Quantcast The Silver Lining: Find the Good in the Bad.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Silver Lining: Find the Good in the Bad.

Think of an attraction you generally dislike, and try to find something in it that you do like about it. Perhaps you like a part of the song, the queue, the safety spiel, or a particular animatronic figure. It could be anything, really.

For example, I don't like Journey Into Your Imagination, but I do like Figment, He's an adorable character with such untapped potential. The ride simply lacks what it's supposed to represent...imagination. I also like the song. It's very catchy!

What about you? Do you have one?
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like ToT or Soaring because I have probs with heights. But they are done so well that I try to ride them every couple of years. It takes me a few months to work myself up to do it. I always enjoy them after I ride them, but I always say never again too. Kudos to Disney for that!
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

For me it's mission space. I have never ridden it due problems with motion sickness and because I have seen too many people come off the ride and immediately lose their lunch. I have seen the video on YouTube and think it is really awesome, especially since Disney gets the Mars images from NASA.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big fan of Journey Into Your Imagination either. But it usually has a short wait time and it's a good way to get out of the heat for a few minutes. That's about the best I can say about that attraction.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like Sounds Dangerous, and it's the one attraction I can't think of anything redeeming about... well, okay, if you're hot and tired at DHS, it's a cool dark place for a nap. Bonus if you're the one odd person can't get enough of Drew Carey. This one is finally gone, right?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting question.

Journey into Imagination - It is at least better than it was when they first re-opened it after ruining it.

Tomorrowland Speedway - I can see the point for it being there, it's clear that many kids like the idea and for some reason I like going past it in the air of the TTA with the facing report soundtrack.

Stich's Great Escape - There are at least a couple of well done bits in the pre-show. And again there is enough to remind me of when this was actually a good attraction.

Magic Carpets - NOTHING. An eyesore, irrelevant and probably my vote for most pointless attraction.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think Journey into the Imagination. I hate what they have done to it, but ride it for the nostalgia of what it use to be.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Lilo and Stitch. The air conditioning works well for the ride. Other than that. Horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

IASW. It ends.

Post Thanks / Like

Country Bear Jamboree.

The rustic decorations.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Hall of Presidents. It's something that you certainly don't need to do more than once, but it sure makes a nice spot to take a rest.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I don't like Sounds Dangerous, and it's the one attraction I can't think of anything redeeming about... well, okay, if you're hot and tired at DHS, it's a cool dark place for a nap. Bonus if you're the one odd person can't get enough of Drew Carey. This one is finally gone, right?
    No. It operates seasonally
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... I don't really hate anything at WDW. Is that weird? I mean, sure, there are things I like better than others, but there's nothing that I look at and go "Oh my gosh, that is just TERRIBLE."
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

The Tower of Terror - I'm deathly afraid of heights - the "chicken exit" allowed me to see all the great cool stuff up until hubby got on the main part of the ride.

Stitch's Great Escape - It's air conditioned.

Journey into - Figment!!
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post
    The Tower of Terror - I'm deathly afraid of heights - the "chicken exit" allowed me to see all the great cool stuff up until hubby got on the main part of the ride.
    Me 2. But I lived through it and am glad I did. I would suggest you do it at least once. I will not lie. It was a horrible experience when they dropped me. Not once but several times. But, the effects are Disney x 10 up till that point and are well worth it.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric2000 View Post
    This is an interesting question.

Stich's Great Escape - There are at least a couple of well done bits in the pre-show. And again there is enough to remind me of when this was actually a good attraction.
    Was the Stitch ride different at one point? B/c i feel all the rides that occupied that space were bad too. I feel that area is cursed to always have horrible attractions. I wish they would have left the time keeper thing, and put monster's inc there..

Post Thanks / Like

Aladdin's Magic Carpets. The best part is having a chance to see the beautiful Jasmine for a photo shoot after.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always a silver lining guy no matter what in life, so I can find something good in any of the WDW attractions. My most disliked attraction is Stitch. However, I do like the effects and the fact that in a previous life it was Mission to Mars.
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like Dinosaur because it is so jerky that I come out with a neck ache...but the special effects really are awesome...I don't like Sounds Dangerous or Figment either just can't think of anything positive to say about them

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I love Journey into the imagination. I don't know why, but i'd say it's one of my top 5 attractions at WDW.

but for me the Stitch ride. and to be honest, I can't think of anytihng i like about...well maybe one thing, people ride it so those people aren't on other rides and making my wait time longer. haha......
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: