Quantcast Garden grill reviews needed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Garden grill reviews needed

We are booked at the Garden Grill for the first time. My DGS wants to meet Chip and Dale and I think they appear here...any info would be welcome

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my personal faves. Food is excellent... I even liked the fish and I HATE fish.

If you kids are into the characters also, it's a real no brainer. Personally I find the circular nature of the place to be great for chartacter interaction as they just loop around the circle as opposed to jumping table to table while smaller children get overlooked by face characters that can't see well and handlers shoo off the swarm of kids that attempt to interact with characters at other peoples tables.

We had a Crystal Palace dinner for instance go south after my son got upset when a character missed him. Can't happen at Garden Grill.

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE IT!!!

Really liked the food, and like PP, really liked the fish. My favorite item in the meal.

My kids LOVED it. And again, like PP, character interaction was great. And my kids had so much fun with watching the scenery go by! We are booked again for our trip this week! A must do for us now.
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just chip and dale? I thought I heard that Mickey was there too.. Anyone else?
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just chip and dale? I thought I heard that Mickey was there too.. Anyone else?
    Last time we were there there was Chip and Dale, Pluto and Mickey.

To OP, I LOVED the food there! I too even liked the fish (It was catfish that night). And I do not care for catfish, or atleast was scared to eat it, but it was really good and actually enjoyed it. There is food for any type of taste bud in my opinion.

I agree with the other posters the character interaction is by far excellent. I know for us, they spent a lot of quality time at each individual table with lots of interaction, posing for pictures (Even though posing for pictures can be somewhat tight as to not knock into someone elses table). But all in all it was a great experience. Hope to visit again soon.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! Chip, Dale, Mickey (in a Farmer Outfit) and Pluto.

We've had the BEST character interaction here, each time we've been. It is just been awesome, and we've had so much fun with them.

The food is also good, and served family-style, so you can enjoy as much as you'd like.

It really is a "must-do" for us each trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We went once and never went back. Sorry to disagree, but I remember we didn't care for the food. Would rather a buffet with a lot more choices to choose from (and better tasting in my opinion).

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Garden Grill. Love the character interaction, with farmer Mickey, Chip & Dale and Pluto. I like the lower tier, the booths make it like a private dining experience. You don't really see any other's. I like that they bring the food to you instead of getting up to refill the plates. It makes for a more relaxed character meal. You also won't miss any characters since you don't have to leave your table to get your food.

My DD was 11 all three times we went this past year, and she was able to order off of the childrens menu in addition to the regular menu. She loves her mac n cheese. We were on the dining plan all of those times.

The only thing I didn't care for was the dessert. I would rather have more of the salad they have. OHHH and the bread with the maple butter...
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

1st time we visited, we had many family members and it included several toddler and preschool aged children. It was perfect for our group of 14. The characters interacted with our group SEVERAL times - Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. There was no having to get up and miss family time because it is all you can eat family style and NOT a blasted buffet where you have to keep getting up to refill plates. It was one of the best meals that we had as a group, everyone got plenty to eat (including my teenaged twin boys), plenty to drink, and plenty of almost one-on-one character interaction.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

One of our fav's
    I didn't know much prior to going and I almost cancelled our ressie - so glad I didn't.

Loved the family style food served, there was something for everyone. Loved that my kids were eating something other than chicken fingers or pizza.

Great character dinner without all of the hustle and bustle of most other character dining experiences. It was quiet and personal, I felt we had quality time w/ the characters. Mickey even sat down w/ us for awhile. And if your kids want to meet chip & Dale, you can't go wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

Without a doubt our favorite for both food and atmosphere. You will leave absolutely stuffed! The character interaction is terrific and if you are a fan of Chip and Dale it will be heaven. They will appear at your table...over and over and over and over.......
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

We try to dine there once each trip.
    Food is decent, but not spectacular.
    DW and I are the worlds biggest kids, and we enjoy all the character interaction.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It is one of our family favorites. We get an early res. and the characters are great.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

food was good and fresh. Veggies and fish are raised there Ive heard.
    Character interaction was good also. Fiancee learned how to tell Chip and Dale apart. Id eat here again
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the reviews! We are booked at 4:45 May 8th!

Post Thanks / Like

Yummy! Enjoy
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Love the food, atmosphere, character interaction and service there! Stick with it you will enjoy it!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We eat there every time, because it is the only character dining left that includes Chip and Dale. The food is good and "garden fresh," which sometimes means the veggies are undercooked in my opinion. Served family style, all you can eat, so everyone should be able to find something they like. The kids' dessert used to be a "do-it-yourself" cupcake, which was a big hit with Crazy Girl and Chipmunk Boy.

Also, as the restaurant rotates, there are a few FABULOUS Hidden Mickeys!!
    Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

Post Thanks / Like

We have eatn at GG on our last few trips. Just got bacl from the World and didn't do GG this time - tried WCC. BIG mistake and will switch GG back into rotation for next trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been twice, with mixed results. In both cases, the character interaction was great. The first time, Chip sat down next to my DD8 (I think she was 8) and teased her for a few minutes. He pretended to eat her head, and then wrote on a napkin that she was "a nut", thus he was trying to eat her. We were all cracking up. She still talks about that, and it's been about four years.

Now, also on that trip, the food was not very good. I don't remember exactly why, but we were singularly unimpressed with it, and it was the worst meal of the trip, and we decided there was no reason to go back.

However, last year, we went to WDW with another family. My DW and I volunteered to take the all kids to dinner while the other couple went out for a special dinner somewhere else. Since we would be in Epcot, we wanted somewhere that we didn't have to let each child pick from a menu (there were 7 children total). So, we decided to give the Garden Grill another try. This time, the food was very good, and we had a great time.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: