Quantcast Where can I find good scrapbboking stuff?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where can I find good scrapbboking stuff?

Hi I am going to DW in July and I am starting to gather my supplies so I can scrap my family. Does anyone have a good place to find stuff and do they have stuff at DW? Is there something specific I should do when we are there?

Thanks in advance.
    Glad I found you guys.

Suzyv98

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw some scrapbooking stuff in a store in DTD. I can't remember the name of the store, but it had a lot of Disney art in it. I'd imagine they have things elsewhere in the parks.
    November 1997 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    November 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    February 2002 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon!)
    October 2006 - Old Key West (1st Trip with kids!)
    December 2008 - Old Key West (The not-so-great trip)
    October 2011

Post Thanks / Like

There is a scrapbooking store at DTD. It was in with the Art of Disney, if I remember right. There is also scrapbooking stuff at the different parks. It depends if you want paper exculsive to the parks or not. Personally, when I go to scrapbook stores, I always keep out an eye for paper that I can use. I found the paper packs I found at WDW was full of stuff I didn't like.

Just the other day I found some great paper for POC. It had a bunch of pirate stuff on it. One page looked like a map, another was a black background, with some writing on it..I remember it said Capt. Jack Sparrow. The manufacturer was Rusty Pickle. My suggestion is look at you local stores first to see what's available, you can always go back to the local shop after you get home.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Just the other day I found some great paper for POC. It had a bunch of pirate stuff on it. One page looked like a map, another was a black background, with some writing on it..I remember it said Capt. Jack Sparrow. The manufacturer was Rusty Pickle. My suggestion is look at you local stores first to see what's available, you can always go back to the local shop after you get home.
    Thanks- I have seen some regular paper that I can use. Also check out Junkitz boys rule - it is brand new, I met her at a local function with my LSS. Junkitz has the skull and cross bones plus flames. It seems to be very HOT this year and with the new movie coming out, I can't wait.

This is my first scrap of Disney so I will probably start gathering fro now until I finish it. I am also going to try to get to http://www.mousememories.com/ when we are down in July. It looks like they have a pretty good assortment of stuff, I just need to know how much money to start saving for my obsession.

Thanks for all the advice

Suzyv98

Post Thanks / Like

If you visit mousememories - take lots of money. I order from them all the time!! They have tons of DIsney stuff for scrapbooking. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

I find scrapbooking items at Walmart, Michael's and AC Moore. You can also find things on ebay like decorative punchers and patches.
    We also save things from our vacation like tickets, napkins, menus, and other odds and ends.
    Kathy
    Nov 2007 Pop
    Dec 2006 CS
    Dec 2004 POR/WL
    Feb 2002 ASM
    Apr 2000 CR
    Aug 1998 WL
    Jul 1984 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

At The Art of Disney in DTD, there is one side of the store where you can find scrapbooking items.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I love to scapbook also.
    The place in DW that i get most of my things is at the art of disney in downtown disney. They have a very good selection
    Another place to look would be The World of Disney which is downtown also. That has just about everything in the world that you could ever imagine
    Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't scrapbook, but I was in Michael's this weekend and saw lots of Disney materials (actually DD spotted tham and freaked out).

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else. DTD has a store that has great scrapbooking stuff. I also saw some cool stuff at Michael's. My DD's picked out my favorite ride Small World stickers and Snow White for my youngest. But just be ready to spend if you pick them up in DTD. Have a great trip and good luck finding something to save your memories!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have Dollar Tree in your area? If so, there are some cute Disney stickers and pages there!
    Polynesian and Wonder 3/14-3/23

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Walmart!

The store in DTD is great, but I saw some super cute Disney stuff at Walmart the other day. In their scrapbooking section, there were tons of stickers including princesses, the castle and so on. I was really surprised at the options. They also had some books and papers. Check it out!
    Missy
    #1 LSU fan 2003 AND 2007 National Champions!

POR Feb 1997
    ASMo Dec 1999
    POR Feb 2002
    ASMovies Feb 2004
    Pop Century May 2004
    ASMovies Feb 2006
    Offsite Jan 2007
    May 2008 Swan
    May 2011 on the Dream!
    BLT July 2013
    POFQ July 2015

Post Thanks / Like

As a Huge scrapbooker, I was so excited to go to DTD and look at the "scrapbooking" store. I hope it has changed since I was there. All there was to offer was a couple of packs with some stickers and papers with the various parks on them. I left not buying anything. But when I went in the gift shop at AKL, they had the same packs there. So also check your resort's gift shop.

1st, try your local scrapbooking store. At my local store, they have a "Castle" that is full of Disney specific options. I've found EK Success has a lot of punches and stickers. Also found eyelets with "ears". I used to work on a Design Team at a local scrapping store and have done several Disney projects. So much fun!

Also, Michael's has a good choice and in our area, you can find a coupon in Sunday's paper, usually.

What's more fun- Scrapping or shopping for the perfect supplies? I'm not sure I could pick
    Heather

WL- Aug. 2008
    AKL- July 2006
    Off site- Sept. 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Default free stuff for scrapping

Most of the stores that sell camera supplies or sell photopass CDs seem to have scrapbook stuff as well as some general merchandise stores. Some of the best scrapbooking items that my kids and I have found are free - brochures from the parks and parties, cutting out the maps from the brochures and using as a background on a page, Mickey stickers from cast members, Mickey and castle cut from cups at restaurants, etc. It's a really fun cheap way to scrapbooks, esp. with kids.

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Creative Memories also sells great Disney scrapbooking stuff!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: