Quantcast Unbelievable Comments Made By Cast Member - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    The cast member said the wrong thing but do you know what a person who makes $10 a hour can NEVER do? Book a Walt Disney World Vacation.

I see thread after thread on this board, "We always stay 2 weeks... we only eat signature... we just added another home resort to our DVC portfolio..."

Now you people expect $10 CMs to dance around the room and sing like Mary Poppins when you walk in the room?

If a person works a guest facing job at WDW they should save all the real complaints they have for their friends after work.

The guests wouldn't understand anyway.
    ^^^ I love this response ^^^
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

These Millennials...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    LOL, I hear you! And agree.

In all seriousness though, it shouldn't make a difference according to some in the thread. No matter what the person is making in any job they should never say anything negative to a customer, from what I read anyway.
    When you are in customer service, you should NEVER be negative with a customer... NEVER... I worked customer service before... We were always told, no matter how bad of a day you are having (and management was understanding we were human and would have bad days), never kick up an attitude or talk negatively with a customer... It is never alright even if the customer is sympathetic to you... Your company is portrayed in a negative light with those customers you are rude to, or talk negatively with... Your company looks evil (most are anyway), and vile (most are anyway)... Why talk negatively about your day (or in this CMs case, your pay) to a customer who probably doesn't care and only wants to be serviced?? Now you out negative thoughts in this customer's head, that customer pulls business away... Do it enough times, lost business means loss of jobs...

There is a time and place for such conversations... In front of and to customers is NOT the time or place...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    When you are in customer service, you should NEVER be negative with a customer... NEVER... I worked customer service before... We were always told, no matter how bad of a day you are having (and management was understanding we were human and would have bad days), never kick up an attitude or talk negatively with a customer... It is never alright even if the customer is sympathetic to you... Your company is portrayed in a negative light with those customers you are rude to, or talk negatively with... Your company looks evil (most are anyway), and vile (most are anyway)... Why talk negatively about your day (or in this CMs case, your pay) to a customer who probably doesn't care and only wants to be serviced?? Now you out negative thoughts in this customer's head, that customer pulls business away... Do it enough times, lost business means loss of jobs...

There is a time and place for such conversations... In front of and to customers is NOT the time or place...

Well said....
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading these posts and it brings to mind something my father told me when I first started working. "Never bite the hands that feed you" so in other words, never speak poorly of your employer. They have given you a job and it is your responsibility to do the right thing and not complain about it. I live by that and tried to instill that in my daughter as well. It does not reflect well on anyone when an employee is bashing their employer. No job is perfect..if it was, we would all have the same job! I hope that the employee will someday realize that everything is not given to you on a silver platter day one of any job. If you are not happy with your wage or station, seek out other opportunities or higher education. If you are unwilling or unable to do those things and must remain in the job you have, "Don't bite the hands that feed you".

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I agree. I don't want to give the impression that I don't. I was just responding to when BrerNat said that it may be different if you ask how the person working, is. Personally, I still don't think it's okay to talk bad either.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I agree. I don't want to give the impression that I don't. I was just responding to when BrerNat said that it may be different if you ask how the person working, is. Personally, I still don't think it's okay to talk bad either.
    Even if asked, you NEVER give any sense of negativity or unhappiness to a customer.. No matter what, any customer service employee should NEVER EVER discuss working conditions, pay, or unhappiness with current employer to a customer... If I was a manager for a customer service group, and one of my employees did something like that, they wouldn't have a job anymore... At the least, I would write them up with a last and final warning...

I didn't mean to infer you thought that when I quoted your post... I missed BrerNat's post, saw yours...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Even if asked, you NEVER give any sense of negativity or unhappiness to a customer.. No matter what, any customer service employee would NEVER EVER discuss working conditions, pay, or unhappiness with current employer to a customer...

I didn't mean to infer you thought that when I quoted your post... I missed BrerNat's post, saw yours...
    Oh no, you're fine I do agree 100%
    25 years ago, I cleaned houses for a living, scrubbed toilets, picked up after spoiled rich kids and spoiled adults that acted like children. They were snobby, looked down on the poor, etc. HOWEVER, they did employ me, they paid me! They never knew how sad their lives really made me.
    Service with a smile, a yes ma'am and sir, and happy customers!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

The cast member said the wrong thing but do you know what a person who makes $10 a hour can NEVER do? Book a Walt Disney World Vacation.

I see thread after thread on this board, "We always stay 2 weeks... we only eat signature... we just added another home resort to our DVC portfolio..."

Now you people expect $10 CMs to dance around the room and sing like Mary Poppins when you walk in the room?

If a person works a guest facing job at WDW they should save all the real complaints they have for their friends after work.

I agree and think you made a good point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post

Kids (I'm talking early 20's and younger), really do feel entitled anymore. Know why? Just look at the shows they watch! Whether it's reality or sitcom/dramas, almost all of the teens and young adults have money. They are buying high end designers, driving nice shiny new cars.... and think it's perfectly fine.

When I was a teenager, I would have NEVER dreamed of spending hundreds on a Coach (or other brand) handbag. $150 for a pair of pumps??? $300 for boots????? I didn't even start buying my cosmetics at Sephora until 5-6 years ago. Yes, I'll spend $35 on a lipgloss now, but not when I was a kid! My niece (who's 19) has been spending that on cosmetics for several YEARS now.

Now, let's not over-generalize. Some of us in our early twenties still know how to work hard. I've worked three jobs and done full-time school for three years now, graduating a year early this May. And my parents surly aren't paying for my "stuff". If I want something, like my annual pass, I'll save for months before I purchase it. :P

His comment was completely out of line, though. I would love to make $10/hour to direct people in a line. I don't think it's solely because of his age, he's just one of those people that doesn't know what "good" is until it's gone.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I have worked in customer service for 20 years. To me it is never appropriate to discuss your wages with customers or co workers. I have had customers ask me how much I make an hour. Also if anyone asks how I am I say great. I never talk bad about my employer, even when a customer is complaining about something that only my boss can fix but hasn't. They sign my paycheck for which I am grateful. There is a selfish way to look at doing a good job and showing a positive attitude, other people are watching you and could offer you a better paying job or other opportunity. I have been so fortunate to do a job that I love my entire life. Working with customers is the best job ever. The many happy ones far out weigh the few that aren't..
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

I've never encountered a CM at WDW who didn't positively respond to simple human courtesy.
    Agreed. While I pay for a "magical" experience and to be treated with higher-than-usual standards, I'm okay with people being people. I like to ask cast members how their day is going. Sometimes it's wonderful, other times they're honest and they're having a less than good day. You know what, venting helps people. After they see that someone cares, they better than they were before and the next guest gets some Disney magic. I'm not there to be a therapist (and they don't expect me to), but I appreciate the work they do and it's not hard to be kind to other people.

Now, I don't expect rudeness and I wouldn't be pleased if I was in the line. But you know what, for that ONE jerk cast member there are THOUSANDS of wonderful cast members who make my vacation wonderful. Let's not let that point go unseen.

Also, I'm really tired of people complaining about "millennials." I'm sorry, but baby boomers had (and still have) their issues too. Plenty were "slackers" who "didn't have a real job" and treated their elders with lack of respect. Some people are responsible and others are not. Some are worthless, others are not. I'm slightly older than "kids these days," but don't cast my peers into the same worthless heap.

Post Thanks / Like

Comparing it to some of the things I saw and heard on my last trip, this CM isn't the worst one out there. I know a lot of people have tried to deny the CM decline, but I have to say it was pretty obvious. I don't think the state of CM has much to do with age and everything with management goals and corporate strategy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm one of those people who tends to give others the benefit of the doubt, probably to a fault. However, nothing makes what this CM did excusable. Could there have been valid reasons he was feeling that way? Sure. But like every other grown up (of no particular age group ) he's responsible for his actions and learning when it's appropriate to vent, and when it isn't. If he got fired for it, it's his own fault entirely. I know if I had done that at any job I've ever held, I would have gotten fired, and rightfully so. And, to the OP, so sorry you had to listen to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    ^^^ I love this response ^^^
    Indeed. At a company banking a huge profit, I'm wondering how they can't afford to compensate a bit better than that. Clearly they aren't too concerned about rolling that revenue back into their employees. I worked at a company that posted REVENUE around .2% of Disney's PROFIT and they never dreamed of asking people to work for less than $20 an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Indeed. At a company banking a huge profit, I'm wondering how they can't afford to compensate a bit better than that. Clearly they aren't too concerned about rolling that revenue back into their employees. I worked at a company that posted REVENUE around .2% of Disney's PROFIT and they never dreamed of asking people to work for less than $20 an hour.
    That is easy to say when you aren't the one cutting the payroll checks every two weeks. Do the math. Make some assumptions about the average number of hours worked weekly at the average pay. Disney World has an astronomical payroll every year. Slight raises translate to HUGE increases overall. It's a balance.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that you may be having a bad day and**you may not be as perky as usual, but I honestly don't feel there's ever a reason to treat another person bad our make them uncomfortable. I work in a chiropractor's office as front desk, and fortunately all of our patients are awesome, but my hubby works in fast food and has had food literally thrown at him several times and still answers with a smile. Customer service always comes first, that's how you get repeat business, which keeps you a job. Whats really a shame is that even if that CM had a bad experience with a previous ungrateful guest, that the guests in line and the other CM had to pay for it. And if his interest were to have a Disney vacation he could. Between my hubby and I, we don't make very much, but are able to save for a Disney vacation this year. It really depends on what your interested in and what your willing to go without to get it. Just my opinion
    Married my prince charming Nov 10, 2013!!
    Nov '13 honeymoon trip at AoA
    Sept '14 Upcoming trip at AoA

Many trips since '85
    Addicted to Pixie Dust since Birth!
    Tomorrow Is Just a Dream Away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poohluv85 View Post
    I understand that you may be having a bad day and**you may not be as perky as usual, but I honestly don't feel there's ever a reason to treat another person bad our make them uncomfortable. I work in a chiropractor's office as front desk, and fortunately all of our patients are awesome, but my hubby works in fast food and has had food literally thrown at him several times and still answers with a smile. Customer service always comes first, that's how you get repeat business, which keeps you a job. Whats really a shame is that even if that CM had a bad experience with a previous ungrateful guest, that the guests in line and the other CM had to pay for it. And if his interest were to have a Disney vacation he could. Between my hubby and I, we don't make very much, but are able to save for a Disney vacation this year. It really depends on what your interested in and what your willing to go without to get it. Just my opinion
    So true!!
    And enjoy your vacation!! My husband and I have struggled over the last several years as we've worked to get our family in a better position and it is paying off. Let me say that those times at Disney sure did refresh me and keep me going

Post Thanks / Like

So true!!
    And enjoy your vacation!! My husband and I have struggled over the last several years as we've worked to get our family in a better position and it is paying off. Let me say that those times at Disney sure did refresh me and keep me going
    Thank you Terra! And it's so worth the struggle, nothing refreshes better than pixie dust hehe
    Married my prince charming Nov 10, 2013!!
    Nov '13 honeymoon trip at AoA
    Sept '14 Upcoming trip at AoA

Many trips since '85
    Addicted to Pixie Dust since Birth!
    Tomorrow Is Just a Dream Away

Post Thanks / Like

I agree totally with this post. It must be a challenge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: