I see Scoop often enough that he recognizes me. He is typically out early in the day on Main Street, and he'll be out for maybe 20-30 minutes at a time, a few times a day. His schedule varies, but weekdays are usually better for catching him than weekends. Most of the Citizens of Main Street know each others' schedules, so if you see the Fire Chief or the Mayor or the Suffragette, you can ask them if Scoop is "in town."

Scoop is a sweet, super friendly guy, and incredibly knowledgeable about pins. He does teach, and appreciate, good trading etiquette. If you're planning to seek him out, wear your pins on a lanyard that day. Remember to say please and thank you, and ask politely if he's trading.

It's been awhile since I've seen him play "secret pin trader", but that used to be his best schtick. He'd have pins on his suspenders, facing in, so you would pick one from the left suspender, then one from the right. If they matched, you'd get both pins and a bonus pin. Either way, you got two for one, and they were pretty much always Hidden Mickey pins. So that was fun.

Be sure to compliment him on his lovely pet dogs, Butterscotch and Licorice. (It's one of those vintage wood toys that has the two dog cutouts on wheels.) They do tricks.

Happy trading!