Quantcast Favorite Hidden Spots in the Parks - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The Carousel of Progress! LOL

I would agreewith the China theater entrance. A great place to cool off, people watch, and enjoy ancient Chinese art. I spent an hour in there recently giving one of the kids a nap.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I love the garden behind the tea shop in The UK in Epcot (just past our very own Column). It's so pretty, and unless the Beatles band is playing, it's always very peaceful.
    I agree, we always grab some fish and chips then head back to the garden! Also great spot to get Pooh and Tigers autograph!
    1982 Off Site 4 Days
    2006 All Star Music 10 Days
    2008 Pop Century 10 Days

2009 all star movies 10 days
    2010 all star Music 5 days
    2011 Port Orleans Riverside 10 days
    2013 Port Orleans Riverside 9 days
    2015 Caribbean Resort 10 Days

Post Thanks / Like

Push the Talking Trash Can at Magic Kingdom is great. My kids love him. We always have to stop and wait for Push.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I discovered the cabanas at the Contemporary on our last visit in February. There are two on the corners of the circular quiet pool that juts out into the water. Two others are closer to the main pool. You can book them for a morning, an afternoon, or the whole day.
    We rented ours from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and it was one of the most relaxing, stress-free days we've ever spent at Disney.
    We already have one reserved for our trip in December. We like to go midweek to take it easy and recharge our batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

What about the secret column outside of Rose & Crown?
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    What about the secret column outside of Rose & Crown?
    Oh I LOVE the Rose & Crown - that's definitely a must-see on the list!
    Kati
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Last Trip: September, 2011: Beach Club
    Next Trip: September, 2012: Port Orleans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOG View Post
    Here is one of my favorite spots and things to do. Arrive early for rope drop at the Magic Kingdom, early so that you are close to the front. Enjoy the show and when the rope drops hurry to the bakery on the right side on main street. Order one of the lunker Cinnamon rolls and a coffee and grab a seat by a window. Sit there wake up drinking the coffee and eating one of the best foods on Disney property and watch all the crowd roll by.
    I couldn't agree more. Did this a couple of years ago and it is still one of my fondest memories!
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two that I never see mentioned anywhere:

1. Everyone on these boards knows about the upper floor of Columbia Harbour House by now...but did you know Pinocchio's Village Haus has an upstairs too? It's not always open, but when it is, there are four or five tables on a balcony up there overlooking FL (and now the construction for FLE).

2. Watch the fireworks from Frontierland. The show is a little different, but it's always empty.

Oh, and one more...between the Yacht & Beach Club and the Boardwalk there's a little fountain and lawn. Incredibly secluded. And finally, one that others know about, but I haven't seen on this thread...always walk all the way to the back of the World Showcase pavilions. Most guests only go to the first few shops, and they miss the museum in the back of Japan, or the quiet streets in the back of Morocco.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

In MK, be sure to visit Aloha Isle! To the right of the stand there is a big, empty area that is near what I believe is a character meet and greet! When we went in June, we stopped by after Wishes! to grab a Dole Whip and chill out on the floor while the park cleared out so that we could get a good seat for the 11pm Spectromagic! We ate, and then moseyed over to Main Street and got an incredible seat right on the curb! I would definitely recommend this plan of action- we had a group of about 35 and it worked flawlessly, so I'm sure with two of you, it would be a piece of cake!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    I've got two that I never see mentioned anywhere:

1. Everyone on these boards knows about the upper floor of Columbia Harbour House by now...but did you know Pinocchio's Village Haus has an upstairs too? It's not always open, but when it is, there are four or five tables on a balcony up there overlooking FL (and now the construction for FLE).

2. Watch the fireworks from Frontierland. The show is a little different, but it's always empty.

Oh, and one more...between the Yacht & Beach Club and the Boardwalk there's a little fountain and lawn. Incredibly secluded. And finally, one that others know about, but I haven't seen on this thread...always walk all the way to the back of the World Showcase pavilions. Most guests only go to the first few shops, and they miss the museum in the back of Japan, or the quiet streets in the back of Morocco.
    i agree w WS, dont see many people in those parts.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

There have been some great responses to this thread, some I already knew about and a couple I can't wait to check out. I'll try to add a couple new ones:

Make time to witness the flag ceremony at 5pm in the MK right in Town Square on Main Street. I saw this a couple years ago and it moved me in a way that is very difficult to explain.

During MNSSHP we usually try to grab a bite to eat at Cosmic Rays right before the fireworks, then sit on the ledge outside of Cosmic Rays (facing the Castle of course) and watch the fireworks. No, you can't see everything, but it works for us. And, if we are still eating when it is over, we go back in and check out Sonny Eclipse for the remainder of our meal.

On one visit we found that the bathrooms by Animation Courtyard don't seem to be used as much as many of the others. Actually, they didn't seem very intuitive as to where they were located. The best part of this experience was the water fountains - the water was SOOO cold!! We drank and drank and then filled our water bottles. Plus there were shaded areas to just sit and take a rest.

At EPCOT, I love to stop at Club Cool. That is a nice cool place to stop and get a free refreshment (I don't even mind the Beverly drink) and it never seems to be all that crowded.

And in Italy, it is nice to try to time your visit to grab a glass of wine and grab one of the small tables out to the side of the wine shop right before the street performers start.

And one last thought, if you are purchasing any of the PhotoPass CDs, make sure you tell every PhotoPass Photographer that you have purchased it because sometimes they will do a lot more than the norm. We once had a bored PhotoPass photographer in Italy take us all around the area for at least 20 different backgrounds and poses. It was really an awesome and magical experience.

Have Fun and Good Luck!!!
    Tom

Urbs
    Cresson, PA

Off Site - 76, 79, 82, 90
    Dixie Landings - 97
    Contemporary - 03
    ASM - 9/08
    PC 10/09 & 10/10
    FQ 11/12
    BW & CB 6/13
    Off Site (Parkway International) 9/13
    Shades of Green 9/14
    DCL (Wonder) 10/14
    AK Lodge & BW 5/15
    FW 9/15
    Shades of Green 3/16

Post Thanks / Like

At the MK - the Car Barn. It is to the left as you enter the MK. The Car Barn is the stable for the horses that pull the trolleys down Main Street.

There is one of those checkers tables in there. Also, there is always a CM tending to the horses who is more than happy to brag about their horses. Grab a cold drink and a snack and enjoy some quiet time in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to fort wilderness for the outdoor movie and smores. You can buy smores kits and cook em over the camp fires.
    Mmmmmmmmm Egg roll cart!

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many favorites but I will name a few:

I love sitting in the wilderness lodge lobby for hours. My husband and I like to watch people's faces as they enter the lobby. We love all the little details there. Also when it is wicked hot outside and you walk inside wilderness lodge, there is an amazing smell that only the wilderness lodge has with that much needed cool breeze that smacks you in the face.

In magic kingdom, right near the launch off for Tom sawyers island to the left is a little shady spot. I like to grab a bucket of popcorn and sit there for a while.

In animal kingdom, taking your time walking around the tree of life is very nice. Especially when the crowds have thinned out and everyone is on the rides.

In epcot, I like to sit near the entrance to future land, listen to that great music and enjoy some cinnamon almonds!!!! A must have every time I go to Disney!!

In MGM, (yes I still call it that and newbies look at me like huh? What's MGM? Lol ok Hollywood studios) I like over on the back street where the "landscapers" aka bandscapers perform. A great show on the back streets with shady spots on the benches.
    Have a magical time and to intercot!!!

Only 10 days left!!!!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I consider any spot a secret spot if I can get to a bench or chair before someone else does. Those things always have someone in them. My favorite spots would be a spot with a good view of an attraction and some ambient music.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: