondering, i'm nosey!
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Some intercot people saw people getting 10 credits for pulling out the sword instead of the pin. When that was confirmed we looked around other boards to see what people were saying. I don't want to say what the cheater/cheaters were actually doing, but it did involve a Quest Kiosk. It was definitely evil intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks traci

to cheaters
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Names, I want names

Can you imagine how frustrating this must be for the developers? They work so long and come up with this wonderful addition and the cheaters mess it up on the second day. Boy would I love to have control of the ban button!
    AKA Mamacita in the VMK
    Past trips:
    WDWx7 (CBRx2, ASMx2, POR, Poly, FW)
    DLx7
    Next up, who knows!
    No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeynuts View Post
    Names, I want names
    What good are names the cheaters who broke into the other online games that awarded VMK prizes are still running around on VMK, along with many other cheaters.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Well there is some good news the prize for pulling the Sword out of the stone is no longer 10 credits. A new prize has been added. Are you ready for it?? Well the new prize today is appearently a Lumier!
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

So the cheaters have won again then. They caused people yesterday to not get magic pins because of all the times they went through to get the chance at the mad tea party pin. Now its going to be rare because of that. They have also profitted off your credits since they didn't have to use theirs.

I'm definitely writing VMK about this. This is unacceptable. And I suggest you all do the same thing. Its the principle of the thing.

I also say why are cheaters given a 30 day ban. They should lose that character and all that's on the character. That would stop most of this.

Post Thanks / Like

it is soooo frustrating when a few bad apples spoil things for the rest of us!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    it is soooo frustrating when a few bad apples spoil things for the rest of us!!!
    in a virtual game none-the-less...
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

So just so there isn't misunderstandings, what you got was the Lumiere lamp that you can buy from Small World Imports then?? Not a pin?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I personally didn't get the lamp I have read and seen pictures of the messages people have gotten that said they got the lamp. Yes the Lumier lamp that you can buy at any time in Small World Imports
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

You get a Lumiere candlestiuck?? Why didn't you say? I've been looking for one of those for ages and can't seem to get my virtual hands on these items. Off to Alice and Pan I go...

Wish me luck everyone!
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Reports are that Yavn himself (in game of course, where hardly anyone can ever find him) has said that there was a bug in the system and that they wanted to give something out rather than nothing. Hmm...

I should be a reporter
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: