Quantcast John is right! (of course) I got caught by the monorail closing - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeys_princess_mom View Post
    I'm going to be in this position, so I'm watching for some answers?.....
    I'd plan on taking a taxi for now, or plan your ADR for a night when MK is having evening EMH.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be in this position, so I'm watching for some answers?.....
    If the monorail is not running, the only options I know of is to take a bus to a park that is still open and bus back from there; take a bus to Downtown Disney and bus back from there; or take a taxi.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I'd plan on taking a taxi for now, or plan your ADR for a night when MK is having evening EMH.
    It's Ohana--not too flexible! Worth the trouble, though.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    If the monorail is not running, the only options I know of is to take a bus to a park that is still open and bus back from there; take a bus to Downtown Disney and bus back from there; or take a taxi.
    That's what I thought--Downtown Disney may be the best bet--it's for 9:45....Anybody know how much a taxi from Poly to Pops would run?...
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

We were at EPCOT the same night, also staying at BLT. We took a bus from EPCOT and DH was fuming. He had to carry a folded jogging stroller over the heads of everyone sitting, with a whiny 4 y.o. in tow. My Mom and Dad were with us, with my Dad in an ECV in the parks because of spine and knee surgeries, but not to/from the resort, so it wasn't exactly a party for him. I had the pleasure of standing on a packed bus, carrying a baby in a baby bjorn, with a stroller over my right shoulder, a diaper bag and a small cooler bag over the left one, and my purse and something else in my left hand and holding the railing with the right. I was in agony.

It looks like the CR and BLT guests are the ones who suffer the most in this equation. At least Poly and GF guests can walk back to their resorts. I know that there are some with mobility issues where this is not an option, so they're stuck with the buses too. There is no walkway for CR and BLT guests. The ferryboat stopped running too, so the bus was it.

But guess what? The monorail is running for MVMCP guests. So the monorail runs until 12:30-1 a.m. for MVMCP guests, but not until 10 for monorail resort guests visiting EPCOT on non-MVMCP nights. They're basically cutting back service for people who pay the highest prices for rooms. They have always, until recently, kept the resort monorail running until 11 or 12. Does TDO realize that their angering their biggest profit center? Or are they just hoping that people won't notice or won't complain.

But it does look like they were doing track repairs. Around 1 a.m. on either Wednesday or Thursday nights there were these bright lights shining into my room from the monorail tracks somewhere above the bus stops, which I assumed was monorail maintenance work.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know how much a taxi from Poly to Pops would run?...
    You can get an estimate here.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Monorail doesn't run late on EMH nights, just an hour past regular closing time. They do run late for the parties (MNSSHP and MVMCP).
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

The only people that should be flamed is Disney. Monorails should run until one hour after the LAST park closes. This is just another reason for me to never spend twice as much money to go from a moderate to a monorail-deluxe. It just ain't worth it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry about your experience! Hopefully the maintenance will get done and this situation will be short lived.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    Monorail doesn't run late on EMH nights, just an hour past regular closing time. They do run late for the parties (MNSSHP and MVMCP).
    Doh! That's what meant!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Wait, so was just the express lined closed or is there no Epcot service at all in the morning?
    MK to TTC express line closed, TTC to EPCOT closed at 10:20 in the morning.
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

So it's possible that we could ride from Poly to MK if there is MVMCP that night?....That's all we need, and just hop a bus to Pop...
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Disney has advertised the convenience of staying at a monorail resort for years. People make reservations to stay at the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian months and months and months in advance. Then, when they get to WDW, one of the main reasons for booking a deluxe resort isn't available to them. Disney should be ashamed. If they use the monorail to entice people to stay at their incredibly over-priced deluxe resorts, they should honor all of the conditions that were in place when the reservation was made. The monorail is part of what they sell. They shouldn't change the rules in the middle of the game.
    I don't use the Disney buses. If I was paying top dollar to stay at a deluxe resort and had to take a crowded, noisy bus to get back to my "deluxe" resort after a long day in one of the parks because the monorail wasn't running, I'd be really ticked off.

Post Thanks / Like

So it's possible that we could ride from Poly to MK if there is MVMCP that night?....That's all we need, and just hop a bus to Pop...
    I have not read the whole discussion, but let me tell you about our experience. In Sept, we were caught at the Poly after a late dinner. When we went to the Monorail entrance, there was a cast member there who directed us to the bus area where we were able to catch a bus from the Poly directly to our resort. It was all about the timing. We were done right about the same time the Luau let out and this is a service they provide for the Luau guests. I am not sure when you will be done at the Poly, but this is an option that worked for us.

Another option is to ferry from the Poly to MK and then catch a bus to POP.

I don't think they will leave anyone stranded. Just ask and they will tell you the best way to reach your destination.

But, for the record, I too think the new monorail shut-down policy is pretty lousy.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on writing a letter to our DVC guide letting him know just how unhappy we are about this "service"! We own at BLT and that was one of the "perks" of buying there. I figure if they get enough complains across the board, maybe something will change. Disney does a lot of dumb things and every once in a while they actually listen (note I said ONCE in a while!)

Post Thanks / Like

I just wrote my letter complaining on my experience on 11/16.

I stayed at the Poly and will reconsider for next year due to the "maintanence" issue (which is really a cutback)

If you are going to cut out a service at a deluxe resort, then replace it with a service that will accommodate the guests. Not a boat that holds only 40 or so or a bus that holds up to 50 when the monorail can hold 300 plus.

Also, they had closed the MK express line around 8:50 pm on 11/16 and put them in the Resort line! Needless to say it was a mess. I was lucky to get on the last monorail at 9pm but there was still over 300 people in line. Few got off at the Contemporary but everyone but the two of us (in the car) got off at the TTC. About 20 got off at the Poly and a handful was left for the GF. I talked to the monorail guys at the Poly and was told that they do close the express line early (even though 2 monorails came through there after it was closed!!). Also 2 other empty monrails came through on the resort line while we were talking empty but did not stop. I inquired about this and they said they do that until they take them off line. Why not fill them up with people???? Sometimes I just don't get it.

Sorry but I'm paying over $500 a night -- I should not be put in a line with someone who has parked their car at the MK and is staying at some cheap hotel outside Disney. Put those people on the Ferry and keep the monorail for RESORT guests only. I remember having to show my resort ID years ago to get onto the resort monorail -- I think they need to bring that back!!
    Nov88off/Nov89Poly/May91Poly/Nov92 Poly/Dec93Doubletree/Nov94Poly/Nov95 Contemp/Aug 96 Swan&Dolphin/Sep 99 Portofino Bay /Dec 99 GF/Apr 01 Disneyland Paris 1 day visit/Dec 02 GF/Nov 03 Grand Californian/Dec 04 GF/Dec 05 Dec 06 Poly/Dec 07 GF/Nov 09 Nov 10 Poly/Nov 11 Poly/Nov 12 Poly/Nov 13 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    I have not read the whole discussion, but let me tell you about our experience. In Sept, we were caught at the Poly after a late dinner. When we went to the Monorail entrance, there was a cast member there who directed us to the bus area where we were able to catch a bus from the Poly directly to our resort. It was all about the timing. We were done right about the same time the Luau let out and this is a service they provide for the Luau guests. I am not sure when you will be done at the Poly, but this is an option that worked for us.

Another option is to ferry from the Poly to MK and then catch a bus to POP.

I don't think they will leave anyone stranded. Just ask and they will tell you the best way to reach your destination.

But, for the record, I too think the new monorail shut-down policy is pretty lousy.
    Thank you! The ferry might be kind of nice, actually!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Every service cut is a savings to the corporation.

One-stay-at-time guests like me can rant and say if enough cuts take place I will go to WDW less...

...but what about people who have paid in advance for decades of BLT? They're called DVC members who have BLT as their 'home'. Yeah, I know the Disney Corp didn't promise them monorail service but boy would I be disappointed.
    We are, especially with the quickly rising maint. dues. Largest percentage increase in dues (this year) of all the DVC resorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home from a 3 day stay. Interestingly, they now have monorail hours posted with the park, parade and EMH hours on their info leaflet.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Just got home from a 3 day stay. Interestingly, they now have monorail hours posted with the park, parade and EMH hours on their info leaflet.
    I wish they would post them on their website as well now since it appears to be long standing.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: