Quantcast The Official December 2007 Thread!!! - Page 13

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    I've just added a surprise for my DH at the Coral Reef (personalized menu), and we're going to be booking the GF Photo Session. The Christmas decorations at the GF will be wonderful.
    What's the GF photo session? 74 more days!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Update!!!

From Scream Scape:

Park News - (9/25/07) Screamscape has been informed that the management at the Magic Kingdom has decided once again to not run the Christmas version of the Country Bear Jamboree for the second year in the row. The lower level management protested of course, reminding them of all the complaints they had last year when the Christmas show was given the budget ax, but apparently this was shrugged off because those were just ‘verbal complaints’. Apparently Disney management feels that verbal complaints hold less water since they carry no physical presence and are often made hastily, while anyone who sends in a written complain is taken more seriously since they have the paperwork to deal with as well as the fact that the guest took the extra time to actually write something and send it in.
    Since this is the second year in a row that they have tried to skip out on the Christmas show, it pretty much leads one to conclude that they are ready to get rid of the show forever and may never bring it back if something isn’t done. So if you would like to see the Christmas version of the Country Bear Jamboree show brought back to the park then please send your written comments to:

Guest Communications
    PO Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

You can also send an e-mail complaint as well, but know that the snail-mail method is the one taken most seriously.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apequet View Post
    What's the GF photo session? 74 more days!
    The Grand Floridian is scheduling portrait times with families. A professional photographer (Photopass) takes you to several places in the GF for family photos. I've seen some that were posed and some that were not. The session lasts about 20 minutes. The sitting fee is $50. If you don't have a PP then it will cost around $150 bucks (at least to my understanding.) If you pre-ordered the PP CD, the sitting fee is waived and the photos are added to the CD. I've read that a $25 fee will soon be charged to folks with the CD. To order in advance you have to call 407-824-1700 at exactly 30 days before your arrival.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diznedreamin View Post

Everyday, I go over our plans, make sure I haven't left anything out...Luckily, my husband has now become a Disney nut...just like me!
    Can your husband train my boyfriend?

We just transfered the money from our savings accounts so we can officially pay off our reservations!!! Woo hoo, it's so real now, it feels so close!!
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
    Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    The Grand Floridian is scheduling portrait times with families. A professional photographer (Photopass) takes you to several places in the GF for family photos. I've seen some that were posed and some that were not. The session lasts about 20 minutes. The sitting fee is $50. If you don't have a PP then it will cost around $150 bucks (at least to my understanding.) If you pre-ordered the PP CD, the sitting fee is waived and the photos are added to the CD. I've read that a $25 fee will soon be charged to folks with the CD. To order in advance you have to call 407-824-1700 at exactly 30 days before your arrival.
    Hmmm....I've never heard of this! Sounds like a great opportunity to get some of those good family picture's. Has anyone does this before? Anyone got some picture's they want to share? Thanks for all the info. You all are great!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update!!!

Tusker House and Donald's Safari Breakfast now accepting ADRs as of 9/26/07!!!

I did ask about Yak and Yeti and no news.

Post Thanks / Like

65 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

72 more days for me!

Post Thanks / Like

67 Days!!!
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
    Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info. on Tusker House and Donald's Breakfast Safari

The Tusker House is now accepting reservations for breakfast, lunch, and dinner beginning on 11/16/07.

TRAVELERS! Take a break from your Safari and enjoy a "Taste of Advenure" in this colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace Eatery, offering a Family Buffet with African Flavors for lunch and dinner and a special character breakfast.

“Awaken the day” with your favorite Disney Characters at Donald's Safari Breakfast. Typically appearing will be Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Mickey and Goofy.

HOURS:
    Breakfast - 8:00am - 10:30am
    Lunch - 11:30pm to 3:00pm
    Dinner - 3:30pm to varies with park closing

(All menus subject to change without notice)

Breakfast Buffet:

Holiday Pricing – (For all reservation arrivals on 11/18/07 - 11/24/07; 12/16/07 - 1/5/08)
    $22.99 Guest (10 and older) -- $12.99 Guest (3-9)

Regular Pricing
    $18.99 Guest (10 and older) -- $10.99 Guest (3-9)

Variety of fresh fruits, freshly baked pastries and breads, carved spit-roasted honey-glazed ham, frittatas, scrambled eggs, Yam casserole, hot and cold cereals, biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon, sausage, waffles, warm bread pudding, breakfast potatoes and potato tots. Non-specialty, non-alcoholic drinks such as sodas, coffee, tea, juices, iced tea, milk, etc.

Lunch Buffet:

Holiday Pricing – (For all reservation arrivals on 11/18/07 - 11/24/07; 12/16/07 - 1/5/08)
    $23.99 Guest (10 and older) -- $12.99 Guest (3-9)

Regular Pricing
    $19.99 Guest (10 and older) -- $10.99 Guest (3-9)

Assorted salads, spit-roasted carved meats, chicken and fish creations, stews and soups, roasted vegetables, deli-style meat and cheese, freshly baked breads, macaroni and cheese, corn dogs, chicken drumsticks, PBJ’s, corn medley, green beans, mashed potatoes, assorted pastries and cakes, fresh fruit, cookies and brownies. Non-specialty, non-alcoholic drinks such as sodas, coffee, tea, juices, iced tea, milk, etc.

Dinner Buffet:

$30.99 Guest (10 and older) -- $14.99 Guest (3-9)

Regular Pricing
    $26.99 Guest (10 and older) -- $12.99 Guest (3-9)

Assorted salads, smoked salmon, spit-roasted carved meats, chicken and fish creations, stews and soup, roasted vegetables, deli-style meat and cheese, freshly baked breads, macaroni and cheese, corn dogs, chicken drumsticks, PBJ’s, corn medley, green beans, mashed potatoes, assorted pastries and cakes, fresh fruit, cookies and brownies. Non-specialty, non-alcoholic drinks such as sodas, coffee, tea, juices, iced tea, milk, etc.

DISCOUNTS:
    Disney's Dining Experience 20% discount on ALL Food & Beverage for members & up to 10 Guests. DDE Discount not available on Holidays.

2007 PACKAGES:
    Magic Your Way Plus Dining
    Magic Your Way Premium Package
    Magic Your Way Platinum Package

2008 PACKAGES:
    Magic Your Way Plus Dining
    Magic Your Way Deluxe Dining
    Magic Your Way Premium
    Magic Your Way Platinum

Note:
    Donald's Breakfastosaurus at Restaurantosaurus will host their last Character Breakfast on the morning on 11/8/07. Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant will begin on 11/16/07. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park will not offer any character breakfast between 11/9/07 – 11/15/07.

Restaurantosaurus will continue to offer lunch and dinner as a quick service location.

Post Thanks / Like

We have 67 days 20 hours to go before we leave for our vacation and I would say just about all the planning is done . What to do now????
    We did change our plans for MVMCP from our original plans of 11 Dec and 18 Dec, as I went and booked a sleigh ride at Wilderness Lodge for the 18 Dec. What was I thinking?? So now we will be going to the MVCMP on the 6 Dec and the 11 Dec. Thank goodness I hadn't already purchased the ticket for the 18th. As we have never been at this time of the year before I want to go twice as I take THOUSANDS of pictures and this year I have a new camcorder, so will of course be taking lots of video. Attending twice will allow me more time to video tape the events. Sometimes I just get so excited just thinking about our vacation Sorry.

We will be there from 5 - 21 Dec and have made the following plans:
    Thurs 6 Dec MVMCP
    Sun 9 Dec ADR @ 50's Prime Time Cafe @ 5:55
    Tues 11 Dec ADR @ Chef's Mickey breakfast and MVMCP
    Thurs 13 Dec ADR @ Marrakesh @ 4:15 for Candlelight Processional
    Sat 15 Dec ADR @ 'Ohana's @ 6:20 followed by the Electrical Water Pageant
    Mon 17 Dec ADR @ Tusker character breakfast @ 10:30
    Tues 18 Dec Sleigh ride @ Wilderness Lodge @ 8:00

Even though it may not seem like a full itinerary for some, we are starting to feel overwhelmed by all these reservations, as this is the first time that we have pre-booked anything other the Circque du Soleil.
    We still want to some how fit in the - yes I am going to say this - Universal Parks, Seaworld, shopping at the Orlando Mall and maybe a day to Cocoa Beach to visit Ron Jons Surfshop.
    Hope this isn't too much pre-planning for our family.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update!!!

Update on CP Narrators:

November 23-25: David Robinson
    November 26-28: John O’Hurley
    November 29-December 1: Neil Patrick Harris
    December 2-4: Dennis Franz
    December 5-7: Monique Coleman
    December 8-10: Steven Curtis Chapman
    December 11-13: Chita Rivera
    December 14-16: Isabella Rossellini
    December 17-19: Kirk Cameron
    December 20-22: Edward James Olmos
    December 23-25: Gary Sinise
    December 26-28: Rita Moreno
    December 29-30: Marlee Matlin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    We have 67 days 20 hours to go before we leave for our vacation and I would say just about all the planning is done . What to do now????
    We did change our plans for MVMCP from our original plans of 11 Dec and 18 Dec, as I went and booked a sleigh ride at Wilderness Lodge for the 18 Dec. What was I thinking?? So now we will be going to the MVCMP on the 6 Dec and the 11 Dec. Thank goodness I hadn't already purchased the ticket for the 18th. As we have never been at this time of the year before I want to go twice as I take THOUSANDS of pictures and this year I have a new camcorder, so will of course be taking lots of video. Attending twice will allow me more time to video tape the events. Sometimes I just get so excited just thinking about our vacation Sorry.

We will be there from 5 - 21 Dec and have made the following plans:
    Thurs 6 Dec MVMCP
    Sun 9 Dec ADR @ 50's Prime Time Cafe @ 5:55
    Tues 11 Dec ADR @ Chef's Mickey breakfast and MVMCP
    Thurs 13 Dec ADR @ Marrakesh @ 4:15 for Candlelight Processional
    Sat 15 Dec ADR @ 'Ohana's @ 6:20 followed by the Electrical Water Pageant
    Mon 17 Dec ADR @ Tusker character breakfast @ 10:30
    Tues 18 Dec Sleigh ride @ Wilderness Lodge @ 8:00

Even though it may not seem like a full itinerary for some, we are starting to feel overwhelmed by all these reservations, as this is the first time that we have pre-booked anything other the Circque du Soleil.
    We still want to some how fit in the - yes I am going to say this - Universal Parks, Seaworld, shopping at the Orlando Mall and maybe a day to Cocoa Beach to visit Ron Jons Surfshop.
    Hope this isn't too much pre-planning for our family.
    Nah...your plans sound great! I don't think you're over planning at all. I would rather be over planned then walking blind into the parks. DH and I are going to be in WDW for 11 days/11 evenings. We have at least 1-3 ADRs a day on our trip. We're also seeing Cirque du Soleil, Sleigh Ride at the WL, visiting DQ, DTD, PI, visit other resorts and check out the Christmas decorations, and go to two MVMCP. But DH and I will be taking breaks during the day, and on MVMCP we will be sleeping in and take it as a "low key day."

Post Thanks / Like

69 dudes! (69 more days.)

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Christmas country bear Jambore

Thanks for the update on the No Christmas show at the country bear jamboree, Not Good News but we all need to know. I alrady sent a eee-mail back in Fb. to the mgnt. but I will also send a snail-mail too. Alas, I fear that the decision has already been made, i doubt if they will change thier minds and have it this year. PLEASE, keep us updated on this as it is probably my favorite magic kingdom show. We REALLY missed it,(Christmas Version), last yeear and i was so hoping it would return this year.

Post Thanks / Like

If there's enough complaints by the middle of November, they may add it last minute. But I really hope they have the Christmas version of the CBJ.

Also 67 more days.

Post Thanks / Like

61 Days, woo hoo!!!!

I can't wait anymore!!

Made the final payment, we're good to go!
    Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

66 more days.

It's getting closer to Christmas time...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cbj

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpys Crew View Post
    Thanks for the update on the No Christmas show at the country bear jamboree, Not Good News but we all need to know. I alrady sent a eee-mail back in Fb. to the mgnt. but I will also send a snail-mail too. Alas, I fear that the decision has already been made, i doubt if they will change thier minds and have it this year. PLEASE, keep us updated on this as it is probably my favorite magic kingdom show. We REALLY missed it,(Christmas Version), last yeear and i was so hoping it would return this year.
    I think I heard this, I probably read it here. But if it was during the planning rush it could have gone in one ear and got lost... before it fell out the other.
    If someone wants to let me know how and where to send it, I'll e-mail my unhappy thoughts about the missing Christmas Bear Jamboree.
    Thanks
    67 Days til DISNEY!!

Post Thanks / Like

65 more days!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: