Quantcast Entertainment at Boardwalk

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Entertainment at Boardwalk

Can anyone tell me what kind of outside entertainment they may have at the Boardwalk Resort, such as street performers, etc.

Is there much to see and do in the evenings if just walking around? Are there any walk up places to eat or would we need to plan and make reservations somewhere? trying to keep the specific planning as light as possible.

On Monday 8/19 we plan on spending the day at Epcot and then hopping to DHS for EMH in the evening. I was thinking we could walk over to the Boardwalk, walk around and check things out, maybe grab dinner. We could then take a boat from there to DHS. It will be DW, DS and DD (almost 16 y/o twins) and myself so looking for something age appropriate.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been a couple of years since we stayed there but I remember watching jugglers & stilt walkers. In all fairness it did rain most of the time so they may not have been out. They had some carnival type games too but again some were closed up due to the weather. My boys were 14 and 17 at the time and enjoyed the atmosphere and games.

Both ESPN and Big River Grill are located on the BW and do not accept reservations so you'd be good for a walk-up. If there is some major sporting event on TV ESPN tends to get crowded.

Since the boat from Epcot to DHS stops there anyway I think it's worth the stop to look around.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last trip

Last trip we saw Juggling and a magic show performed and you always have the shops

Post Thanks / Like

Last year was our first visit to Boardwalk and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I know they had magic acts and some other kind of performers (I just can't remember...it's age creeping up on me). We actually ate at Captain's Grille before we walked over. There is also Cape May where you could eat. One daughter wanted a snack so she got an ice cream sundae (can't remember the name of the place but its on the Boardwalk). It was big enough for 3 people.

I would say if you haven't been there, go!!!! You will enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Your teens would love Beaches & Cream in the Beach Club. No reservations allowed and the food is great. Typical burgers, fries, onion rings, milkshakes and amazing sundaes. They also have "The Kitchen Sink" a huge sundae made of pretty much anything you can think of- including some full size chocolate bars. Great for teenagers!

There are buskers of various types on the Boardwalk but we've never been able to nail down a specific time when we'd see them. Eg. one night at 8pm they're there, next night at 8pm they weren't there. Maybe someone else knows the schedule.

Have a wonderful vacation!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site