Quantcast 20th Anniversary Land & Sea Day 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20th Anniversary Land & Sea Day 8

We were in Nassau, the Bahamas when we woke up on Friday, August 8. We got ready and were at breakfast in Cabanans on deck 11 at about 9am. We would have liked to have been to breakfast sooner except 2 young men took way too long to get ready. So, I ended up only being able to get about a half-cup of the brown colored water they called coffee before we had to leave to go meet for our port adventure.

We met in 687, a bar on deck 4 aft, for our Sea & See Tour at 9:45am. We all received Timon stickers and we had to follow Maxx to off the ship to meet our tour guide. We were transferred to our guide who took us to a smaller dock area of the pier where the cruise ships dock. Here we boarded a small boat that took us to the Sea Explorer. On our trip to the Sea Explorer, we were told about a lot of the expensive homes on Nassau. This is also where my lack of coffee turned into a headache.

We boarded the Sea Explorer and went down into the hull, which is lined with windows. The movement of the boat kicked my headache up a notch. We spent about an hour looking at fish, which was cool. We didn't see any sharks, and I didn't see the baracuda or the turtle that were by our boat during the tour.

We boarded the small boat again and were taken back to a different part of the pier for the bus tour portion of our port adventure. We had a tour of some parts of Nassau and were dropped off for about 20 minutes at Fort Fincastle. There were a bunch of shops, which we had been hoping to avoid by going on the tour. We reboarded our bus without buying anything and ended up being dropped off at the Straw Market at the end, for more shopping if you wanted. We won't be doing that port adventure again (I'd take the Sea portion, though). The bus tour side was quite the contrast to the million+ dollar homes. It was worse than the bad parts of Detroit; a lot of the homes had no doors or windows.

We picked up some vanilla for Sharon's mom on our way back to the Dream. I had at least one person try to pick my pocket on our way back to the port security check point. I didn't bring my wallet and had my IDs zipped in a front pocket.

We reboarded the Dream and Sharon, Mark, & I changed into our swim suits. We tried the Aqua Duck. We had about a 45 minute wait in line. The Aqua Duck was OK. I could take it or leave it, though I wouldn't wait 45 minutes for it again. We then spent some time in the main pools on deck 11 before heading back to our state room where my headache really kicked it up. I layed down with a pillow over my head after taking some Motrin. I missed dinner at Animator's Palate, which everyone else enjoyed. I eventually fell asleep and woke up around 7pm feeling much better.

I grabbed some dinner at Flo's V8 Cafe on deck 11 after everyone else got back from dinner at Animator's Palate. Mark & I then went to see Villain's Tonight in the Walt Disney Theatre and Justin & Sharon went to see Maleficent in the Buena Vista Theatre.

After our show, Mark & grabbed some ice cream and then staked out a spot for all of us on deck 12 for the Buccaneer Bash. We were along the railing looking down at deck 11; people kept sending their kids up by legs which was really annoying. On little kid was standing right behind me and I didn't know it. I moved my feet and ended up stepping on him. I felt a little bad, but the parents should have known better. Justin & Sharon joined us and we enjoyed the little show with Captain Jack Sparrow and the fireworks.

When the show was over, we grabbed some ice cream and then called it a night.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the headache. I think every shore excursion builds in a stop at a gift shop of some kind!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Sorry for the headache. I think every shore excursion builds in a stop at a gift shop of some kind!!!
    Just like a theme park attraction! Well know better for next time.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks having a headache, then going out on a boat. I already get sea sick. Glad to hear you got rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    That stinks having a headache, then going out on a boat. I already get sea sick. Glad to hear you got rid of it.
    I was worried about getting seasick but none of us has any problems with that. Fortunately my headache was caffeine-related.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the headache it sounds like a pretty nice day.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always surprised at how nervy some people are with their kids. Especially at a fireworks show when everyone has a good view looking up!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your caffeine related pain...I have a habit of carrying 'WakeUps' - essentially caffeine pills - with me when travelling, since I am beyond addicted to coffee and am TERRIBLE company if I haven't had any.

I know, I know, coffee addiction isn't good but I'm 53 and not going to change any time soon..
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: