Me and DH
DD – 15 and 14
DS – 12
And 24 more grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles, nephews and nieces, and cousins galore!

Our first day at HS today! We arrived not too long after opening. We had FP+ for TSM and ToT. We also rode RnRC several times and ToT again, and the Great Movie Ride. We had lunch at the ABC Commissary during a downpour; again, I had roasted salmon and it was good! We were lucky enough to get there before the rain really started coming down, so had a spot for everyone in our large group as they trickled in. We did the Frozen sing along during the afternoon. It was cute! And nice in the A/C. We also spent a lot of time pin trading, and everyone met up again in the afternoon for snacks at Starbucks. Gotta love a free any drink any size snack!! I just wish I had remembered to scan my Starbucks card each time.

Dinner was at the 50’s Prime Time Cafe. We had two reservations – one for 10 at 6:10, and one for 14 at 6:30. When I checked in, the gal told me I couldn’t check in the second group until the first group was seated. I thought it was strange, but I didn’t push it. When they seated the first group, I told the gal that called us what they had said, and she looked at me like I was crazy. So I checked the second group in and we waited for another hour. When I went to check around 7:30, the two people in front of me were in line for the same reason – they had 6:30 reservations and had not been seated yet. We were finally seated and the manager was very accommodating. He came out to apologize before we were seated and asked what complimentary appetizer he could get us. We opted for onion rings, and they were not only absolutely necessary to get us through to our meal, but they were yummy!

I had the sampler, which includes fried chicken, pot roast, and meatloaf. It was all very good, but the pot roast was by far my favorite. Another member of our party thought the fried chicken was the best he had ever had. One member substituted a quinoa salad for their dessert on the dining plan. I had Dad’s Brownie Sundae for dessert and it was decadent! We did not get out of the restaurant until they and the park had closed, which made for a long night, but it was neat to be one of the last people there. No swimming tonight, because it was too late!