Quantcast Meet the Robinsons Discussion [Merged] - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    My son had a half-day at school today so we took advantage of the free time and saw MTR this afternoon and really, really liked it! The 3D was seamless! And there are some nice surprises before and at the very end of the movie... I must admit that I got pretty choked up at the end (I know... I'm a dork ).
    OMG me too! Didn't see it in 3-D - but I thought it was so cute. I loved how the little guy turned out! I cried!!!!

And again - one of those things, where I can't even imagine orphanages, with kids never finding a family........ I know today's foster care system isn't the best - but doesn't it beat institutionalized care for children?

I also liked how they showed how a villain was made (similar to how they did it in The Incredibles, but with a twist!).

We saw it with a lot of kids - and one Mom actually yelled out at the end - "Encore, Bravo!" And the kids clapped and cheered. I love when a movie moves people like that!

My two nephews ages 9 & 5 loved it ...... I would pay to see it again before the DVD - I think I may have missed some dialogue. The future family is a little odd, and in watching the oddity - some lines could have been easily missed!

I highly recommend this one!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe our hokey, hickabilly, podunk town is showing MTR in 3D! I will definitely have to check this out!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

In Omaha, it's playing in 3D at Village Pointe Cinema. It's the best theatre in town, and this just adds to it.
    Believe in the future, the world is getting better, there is still plenty of opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cubbie View Post
    In Omaha, it's playing in 3D at Village Pointe Cinema. It's the best theatre in town, and this just adds to it.
    Cubbie-

I just saw it at Village Pointe and it wasn;t in 3D Just a heads up. Still an amazing movie though!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Default Meet the Robinsons: I felt the Disney magic...

I just saw Meet the Robinsons and let me just say I was blown away.
    The tingles I get at WDW? I got at this movie!
    I won't try to spoil anything!

~The fact that they play an old Mickey Mouse cartoon at the beginning was a great idea. I enjoyed seeing Mickey, Donald, and Goofy on the big screen, as well as the fact that this little cartoon might re-introduce a whole new generation to 'the gang'.

~The Disney nods! The topiaries in the Robinson's yard (the teapot with teacups is the Teacup ride!) and the 'Todayland' they pass. Also, I spotted a Hidden Mickey behind the mom Robinson when she is telling Louis that she is 'always right'. Look for it

~Bring kleenex for the end. The nod to Walt is a tearjerker

Anyone else have any imput on the movie?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to see the movie this weekend, and after reading your post, am soooo excited to see it!
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

We saw it yesterday too. I am so glad other people got choked up at the end too. I told my husband that I teared up alittle at the end and he looked at me like I was nuts.

I thought they did a good job with the orphanage, and not making it a bad place with mean people working there. I though they made it seem like a loving place where they were treated well.

I will be buying this one as soon as it comes out on DVD.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    And again - one of those things, where I can't even imagine orphanages, with kids never finding a family........ I know today's foster care system isn't the best - but doesn't it beat institutionalized care for children?

MODERATOR ALERT

Let's not turn this thread into a discussion of children's well being in the social system please. While I am sure everyone has their own opinion, let's keep this focused on Meet the Robinsons! Thank you, and now back to the fun...
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    Cubbie-

I just saw it at Village Pointe and it wasn;t in 3D Just a heads up. Still an amazing movie though!
    That's a bummer. They told me that they would have it in 3-D. I'll still have to see it though. It looks pretty darn good.
    Believe in the future, the world is getting better, there is still plenty of opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved this movie!! Definently felt the Disney magic on this one! We are going back tonight to see it again. It is really awesome in 3D and totally worth the money!
    Laura

1999, 2001, 2002, 2004 , 2005
    2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge-HONEYMOON
    2007 Disneyland
    2007 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Pop Century
    May 2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder
    December 2009-Disney at Christmas

****Disneyventures...A Place for Happy Endings****

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back! We took DD and her friends for her birthday. Unfortunately, we didn't see the 3D version but I was still pleasantly surprised. It was much better than I expected! I missed that particular Hidden Mickey that the OP described, but the topiary archway to the Robinson estate has an upsidedown Hidden Mickey!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post

MODERATOR ALERT

Let's not turn this thread into a discussion of children's well being in the social system please. While I am sure everyone has their own opinion, let's keep this focused on Meet the Robinsons! Thank you, and now back to the fun...
    Sorry - didn't mean to do that - it was just an observation I had fresh from the movie.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Sorry - didn't mean to do that - it was just an observation I had fresh from the movie.
    Not a problem, and it wasn't directed only to you, it was just a friendly reminder!

I am going to see the movie tomorrow!!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the movie in 3D. I loved how it looked like it was raining in the theater when it rained in the movie. I also loved the ending and the finally quote at the end. Even if you have already seen it without the 3D, it is worth going back again to see the Working for peanuts short movie in 3D. That was fantastic.My 4 yr old laughed so hard at the dinasaur and at the penut butter and jelly scenes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought it was great. Loved the fact that Disney is trying to reintroduce a new generation to what started it all.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Saw it opening night- about 1/3 of the way through they almost lost me, things seemed pretty bizarre and disjointed. But, I loved the way they tied it all in at the end. And, I admit it I boohooed too!
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great reviews! We did end up booking this movie for Conor's party next weekend - I was a little unsure, but he really, really wanted to see it! I'm really looking forward to it now!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I also LOVED this movie...thought it was a giant forward for Disney and their new way of animation, while it would have been even better w/ some music, I loved the characters, loved the way the story tied together and I loved the use of Walt Disney's quote.
    Walt Disney World College Program:
    Upcoming: 08-27-07 to 01-04-08 Operations!!!

"Keep Moving Forward"-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from seeing it (in 3D).

First of all, the previews to U2 3D were GREAT!!! Bono and The Edge right in my face! I was a happy camper!

I absolutely LOVED seeing "Working for Peanuts"...I agree that it is a wonderful thing to share a true classic with this generation!

I too appreciated the nods and tributes to Walt Disney!

As for the story itself...

I think it is a HUGE thing for a child to wrap their mind around. Both the issues of adoption and birthmothers, and following who's who in the time travel. (I will admit I found myself thinking a time or two)

I found the futuristic stuff really out there...but I have never been accused of having the best, most vivid imagination, so that may just be me. It was very "Incredibles"-ish to me. From time to time I had to ask myself what all that nonsense had to do with the movie?? The puppet wife, the spaghetti and meatballs??? Huh???

Did I hate it, no. It had some cute parts and the story tied up nicely.

Did I love it, not so much. Can't imagine going to see it again or buying the DVD.

Just my opinion...
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

DH, DS16 and I went to see it this afternoon in a regular theater.
    We really enjoyed seeing the old MM cartoon at the beginning- and I loved hearing the little kids giggling at Mickey, Donald and Goofy- Walt Disney's legacy remains strong!
    We all thought this was a great movie. I must admit I was getting a little antsy about halfway through, but they brought it all to a great conclusion. I did see a couple parents & their kids (about 3-4 year old range) leaving early. Both parents were trying to get them to stay, but I don't think there was enough to hold their attention throughout.

I missed the Hidden Mickeys- guess I will just have to get the DVD. We did love the Todayland sign! I tried to stay for all of the credits, but they cut them off early! Did I miss anything?

Great movie- lots of fun stuff woven all the way through.
    from our family.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: