Quantcast Disney Stock Price

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Stock Price

Anybody have any data on how Disney stock has performed in the past with big movie releases. I know that Meet the Robinsons debuts this weekend with Ratatoillie(sp?) and PoC3 following in the summer. It seems as the economy is slumping that perhaps DIS is a good play. I'm just trying to figure out if now is the time to move. Any free financial advice out there?
    Wilderness Campgrounds ('77)
    Villas ('88)
    Off Site ('91)
    AK Lodge ('04)
    AS Sports ('05)
    AS Music (April '06)
    Pop (Sept. '06)
    OKW (Feb. '08)
    BCV/SSR (June '08)
    SSR (Nov. '08)
    AKV (Kidani Village)/BWV (June '09)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know offhand, but you can always check out a site like Google Finance (they have decent charts), or Yahoo Finance (which can retrieve stock prices from any day - check out the Historical Prices link on the left when viewing a quote). On both of these sites, you can plug in dates for past movie releases and see what happened.

Free financial advice? This is only my opinion and I'm by no means an expert, but I'd stick to a well-balanced and diversified mutual fund(s) for a long-term investing strategy. Own a little bit of Disney only because it's fun. You never know which way they're going to go. Things look good right now, but that could turn on a dime for any number of reasons. Trading individual stocks can be risky if you don't have the experience to know what to look for in a company (many of the so-called "experts" can't even get it right). It's especially risky depending on the size of your portfolio and how much of your portfolio is invested in a single stock.

Again, this is only my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, Disney is at a very good price right now. Even that Mad Dog Jim Cramer guy has suggested it recently.

I did my own research before I bought in and it doesn't seem like the movies make much of a deal. Seems like they price a good opening/run in and only seems to effect the stock downward if it is below expectations.

I think POTC 3 is already priced in.

That said, I love a good, diversified mutual fund!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

We began purchasing Disney stock on a regulare basis several years ago. The movies/ overall box office receipts really don't seem to have an effect on it one way or another.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Generally, the stock doesn't react to these planned events unless the events greatly under-perform or over-perform expectations. The price of a moderately successful movie release is already built into the price of the stock.

I wouldn't plan the purchae or sell of the stock based on this event because in the grand scheme of long term investing, one point higher or lower doesn't make much difference.

My stockbroker advise (I use to be a broker): I've got friends for it and friends against it...and I'm for my friends.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: