Quantcast Tips for shipping packages

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tips for shipping packages

I have never shipped packages before and would like any information. What, when and how to ship, and any other hepful advice. I will be staying at the CSR. Should I call the resort ahead of time?
    Next trip: POR-July 08
    Off-site July 1985 Off-site-Mar 1990 Off-site-Mar 1991
    CB-May 2003 CB-Aug 2005 WLV-Nov 2006 CS-April 2007

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about shipping something to the resort before you arrive or shipping something home from the resort?
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

If you mean shipping stuff to the hotel so it is there when you get there...here is what I know...

We did this for our trip in early March to PORQ. We shipped 3 packages of Dr. Pepper and breakfast stuff (cereal, cereal bars, snacks). We shipped Fed Ex (only because we get a discount with them). We arrived on Sunday and we shipped everything the Tuesday before we left, it had arrived by Friday and I had the stuff that showed where it was signed for. When we arrived, I told the CM checking us in, we had a package, she looked it up and had it delivered.

I guess all packages are delivered to the Riverside portion as she had to call and have them brought over, so it took a couple of hours to get them.

Also, a word of advice, we shipped 36 of the small soda cans in one box, it was too much and the box broke and had to be repackaged at the FedEX office. Also, we sent pringles and stuff, and we did not wrap them in bubble wrap or anything, so they were all crushed up...still edible, but not whole.

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am talking about shipping stuff to the resort, such as water, snacks, and cereal. Is it better to ship from Staples or another place then just doing it on your own?
    Next trip: POR-July 08
    Off-site July 1985 Off-site-Mar 1990 Off-site-Mar 1991
    CB-May 2003 CB-Aug 2005 WLV-Nov 2006 CS-April 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyFan3 View Post
    Yes, I am talking about shipping stuff to the resort, such as water, snacks, and cereal. Is it better to ship from Staples or another place then just doing it on your own?
    For that kind of stuff you'd be much better off doing a grocery delivery service such as Garden Grocer. However, if you really want to ship your own to the resort just mail it (USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, etc, doesn't matter) to:

Resort Name
    Guest {insert your name}
    Arriving {insert date}
    Resort Address

That will help get it to you in the most efficient manner.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

For that kind of stuff you'd be much better off doing a grocery delivery service such as Garden Grocer. However, if you really want to ship your own to the resort just mail it (USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, etc, doesn't matter) to:
    I agree

We ship down our beach towels, an air mattress and some toys. (DS needs his trains). We use UPS three day shipping. I would suggest if you are just shipping down food items, use garden grocer. To ship down an 30lb (+/-) box cost me 35$. Most Intercotees have had excellent ties with GG.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

When we shipped a package last year we were also told to put out reservation number on the outside of the box. We stayed at the Saratoga. They actually remembered to give it to me... in allmy travel excitement I had totally forgot that I sent it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: