Quantcast What is your favorite memory from your last trip? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not been on the Riverboat in MK and last Dec. we decided to ride it...It was really cold and we were all bundled up with hats, gloves and all...We boarded and thought about leaving and then the boat was pulling out and it was too late...We all stood together all huddled up and it had to be the best time of our entire trip...We are always rush, rush, rush and when we were all standing there together, I didn't want it to end!!!
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip started New Years Day of 2010. We went to the MK for EMH on Sunday for park opening at 7am. We road SM and Buzz, and headed to fantasy land...and we discovered that Dumbo had NO LINE!! We hadn't been on Dumbo in ages and hadn't planned on going this trip (our kids are all teenagers.) but with no line...we rode several times and took turns going on it and taking video and pictures.

A great memory for me.
    First visit 1971
    Annual pass member
    Visit 2005
    May 2005 become DVC Member!!!
    Last visit 2006
    Last minute 2007 trip (for my 50th Bday)
    January 1, 2010 for 8 days
    January 2, 2012 for 7 days!!
    November, 2013, quick trip
    October 2014 1st time with future son-in-law

Post Thanks / Like

watching wishes from the less used viewing deck of the california grill on our 25th anniversary and eating breakfast with Casting Crowns at the GF (they were there for night of joy).
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Probably hanging out at Stormalong Bay buidling sand castles and relaxing after a long day.

That or my son's first roller coaster- Goofey's Barnstormer. I was one of *those* people who videoed the ride and I am so glad I did. He has grown up so much in the last year. I love hearing his sweet baby voice talking about the ride.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in January when my 6 month pregnant wife and I realizing that the next time we come we will be bringing our first child with us

Post Thanks / Like

DD's interaction with Ariel at CRT. They talked about Flounder, DD's Ariel birthday party that she was planning, etc., etc. I never expected that much interaction.

Post Thanks / Like

There were a few great moments from our last trip:

1) We had a great time having 'shop talk' with The Hat Lady in the Pub in EPCOT. We are all professional musicians, so we had a good gab with her and sang and drank. Had a great time!

2) For reasons passing understanding, we had front row/center seats for Fantasmic! There were a few CM's waving people down to the front, saying there was room down farther. We just walked down there and plopped ourselves down! Wonderful!

3) I was travelling with a couple close friends, and some of B's family were down there at the same time. At one point, we all met up in MK and had a late night snack at Casey's and sat out at a couple of the tables outside as the Electrical Parade sailed by. What a great family time together in such a magical place! So thankful.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

I already posted one great memory, but our last trip was so amazing and my DD was old enough to "get it," so here's another:

We had just left the Bippoty Boppity boutique. EVERY CM was making a fuss and she was beaming. We went to the early showing of the Hoop de Doo Review and it was very cold inside. We wrapped my DD in napkins to keep her warm. The performers were walking around the crowd, looking for those having a birthday. (Mine was in a week.) Sixbits Slocum fussed over my DD and had her laughing hysterically. He asked where we were from and proceeded to name our two most famous eateries: Primanti Bros., and Vincent's Pizza Park. Then he joked, "I know my geometry."
    He yelled out I was turning 46, then did a little song and dance bit -- "It's Tony, from Pittsburgh." My daughter LOVED IT!!!!! After that, my DD said Hoop De Doo is a MUST from now on.

I have many more, but want to read others' posts.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

In July my entire family and many of our friends came to Disney World to celebrstemy brother's wedding. It was special for many reasons. One of them being that having everyone there at once was my Grandpa's dream. He passed away in 1995 and my mom decided the best way to remember him was to use the money he left her to become vacation club members. So because ofmy grandpa we were all able to be at Old Key West together and we talked about him often. The wedding was beautiful and Disney truly does a wonderful job with every thing.it was a stress free day and everyone had a lot of fun. I was a bridesmaid and taking wedding pictures at the Grand Floridian was quite an experience. Once my sister in law came down in her gown a lot of people came to watch us posing. At one point her dad came over to tell us people who were hanging out in the lobby were taking pictures of us. He seemed quite impressed by that...so was I. We felt like movie stars that day and I thank Disney for that. Our family had a special experience that weekend which we will never forget. What a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    watching wishes from the less used viewing deck of the california grill on our 25th anniversary and eating breakfast with Casting Crowns at the GF (they were there for night of joy).
    I love Casting Crowns.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Favorite memory from last trip there are many but if I had to chose one it would be. Took our cousin that had never been before we were walking down main street when she said. You know I told my girls I just don't know what we are going to do for 8 whole days. I hope we are not sitting around alot. I laughed at her and ask her if she thought we were taking her to six flags. She said I guess I just never thought anything could be like this. She is going back with us this year for the xmas decorations.
    Can't wait to hear what she thinks of them.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

I took mom in mid Dec. last year. The high temp for the day was 36 degrees and the wind chill never got above freezing all day. We were at the HS (MGM) and I wanted to surprise mom with the Osbourne spectacle of lights. I avoided that side of the park till I knew the crowds would have been somewhat dissipated after the lighting ceremony.

Mom loved it. She absolutely loved it, runny nose and all.

The best part was when it "snowed" she thought it was real. She was so happy. Then she held her head back and stuck her tongue out. Well I must say that I was unable to speak for laughing so hard at the face she made when she found out it was "Disney Magic".

Priceless.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

My whole family was together but my favorite memory was when my DH and my oldest DD went back to the resort because they were tired & being kind of grumpy. So my youngest DD and I closed down the MK together during EMH's. Not that I don't enjoy being with everyone but my youngest DD and I REALLY share the LOVE of DISNEY in the same way. She's college age but we were both acting like little kids. We rode all of the rides in Fantasyland that we never get to ride because of long lines. We had the best time and just had some mother daughter bonding time. We enjoyed spending time together, doing a little shopping, picture taking, & lots of laughing!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Share This Thread On Social Media: