Quantcast MLB Playoffs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Default MLB Playoffs

How has this topic not been started in here? Nothing from Yankees fans? Happy Tigers fans? We need to bring the Phillies-Cards trash talking to this forum!

Let us hear from all of you!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In that case. GO CARDS!
    '91 Grand Floridian
    '01 Caribbean Beach
    '02 Grand Floridian
    '03 Coronado Springs
    '04 Dolphin / Grand Floridan
    '07 Caribbean Beach
    '07 Disneyland
    '09 Caribbean Beach
    '10 Caribbean Beach
    '11 Pop Century
    '12 Wilderness Lodge (January/February)
    '13 Off Site Rental Home
    '14 Off Site Condo

Post Thanks / Like

St. Louis is VERY critical of it's players. But no we don't often "boo" at the end of the game because - what is the point? For example of criticism one just needs to turn to the St. Louis Post Dispatch for the on going is Pujols worth it debate. There is a large group of fans (myself included) who don't think he is moving forward.

And our coach - beaten up every year by the press.

Anyway - I personally love it when the series goes to game 5 - should be a great game.

Go Cardinals!
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

As a Red Sox fan, I'm feeling a little bit better right now that the Yankees and Rays have been eliminated. It seems odd that the vaunted AL East could not send a representative to the ALCS. Well, it's nice to see that the Lions and the Tigers are giving the beleaguered city of Detroit something to cheer about.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

See, I can't see what your local press is saying (I barely have time to read my local press and Intercot!). National media, like ESPN, seems to love your team and LaRussa. As much as I think he micromanages a game, he is very intelligent.

Interesting antedote- Tony LaRussa grew up in Tampa. His father was the trucking supervisor for the dairy my aunt's husband's family owned. When his dad passed away a few years ago, my aunt and cousin were at the viewing.

With all that said-

Go Phillies!!!

Kill the rally squirrel !!
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Leave the Squirrel Alone!

Post Thanks / Like

YES!!! One of my most hated teams in all of sports is gone. Oh happy day!!

Now....go RANGERS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a winner!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, I never knew the Phillies are one of your most hated teams in sports...I thought that was reserved for the Yankees with most people, or at least the Mets . I've always seen it as a friendly rivalry, but I know there are those who feel as you do about the Braves and/or Mets in the Phillies fan base. Could also be that my Dad was a Mets fan since their inception, so I never saw them as the enemy.

Congrats to the Cardinals. Story of our season. Pitcher pitches great, and the bats can't give him any support. At least now I don't have to try and watch baseball while at WDW this coming week!
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Mel, I never knew the Phillies are one of your most hated teams in sports...I thought that was reserved for the Yankees with most people, or at least the Mets .
    Yep, along with any UNC sports team, I've hated the Phillies since those nasty, redneck-y, tobacco spitting jerks of the early 90s. But I thought we'd been through this before.

Every team has haters. It's part of sports. And for the record, I don't hate the Yankees. Don't like them, but don't hate them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Yep, along with any UNC sports team, I've hated the Phillies since those nasty, redneck-y, tobacco spitting jerks of the early 90s. But I thought we'd been through this before.
    Mel, I honestly did not know it was to the UNC level of hatred. It is funny you brought up the early '90's Phillies as I did not like most of the players on the '93 Phillies, but I rooted for the team. I was the only woman I know in the Philadelphia area who did not like Darren Daulton . I thought there were all just too gruff for my liking. Only player I liked on the 1993 team? Kevin Stocker, the guy who went to Yale. He so did not fit in with the rest of that team!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Every team has haters. It's part of sports. And for the record, I don't hate the Yankees. Don't like them, but don't hate them.
    I used NY teams as the example as they have the most haters, along with Boston teams. For the most part, I hate specific players, not teams.

I'm just seeing not needing to find TBS on property as my silver lining.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Old rivalries die hard I guess.

Anyway, I am taking this Phillies loss harder than any other probably since 93. It's not like it's 2007 when we were just happy to get there. There are expectations with this team now, and they really fell short. I think it's also the realization that so many guys won't be back next year, and that with each passing year your chances with this core group of guys dwindles. I feel especially bad for Halladay. He pitched his heart out and they couldn't get him one measly run.

I can't take anything away from the Cards. They worked their at-bats, played stellar defense, and crazy LaRusa managed his bullpen well. They played better, and they won.

I am now rooting for the Brewers and the Tigers, which means that it will probably be a Cardinals-Rangers World Series, lol!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say 'Go Rangers'!! I have been a die hard Rangers fan ever since I went to my first game back in the 1980's. Love them through the lean years and through the great years! It was exciting getting to the WS last year for the first time and it will be even better this year! As long as we can get past Mother Nature! Texas needs the rain but not in the middle of the ALCS! j/k
    Go Rangers
    Disney isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle!

1st trip>>>1986>>>offsite
    2nd trip>>>2008>>>Pop Century
    3rd trip>>>2009>>>Pop Century

4th trip>>>2010>>>Pop Century
    5th trip>>>2011>>>Pop Century
    Next trip>>>2012>>>Pop Century>>>First Holiday Trip to WDW!!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=I am now rooting for the Brewers and the Tigers, which means that it will probably be a Cardinals-Rangers World Series, lol![/QUOTE]

You wouldn't happen to have any lottery numbers I shouldn't use under any circumstances do you?

Fear the squirrel! Go cards!
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

There is truely something magical happening for the St. Louis Cardinals this fall. That squirrel must have spread pixie dust around the Cardinal dugout. And a lot more around the bullpen. Looks like we're gonna win an 11th World Series Title. GO CARDS!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    There is truely something magical happening for the St. Louis Cardinals this fall. That squirrel must have spread pixie dust around the Cardinal dugout. And a lot more around the bullpen. Looks like we're gonna win an 11th World Series Title. GO CARDS!
    I already explained this. They played a Philly team in the playoffs. That guarantees them a championship.

Green Bay
    Chicago
    Boston
    San Francisco
    New York

What do they have in common? All played a Philly team in the playoffs the last two years and all won the championship. It's a guaranteed formula. I should have bet a wad on the Cardinals as soon as they beat the Phils. I could have cleaned up!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I already explained this. They played a Philly team in the playoffs. That guarantees them a championship.
    .... I should have bet a wad on the Cardinals as soon as they beat the Phils. I could have cleaned up!
    I was just coming on to say your hypothesis is looking pretty good right now. Wow.
    But, I have to point something out about the so-called "Rally Squirrel"- The PHILLIES won the first game he made an appearance in! I think it's more about hot bats at the right time than that stupid rodent. I can't believe he got his own post season commercial, lol.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post
    you wouldn't happen to have any lottery numbers i shouldn't use under any circumstances do you?

Fear the squirrel! Go cards!
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Wow just ....wow.

This has got to be one of the best series matchups ever. That game last night.

11 in 11!!!!!!

Go cards!
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

"We will see you tomorrow night!"

My love for the Buck family knows no bounds. Got teary eyed this morning in the car when a radio station played old reels of Jack Buck announcing for the Cardinals.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE GAME TONIGHT! GO CARDS!!!! 11 in 11!!!!

~Amanda

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: