Quantcast Spirit of Aloha or Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spirit of Aloha or Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

We are staying at the Polynesian in June, and have not been to either show. DKs are 9, 7, and 5. I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be if you had to chose one. We are on the dining plan. Thanks for the great input!
    WDW Trips; May 2001 - AS Movies; Oct 2003 - CSR; March 2006 Contemporary March; April 2007 AS Movies; April 2009 AS Movies; March 2010 Downtown Hilton. JUNE 2012 Polynesian!!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I will always vote for Hoop-Dee-Doo. It is just plain fun and entertaining. There seem to be mixed reviews on the Spirit of Aloha show, but HDD is always a favourite.

We've been a number of times, and will go back again. The show is fun, the food is good, nothing negative to say about it at all.

Enjoy !
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I've asked this question a couple of times, and so far haven't found ANYONE who like Spirit of Aloha. I really wanted to try it, but the opinions seemed pretty unanimous...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wait to go to the HDDR for the first time in Sept.. My co-worker and his family go every trip and they love it, so since we're all going to be in wdw at the same time, they asked me to go with them and they said I won't regret it. I've been to the luau before and probably won't do it again.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

No question, Hoop Dee Doo!

Post Thanks / Like

For what it is worth, I have heard one person say that they like the Spirit of Aloha, and her review was "It's fun to do once, it's so corny!" And even she prefers Hoop de Do.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I would say between the two I would go with Hoop De Doo...it is funny and entertaining and we would go see it again and again. We had a great time there. Slap stick comedy is always a plus for our family.
    If you have never done the Spirit of Aloha it is good and entertaining, just a little cheesy, but worth doing at least once.
    Magic is everywhere if you know where to look!

Visiting Disneyland since 1969 & Walt Disney World since 1994!

Disney Fan since birth!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hddr

just another quick vote for HDD. We were there last week and were pleasantly surprised at how great it was! My husband, easy to criticize, even commented on how tasty the food was. We had a great table in the front and our 5 yr old was even selected to go up on stage.

Only critical comment is that the sangria, while tasty - was VERY weak. We weren't looking to get drunk or even tipsy but...the word 'sangria' implies SOME alcohol (at least to us) and I would bet there was no more than a teaspoon per glass.

Everything else was GREAT!! - including the service and we were a party of 10!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick thanks for the help! HDD is booked!
    WDW Trips; May 2001 - AS Movies; Oct 2003 - CSR; March 2006 Contemporary March; April 2007 AS Movies; April 2009 AS Movies; March 2010 Downtown Hilton. JUNE 2012 Polynesian!!!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: