Quantcast Toy Story Mania - Is is really needed? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the imagineers are taking a shot at one-upping Spiderman at Universal. Mark my words, this ride will be HUGE and the shot in the arm that Disney-Pixar Studios needs.
    Wilderness Campgrounds ('77)
    Villas ('88)
    Off Site ('91)
    AK Lodge ('04)
    AS Sports ('05)
    AS Music (April '06)
    Pop (Sept. '06)
    OKW (Feb. '08)
    BCV/SSR (June '08)
    SSR (Nov. '08)
    AKV (Kidani Village)/BWV (June '09)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well a Disney site I read says this ride is supposed to help in the transition from Disney MGM Studios to Disney PIXAR Studios along with the Block Party Bash parade coming in from DCA, and should be officially announced later this year.

I am confused why they are adding a ride themed after midway games (which looks great in DCA's Paradise Pier) to the Studios other than the fact that it has Toy Story characters in it. I liked the studios back when it felt like an actual movie and television studio, but it is far from that today.
    Chris
    "WDWizard"

Last Trip: Disney's Hollywood Studios/Blizzard Beach June 2008

Next Trip: Not anytime soon. Been there, seen it all, have too many t-shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

From what I have read, I think Toy Story Mania sounds pretty cool. But it sure is generating a lot of discussion, and a lot of criticism for something that at this point is mostly speculation, rumor, and rough details.

A lot of folks are bothered about it being ANOTHER Toy Story based attraction. But, excuse if I'm wrong, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, is not really Toy Story themed. Yes, Buzz was a character in Toy Story, but he was also a character in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. I don't see any other reference to Toy Story in the Buzz Lightyear attraction. To me, it's totally themed to Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, so the new Toy Story Mania is not ANOTHER Toy Story attraction.

I've never understood why we seem so intent that everything they do will be bad. I think I'll wait to make judgements when I can actually experience the real thing. In the meantime, I'll anxiously wait for the next new cool attraction.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I've never understood why we seem so intent that everything they do will be bad. I think I'll wait to make judgements when I can actually experience the real thing. In the meantime, I'll anxiously wait for the next new cool attraction.
    What a refreshing perspective. Too often we critique the imagineers and their work before it is even unvelied for the public. Initially, everyone was slamming the new Laugh Floor in Tomorrowland. Now that it is open for the public, folks are saying that it is a good show with a high repeatability factor. I wish we would all be a touch less critical.
    Wilderness Campgrounds ('77)
    Villas ('88)
    Off Site ('91)
    AK Lodge ('04)
    AS Sports ('05)
    AS Music (April '06)
    Pop (Sept. '06)
    OKW (Feb. '08)
    BCV/SSR (June '08)
    SSR (Nov. '08)
    AKV (Kidani Village)/BWV (June '09)

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's good. I really miss Millionaire.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsumrall View Post
    Initially, everyone was slamming the new Laugh Floor in Tomorrowland. Now that it is open for the public, folks are saying that it is a good show with a high repeatability factor.
    Who said that? I know it wasn't me!

I am looking forward to Toy Story Mania. I look forward to any new attractions/shows. Now how I feel AFTERWARDS, I can't guarantee! But not even Disney can please everyone all the time!

I do miss Millionaire, but I look forward to a non-thrill ride in MGM!!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

When will the Toy Story Mania release date? I thought I heard by the end of this year, but not so sure now.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Disney really hasn't utilized the Toy Story characters like they could have. As someone said ,Buzz is strictly a space theme with no other characters from the movie involved.

This ride will be different from Buzz in one very crucial way. It's going to be CGI , like the beloved Spiderman ride at Universal. This means that the characters will be in 3D , with interaction. The ammo that you shoot won't be in the form of a laser ,but rather , 3D projections ,aimed at your targets.

My belief is ,that Disney will do everything in their power to get this right , in order that they don't have to deal with negative comparisons to Spiderman. Granted , TSM won't be as thrilling as Spidey , per se. But ,if Disney can get the technical aspect down ,it won't have to be.

" Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battle beast View Post
    It'll be interesting to see... I think a Stitch *ride* would be great.

***Yes, I know of the stitch *attraction* in Tomorrowland!***
    Ha ! I so agree. They should do a story book like ride with Stitch, Lilo, and the rest of the family including Stitch's Cousins. But, then I'd hope they'd take out the Stitch ride in tomorrowland... But, I've been complaining about this mirror effect recently with Disney Parks. Were seeing a lot of the same things. Three Nemo themed attractions (Turtle Talk with Crush, Nemo Ride, and Nemo Musical) Not to mention Monsters Inc which is similar to Turtle Talk...But its different still so I'm not going to complain there. Seems to me that Disney has forgotten about their other movies. Tarzan, Hercules, Emperors New Groove, Incredibles,what about a Lion King Ride, Beauty and the Beast, i think a Kingdom Hearts ride would be neat with the collection of Disney Characters. Theres a abundance of choices here.....Why is everything similar these days. I mean I'll never stop loving the Parks. I go every month. I'm a HUGE HUGE Stitch Fan!

Past Trips
    December 14-16, 2009- 25th Birthday WL
    May 15-20 - Gracie's Disney
    May 2, 2009 - 7 Night DCL Western
    Oct 30, 2008- DCL 3 nights
    April 27- Sports
    DCL April 28th 7 Night Eastern Carribean
    May 22-All Star Movie
    March 4th- 4 Night DCL
    Jan 31-Feb 2 - AKL
    30+ !

Post Thanks / Like

The whole "Disney-Pixar Studios" rumor doesn't make sense to me for hundreds of reasons. And I hope it does stay as a rumor.
    The Toy Story ride should be interesting.... and as long as it draws people from Sunset Blvd! Yes MGM needs something new.

I also would like something with Lilo & Stitch,though. Besides the see-it-once Stitch's Great Escape.

On another note: I've been SPOILED by looking at Hong Kong's Autopia. Holy mackarel.
    1st trip to WDW Offsite-1994
    All Star Sports-June 1999
    Coronado Springs-February 26-March 4th 2007(solo trip)
    Can't wait to go back..

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose i am one of those who is just glad that they are bring something else into MGM. That theme park has been greatly lacking lately. As people have mentioned, it is about a 1/2 day park at best so anything new is a great and much needed addition. Do i mind that it is Toy Story? Not really...although they have plenty of other movies to pick from. I just don't see Toy Story being that exciting. Oh well.. I will wait and see how it turns out. Here's hoping!
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Personally the way i feel about, yet another Buzz ride, I'm not all for it! What they really need is a Woody themed ride or Woody's Roundup of just Toy Story in general. The Buzz ride in Tomorrowland is perfectly placed, but in the Studios a general Toy Story ride would make more sence to me I guess. They could actaully theme it to Toy Story 2, and have the ride's theme make it like you are going to save Woody from Al's Toy Barn, I think that would be cute!
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: