Quantcast blizzard beach attire

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default blizzard beach attire

My husband and i are going to blizzard beach in late August. Do men wear other swim suits to the park besides those baggie board shorts down to the knees. He would prefer wearing a square cut suit to the park. Also attire for my self can i wear a thong there. Any recent visits would help. thank you

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When we were there, we saw just about EVERYTHING, and I mean everything! From no skin showing under the body suit, to "I don't think they are actualy wearing a bathing suit" and everything inbetween.

Most people wore traditonal men's suits (the ones that look like regular shorts), and regular one-piece or tankini/bikini type suits.

But, there was also a lot wearing a lot less! (And some people seemed to enjoy being ogled at as they walked around).

I would say to wear what you're comfortable in, but remember it is family park, so nothing too crazy would be good.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but a thong? You at Disney World, not Hedonism. Be modest!!!!
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy Creek Buccaneer View Post
    I'm sorry, but a thong? You at Disney World, not Hedonism. Be modest!!!!
    ROFKML!!!

Honestly I am like the poster one up from here. Wear whatever you are comfortable with, just wear something and remember there will be kids there and teenagers who love to...ogggle lol
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen anyone wearing a thong at a Disney water park or pool.

I really don't think that is appropriate swimwear for a place where there are young children around.

Disney asks patrons to wear "appropriate swimwear" and they do have the right to ask anyone who does not meet their criteria of appropriately dressed to change. Use your judgment, but I really hope the thong question was a joke...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

I really don't think that is appropriate swimwear for a place where there are young children around.

Disney asks patrons to wear "appropriate swimwear" and they do have the right to ask anyone who does not meet their criteria of appropriately dressed to change. Use your judgment, but I really hope the thong question was a joke...
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last week, and there were quite a few thongs. I don't know if it has something to do with the Brazilian culture, but we saw a lot of people who weren't speaking English wearing them-not just teenagers. Most men had swim trunks, but there were some wearing the Speedo type swimsuits. Wear whatever is comfortable. Me and my DD13 wore one piece swimsuits because we didn't want to have trouble with bikini tops while going down the slides.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I was there 2 weeks ago and there were a lot of Brazilians. While at lunch I was speaking with a supervisor about something else and asked about dress code. He said specifically that thongs are out but Brazilian cuts (??) are ok. I guess that means it can be small in the back but not a thong. He said they go around and ask guests to cover up if it's too much exposure. I said what about the girl behind him who was standing in line at the CS restaurant. He took a look over and said that was not within dress code and he would speak with her shortly. She had taken what I assume is a Brazilian cut and created a thong by use of a wedgy. I can't imagine walking around a water park with a bathing suit bottom wedged between my cheeks but I am a guy and for me that would be a lot of material as I wear the board short style.

I really think you need to consider that this is a family friendly park, I certainly don't mind if you want to wear less, but I don't want to have to discuss it with my kids either when they ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen thongs. Like the previous poster, they are usually worn by those from countries other than America. Same goes for mens' Speedos.

I would say they are not the norm. I wouldn't expect Disney to deem them inappropriate based on what I have seen. That being said, I would expect teenagers and kids to giggle/oogle you a bit since they are a big part of the population.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

...and don't forget, the skimpier the suit, the more likely you are to lose it on that big slide! (seriously, I've heard stories of park employees collecting bikini tops. If you plan on being active instead of just soaking up the son, you might want to go for a one piece ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    ...and don't forget, the skimpier the suit, the more likely you are to lose it on that big slide! (seriously, I've heard stories of park employees collecting bikini tops. If you plan on being active instead of just soaking up the son, you might want to go for a one piece ;-)
    Saw something like that back in 2002. Summitt Plummet can mess up your bathing suit, and then mess up your head so that you don't notice for a few seconds. She went right to the exit after that.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

If you have other suits, that aren't a thong, that would be more appropriate to wear at a family water park.

I've also never seen anyone wearing a thong at Disney water parks or resorts, and I was even there during the time the Brazillions visit.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I will reiterate what others have said. PLEASE keep in mind that this is a family friendly water park and not a natural beach on the coast of France or something like that. I know I would not want to have to answer questions from my daughter about that choice of attire. I don't know what Disney's "appropriate" attire is but I would assume a thong is not.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I went to Blizzard Beach on sunday 26th. I was able to wear my thong swimsuit riding the slides, floating on the lazy river and enjoying the wave pool with no problems. There was another lady in a black thong besides me.Plenty of women wearing string bikinis. My husband wore his square cut suit. Plenty of men wearing square cut suits . Over all we had a great time. To sum it up wear any kind of swimsuit you want to wear to the park and have a great time. We sure did.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it worked out for you!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Then again...some people have no tact.

Randy

It all started with a mouse. WD

*85 thru 98 - Offsite
    *Oct 99 - CBR
    *Aug 02 - CBR
    *May 03 - Offsite
    *May 05 - POFQ
    *Sept 05 - POFQ
    *June 07 - Offsite
    *July 07 - Offsite
    *Oct 07 - POFQ
    *Dec 07 - Offsite
    *May 08 - Offsite
    *Sept 08 - CBR
    *May 09 - POFQ
    *Lost count!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to Blizzard Beach and now I really don't think I want to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the thongs, so go for it if you want. Unless you are under 18. I saw some folks too young to be letting everything hang out.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: