Quantcast What is your Disney "Breaking Point"?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

DITTO!!!!!

I feel like I've entered the twilight zone. No complaining or negativity - just many posters who appreciate the overall experience. Thank you azcavalier for starting this thread.

I've been a Disney fanatic since childhood and will be one forever. Everything that has already been written in this thread could have been written by me. I'll never reach the point of "never again". For me, WDW and DLR always have been and always will be my favorite vacation places. In just about 3-1/2 months I'll be heading back to WDW; and yes, I'm working on plans for the next trip in Spring 2016. Watch out for me. When I'm not visiting one of my favorite attractions, enjoying one of my favorite performers, or riding one of my favorite rides, I'll be relaxing on a bench, enjoying a Mickey bar, listening to the sounds around me, and people-watching somewhere in WDW and loving life.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

You can see from my signature how many times we travel to WDW, not as often as many on these boards. We love Disney, but are limited by our budget and we have others things we want to do. We're probably done for a while until we have grandchildren who are old enough to enjoy it.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    We're probably done for a while until we have grandchildren who are old enough to enjoy it.
    I've thought about that, too. My oldest had his last day of high school today. He'll be leaving on a mission this summer, will return in two years and start college...at which time he'll start dating pretty seriously. I could see him married inside of four or five years. Then grandkids won't be too far behind.....and my oldest daughter is only three years behind him. In ten years, I imagine i'll be a grandpa. And man, I can't wait to start taking Grandkids to WDW! That'll make it feel like a whole new world, I imagine. My wife has started thinking about adding to the DVC points just for that reason.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

manutd1 Guest

No breaking point here!! We go every two years.....sometimes more often. It gets BETTER each time. The parks are immaculate and we always have a wonderful time. The kids love WDW and DLR. Yes, it does get more expensive...But thats fine. I work more overtime if i need to but we always do a 7 day trip. It just never gets old. Our next trip to the World is 2017. Hopefully Disneyland Summer of 16!! We just returned May 9th after a fantastic 7 day trip to WDW.

As another poster stated....Disney is in my blood...(along with Vegas) And, until I'm dead......I'm going back and back....
    Nothing negative about a Disney vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been at least once a year for the last 24 years and sometimes 2 or 3 times in a 12 month period. While I would love to go back to Disneyland ( haven't been since 1970) I don't think I could go to that park as often as WDW (if I lived closer). WDW has so much to do and with a park hopper, I do not get bored. I like not having to drive, having so many choices of activities and dining options. Don't have any other vacation plans - I like my 2 hour plane ride and I feel like I am going "home" each visit. Other trips seem to be more stressful planning. Can't wait for December and our 8 nights at SOG!

I know families that go on cruises every year. That sounds boring to me. Have been on one Disney cruise and I don't think I would go on another ( except maybe to Alaska).
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Eh ... things go in cycles. We still go every year and have a blast as a family every time. I'm not thrilled with the way things are now, but I have faith they'll change and improve in the future.

In the meantime, DW and I enjoy the heck out of the time we spend in WDW with our four kids and wouldn't trade that time for the world.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    In the meantime, DW and I enjoy the heck out of the time we spend in WDW with our four kids and wouldn't trade that time for the world.

We like to go down at least once a year and have been doing so since our youngest was 6 months old, he is now 11. We like to see more than do at WDW. We enjoy walking around checking out all the parks/resorts have to offer. Our kids as they get older like to explore places we haven't spent much time at over the years. IMHO, there is always something new to do.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread!

No breaking point here yet. We go every other year and do different trips in between. We really enjoy all of our trips, but going to WDW is always exciting. Every trip has been amazing and we've got so many special memories from each and every one of them.

I don't know if we would start to feel differently if we went every year. I think that experiencing different locations helps keep the magic alive for us.

This might be the first time we go two years in a row. We went last spring and were originally planning to do a big out west road trip this year. But, with the job change, we won't have as much vacation time this year, so can't do the out west trip the way we want. So, DH brought up WDW and we're thinking about going in Aug. I know I'm just as excited!!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if we've hit a breaking point (or even if one for us exists,) but we have cut back on our visits. If you check my signature, you see our visits have larger spans than before.

I remember prior to our 2012 trip, I read so many negative posts I almost expected not to recognize Walt Disney World. In reality, it was one of our most enjoyable vacations. Customer Service was extraordinary. Our dining was excellent throughout. And wait times were very manageable.

Heading back in September, once again negative posts have me concerned we will have a "Less-Than-Magical Vacation." In all likelihood, Customer Service will be its usual outstanding self; FastPass+ will probably be a non-issue (or maybe even an enhancer); and our trip will be great and family will be asking, "When are we coming back?"

Price has lengthened the time between trips for us. We used to purchase an Annual Pass and take at least two trips on one pass. (Three sometimes.) Now, four APs will cost nearly $2,800. Add airfare, and you can see a main reason for fewer trips. This was also the first time we questioned attending the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - one of our favorite events. At nearly $300 for the four of us, it is at the tipping point. Any more, and we will say, "No!" to that.

I'm sure there is a breaking point for us somewhere. I know we haven't hit it yet. My DD12 is a HUGE Harry Potter fan and I feel quite confident I can plan a Universal trip for significantly less than one at WDW. But DW will say, "We can't be that close to Disney and not go."

No breaking point yet.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Sylvia;2456475]DITTO!!!!!

I feel like I've entered the twilight zone. No complaining or negativity - just many posters who appreciate the overall experience. Thank you azcavalier for starting this thread. QUOTE]

This has been a relative breath of fresh air. We haven't been able to go for 7 years and are finally leaving in 13 days for a much needed trip and my youngest son's first trip. Can't wait and am vowing not to have to wait this long again! Sure there are things that could be better but that's always the case. For me, it's the memories of my childhood at WDW and past trips and now being able to pass that on to my two boys that makes Disney so wonderful. No attraction problems or negativity can take away from that!
    1979 - WDW Contemporary Resort
    1982 - Disneyland
    1988 - WDW Contemporary Resort
    1996 - WDW Disney Villas
    1999 - WDW Disney Institute
    2002 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 - WDW Coronado Springs
    2008 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
    2010 - Disneyland
    2015 - WDW Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I feel like I've entered the twilight zone. No complaining or negativity - just many posters who appreciate the overall experience.
    Yeah... this has been an issue for me here on the forums for quite a while. It used to be a "magical place" to visit. Not so much anymore.

I mentioned my feelings about this to the Admins a while back. It has tended to be a big pot of negativity as the verbose 'armchair quarterbacks' rant and rant about how bad Disney is in so many ways. In thread after thread. What amazes me is that these folks are still here on a Disney focused site. If it is so bad and so totally hopeless and so doomed to failure...... I wonder why they still hang around. Other than to rant.

Can Disney be better? Of course. Do they sometimes make mistakes? Yes. Are there some poor Cast members? Yes. Is it expensive? Yes. Does it get crowded? Yes. Has my family ever had a negative experience? Yes. Are they making a lot of money? Yes. Is it hot in Florida in the summer? Yes. Are some attractions outdated? Yes. Do we want them to update faster? Yes.

But you know...... it can also be a darn lot of fun. I think that the larger number of positives FAR outweigh the smaller amount of negatives. By FAR!

You often bring your own expectations with you wherever you go....... and if you are looking for certain things... you'll often find them. If you are looking for problems... you'll frequently find them. If you are looking for positive stuff... you'll likely find that stuff too.

So yes.. this thread basically started out as a nice breath of 'fresh air".

best,

...................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: