Quantcast Princess Girls HOT August Trip-Part 2 Epcot!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Princess Girls HOT August Trip-Part 2 Epcot!

Cast of Characters:

Can be located in part 1

Pop Century August 20-29

After a late night, I was still very excited and up by 7:30!! Fred and I got ready and starting waking up the girls! Morgan was excited to go over to the food court to purchase our mugs for this trip, so she happily got up and dressed. We ran over to buy 2 mugs and fill one with milk for cereal and one with Powerade. By the time we got back Maddie was up and we ate a quick breakfast of cereal in our room and off to Epcot we went.
    Bus came quick and within 15 minutes we were walking through the gates by opening! I planned to stay in Epcot all day and not park hop because we had a dinner reservation in Mexico at 6, so we could go at a relaxed pace...on second thought we don't know how to relax!!
    I LOVE the music in future world. It was bright sunshine and a HOT sun today! We ran quickly over to the Land to get on Soarin' and grab fastpasses for later, we all really enjoyed our flight, which was in the first row.
    We made our way over to Test Track! This is Fred's favorite!! Stand alone was 15 minutes and we rode twice. We enjoyed checking out the new cars in the showroom! That is always fun. On our way out we were able to grab fastpasses for later. Girls went on Mission Space. Fred and I...we were good, we sat on a bench right as the girls exited. Not one of my favorite attractions, but would ride when the girls were smaller. Green only!!! They like Orange...
    After Space we went back over towards the Land and hit Living Seas. Enjoyed our clam ride and Turtle Talk with Crush. Girls liked the Manatee exhibition and enjoyed looking at the different fish in the aquarium.
    Back to the Land and our favorite Counter Service in all of WDW...Sunshine Seasons!!! YUMMY lunch! Girls got Chinese, Fred got the Ahi Tuna on bed of lettuce, and I got a very large sandwich which was good, and the desserts....mmmm....
    Always a good score here!
    Time for another flight on Soarin' not front row this time around, but still a fun flight. This is such a great attraction!! Did the boat ride...Living in the Land. One of my favorites!
    We spent some time in Innovations, and moved over to Spaceship Earth.
    It was about 3pm now...mmm...dinner reservation in Mexico at 6 girls are kind of getting tired, didn't seem like enough time to go back to the resort, swim, and get back to Epcot, so I suggest Ellen's energy Adventure to just sit and chill. OK...it was a mixed response as we head over there.
    I ask the CM outside (nice semi-retired man) how long the Adventure was, and He said "37 minutes, which in my opinion is a LONG time with Ellen." I just thought that was hysterical!!!!
    My family can nap about anywhere, so they were all out within the first 5 minutes. I found it pretty good. It was dark and cool...
    Passed the sad empty Horizon's building on the way in and out. Please oh Please put something in there!
    NO RAIN TODAY! It was HOT in Epcot! Epcot is a better park to escape the heat in, as you can loose yourself in the attractions for a while.
    Went a test track after with our fastpass and made our way to the World Showcase. Fred and I made a stop for a . Those margarita's in Mexico ROCK!!! Very good!!!
    I remember it being so hot walking around the world showcase. There is not a lot of shade cover...
    Girls wanted to go on Malestrom and it was a 20 minute wait. We put them on the ride and finished our drinks in the late afternoon sun. The dinner crowd hadn't arrived yet, and it was peaceful.
    After they finished the ride, we went over to Mexico for our dinner reservation. This was Maddie's pick...apparently Bridgett from her class RAVED about this place ALL year. So funny... I hadn't eaten there in about 15 years, so I was willing to try it.
    We were seated right away. After being out in the heat, it was a nice escape. I will admit, our food was good. Fred got a seafood dish if I recall correctly, Morgan and I ordered the steak dish and Maddie got kid's tacos. We all enjoyed very much. The service was good, and we were out of there by 7:30. I had already decided that we would do illuminations another night, as we had a super late night the night before. Fred wanted another ride on Test Track, so we did Single Rider, and got on within 10 minutes. The girls rode together, which was good, and made our way out of the park...well tried...
    Mousegears was calling our name!!! The girls and I all got Shirts. LOVE my Disney Rewards!!!
    Fred had a surprise for us....when the girls were excitedly telling him about their shirt purchase, he said good "I made a reservation for Breakfast tomorrow, so you can wear them to breakfast"!
    My husband...making an ADR??? He did it right from my phone, as I had a Disney Dining App that I downloaded, called and found availability at 1900 Park Fare with Mary Poppins and friends. I was really touched, and excited about our morning plans!!
    We made our way out of the park, and got back to the resort quickly. It was about 9:15 when we got back and it was Movie night at the Pop pool! Toy Story 3. We all got in our suits and had a very nice evening watching the movie and swimming. Perfect way to end the day!
    Had a really fun Epcot day!!!
    Thanks for reading!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day.

What is the manatee exhibit at Living Seas? My DD would love to see them up close if that is possible.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Manatee exhibit is in the living seas at the top of the building. Just take the escalator up!

My girls enjoyed it!! They have feeding times and a CM has times when they come out and talk about the Manatees.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely day from start to finish!

I think you might be referring to the Wonders of Life building as the Horizons building was demolished to make way for Mission:Space.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Julie! That walk around World Showcase can sure be hot and draining, Epcot can be a long day without a break, and you guys took your time and did it right! I am amazed at Fred making an ADR. I don't think Steve would ever do that without "checking/clearing" that with me!! How did that work with your plans?? I'm dying to know! Also, reading your report is inspiring me to write my Disneyland report..I gotta get to that!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Julie

We were also at Disney Aug 23 - Sept 6, and had a great 2 days at Epcot.

I hope to be able to post some trip reports too, but need to find the time lol

We were going to eat at Mexico, but had ADR's for Le Chef De France, and it was fab. One of the best meals during the vacation. I love Ellens Adventure, it gives sufficient time to cool down nicely and take a rest. And as for Test Track, Mission Space and Soaring

We finished the day there with Preferred viewing of Illuminations Reflection of Earth. This is my favourite Firework show!

I really enjoyed your trip report!
    Martin

Previous visits - 4 Off site, then
    Dec 2006 POFQ (Loved it!)
    Aug 2008 POFQ 14 Days
    Aug 2011 Saratoga Springs
    Sept 2015 Saratoga Springs - getting close now

When hinges creak, in doorless chambers. And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: