Quantcast The Franklin's "sleep when we're dead" trip 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Franklin's "sleep when we're dead" trip 2014

25 Sept - 09 Oct POFQ
    Cast: Me - Jo - 44
    Deb - sister - 40
    Rosie - niece - 13

Thought it was about time I wrote a quick trip report from our amazing trip - I wish we were still there! I never get tired of WDW no matter how many times I visit.
    This was the first time we used magical express and it was fantastic - no long wait, the staff were really friendly and helpful and made the journey to hotel quick and painless after a long (9 hour) flight.
    We had used the My disney experience app to plan and had purchased the memory maker.
    We did get to grips with the fast pass plus - although found it difficult to get any the later in the day. We made good use of the single rider lines - I don't remember a time where I rode test track, RNRC, SM, SplM, BTMR, ToT and EE so many times!You discover that this is what you have to do to keep a 13 year old happy - no sitting and people watching for me!
    We saw Starship at eat to the beat and went to the Halloween party (we were in our neon 80s gear if you saw us).
    We LOVED all the Starbucks - iced coffee, frappacino, latte - we normally don't drink that much coffee but the caffeine helped to keep us going!
    We managed to catch the last Frozen fireworks and all the extras going on in DHS the first weekend and we did the singalong twice which was great fun and something different.
    The first week the crowds were really low and everything was pretty much walk on - but we did have some extremely heavy downpours - one day we stayed on the people mover in MK 3 times until the rain stopped. It was incredibly humid and we had some thunder and lightening too most days. We managed to do the mine train at rope drop and get a fast pass for BOG. The second week however was very hot with beautiful blue cloudless skies - this seemed to bring out the crowds - especially in MK which was CRAZY.
    My niece still wanted pictures with characters which was lovely, although no autograph book - we even met talking Mickey!
    Most of the time the buses were good apart from coming back from TL where you transfer to EPCOT and then transfer to your hotel.
    Anyway, if you said to me I could go back tomorrow I would!
    And I am loving all the Intercot facebook pictures at California DL - it was 1995 when I went there and these pics are making me want to go again now.
    On the whole the trip was fantastic and very harmonious most of the time
    Jo

Next trip Sept 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011 - POFQ
    Oct 2009 - POFQ
    April 2008 - off site
    Nov 2006 - CBR
    March 2005 - Disneyland Paris
    Oct 2004 - AKL
    April 2003 - off site
    Dec 1997 - off site
    June 1995 - Disney California

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice trip ladies!!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you had a lovely trip!

We made good use of the single rider lines - I don't remember a time where I rode test track, RNRC, SM, SplM, BTMR, ToT and EE so many times!
    Sounds like my kind of trip. Thanks for taking the time to post your memories!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Fun!! Fun!! Fun!! You ladies certainly had a wonderful trip!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: