Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
Just a few Q's and I should be able to give a little advice since I have a place here in the area.
-Are you retired or working? And as part of that where do you plan to work? (no point in giving yourself a 10 minute commute to visit Disney twice a week if you're going to give yourself an hour long commute to work 5 days a week). *My job is pretty flexiable so I will be working in the area around Disney & then also working for Disney hopefully as well.*
-Single family homes or townhomes? *Single family home*
-Do you want to live in an area with a homeowners association or no HOA? *No preference*
-Do you like newer subdivisions or older neighborhoods? *No real preference, just want somewhere safe & nice/not rundown houses and yards, etc*
-Do you want to be close enough to walk/bike to things (i.e. restaurants/shopping/etc) or are you fine with using a car to get everywhere? *I would mainly be driving places*
-Rough estimate of price ranges you're comfortable with? *No more than $1,000ish per month mortgage*
Keep in mind you could always rent for 6 months and explore the neighborhoods so you get a little bit more exposure to the different areas than you can see in a few days or week of house-hunting.
Hope this helps to answer your questions