Quantcast Segway Epcot tour. Anybody done it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Segway Epcot tour. Anybody done it?

I just signed up for the epcot segway tour and ive read really good things about it. Has anyone done this that can give me a heads up on what to expect? Thanks
    M

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We've done it twice and we loved it! It's the coolest experience!

It's been awhile, but basically the way it goes is you meet up with your group in your training room and they spend maybe an hour or so instructing you on how to use the Segway. This part was fun the first time around, but the second time it was annoying since we already knew how to ride them and would have preferred to be out and about in World Showcase.

After your training is done they take you on a full tour of World Showcase. You start in Mexico and go "around the world" on your Segways. They've governed, though, so they don't go as fast as an un-governed one will (I think they go like 4mph and a normal one can go 12mph).

You have to mostly ride in a line with your group, following the guides, although they do give you some free time about halfway through the tour to just ride around (in Italy).

Some of it's really neat, though, like they let you ride all around inside the Morocco pavilion ... they point out interest bits of architecture and trivia along the way.

We really loved it and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if we had someone along to watch the kids!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I second this! We did the tour back in 2004 shortly after it first started and we just booked another one for this summer.

My only wish is that they had an advanced one for people who have already done the first one...but I didn't hesitate to book it a second time. The experience is so unique you'll never forget it!

Post Thanks / Like

We are 2 40-somethings doing a no-family solo trip. This should be a great start to the day. Thanks for the info!!
    M
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a short video of my dh on a tour:
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...SegweyTour.flv
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have a quick question, what day and time does this tour usually take place???? Thanks!!
    Disney Maniac

My WDW Trips
    2007 Dec. AKL
    2007 May/June AKL
    2006 July WL
    2003 Offsite (!!Never Again!!)

Next Trip....
    2008 July Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Maniac View Post
    I have a quick question, what day and time does this tour usually take place???? Thanks!!
    The last time we did the tour was 2005 and it was every day, one tour at 8:30 and one tour at 9:30. I believe they added extra times to that due to its popularity. We did the 9:30 tour because then you get to be in WS when it's open, well part of the time. They have discounts for this tour, I think it's 15% for AAA members.
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

i haven't done it yet, but i really think it would be cooL!
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

The video is a hoot! Thanks, now im really looking forward to it.

Ive got a 9:30 ressie. 2 hours $80. 1st hour is training 2nd hour is a tour of WS.

WHEEEEEEEEE!

Post Thanks / Like

The Segway Tour is worth every penny and every minute! We did the two hour tour in Nov. 2006 and loved it! We're doing it again on our next trip! Going in WS when no one is there and just riding around on the Segway was awesome!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to try it but I am 20 lbs over the 250 lbs weight limit. I wish those Segways could hold more weight.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

We did it and had a blast!
    "Tomorrow's child... seeing that knowledge keeps growing"
    Over 20 WDW trips and counting.
    Resorts stayed at: The Disney Inn, Swan, POR, CS, YC, CB, Contemp., Poly, GF, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

It is probably the best tour going right now. It does depend a little on the guide, but it's great getting out there and playing on those Segways. I would suggest the earlier tour as there are less people in WS, so you have a little more freedom. The second tour tends to be a little more limited as they will get a little more strict so you don't go crashing into walking guests.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the cost for the 2-hr tour each? I will also be going with my sister who is hearing impared. Will that have an effect on us doing it?
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Post Thanks / Like

The cost for the 2 hour tour is $80 per person.

It looks like a blast and I will be trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip in November!
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allie_to_you View Post
    The cost for the 2 hour tour is $80 per person.
    ... but there is a $12 discount for AP holders and Disney Visa cardmembers. AAA members and DVC members might also get the discount.

If you don't fall into any of those groups, and your credit's good, it might be worthwhile to get the Disney Visa just for this.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

We did this on our honeymoon in January...and one word...AMAZING! We LOVED it!!! We have a great picture of us on our Segways, it's our favorite picture from the honeymoon. We enjoyed the experience so much, we booked it for our vacation this summer! My father will be joining us!!! He is in his 60s...think he will have a problem? My DH and I are both in our early 20's and he said he didn't know if he could keep up with us, but I think he can!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

How old do you have to be, to do the tour. My son will be 14 the next time we go to WDW. He would love it!!!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darko aggie View Post
    How old do you have to be, to do the tour. My son will be 14 the next time we go to WDW. He would love it!!!
    Duration: 2 hours
    Cost: $85 per person (includes tax)*

Additional Information
    Tours run 4 times daily, 7:45 am, 8:30 am, 9:00 am, and 9:30 am.

Guests must be at least 16 years old and weigh 250 lbs or less. The signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for participants under 18 years of age. Riders should be in good health and able to stand for the duration of the tour.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    I would love to try it but I am 20 lbs over the 250 lbs weight limit. I wish those Segways could hold more weight.
    So was I. Believe it or not I used the tour as my motivation to lose 25 pounds before my trip. All my friends laughed at me when I told them, But sure enough, I did it. And if I can do it anybody can. Trust me. Go for it!!!
    Charnabog1326

Lost count of visits to WDW since 1987
    3 visit to DL since 2008

Future Plans: retire and become a cast member!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: