Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
My daughter and friends went to WDW a few weeks ago and we all just went to Disneyland California and they were both the best visits we have had in at least 15 years. It was so nice not having to do any advanced planning or dealing with running back and forth for fastpass times. We did have to make park reservations for specific days but other than that we just showed up and picked a direction and rolled with it. After those trips, we all agreed that we wish they would just never bring back any form of fastpasses at all.
I'll second that statement! Despite the reservation system, somewhat shorter hours and not having fireworks, our recent June trip was probably our best ever. I think part of it was the kids bringing friends which made it a really great experience and lots of options for visiting and traveling the parks. However, I've got to say that not having FP+ was fantastic! Our longest wait was about 85 minuntes for AFOP. Most waits weren't mush more that 20 minutes and even attractions like 7DMT or Slink Dog were only about 60 to 70 minutes. I say death to FP+ and all equivalents! That is unless of course Disney did all virtual queues for it's E ticket attractions. Certainly the technology is there to do it.