Quantcast Which moderate to stay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which moderate to stay?

Im hoping, if finances get better in a few months, to book another trip this oct. Last october we stayed at POR and loved it! We loved the at home feel and quietness of it. That being said, i would really like to experience all of the resorts that i can so if you had to choose between CBR, CSR, or staying POR again, which would you choose? Is CSR the only moderate with queen beds? I do remember feeling very squished at POR.Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The only mod I have never stayed in was POR. However, POFQ is my favorite mod. I would recommend you stay in each of them so if I were you I would try CBR next. It has a nice feel to it and a good food court and pool. CSR has a nice food court but it is expensive. It is different than the other mod food courts because it is a convention hotel. The pool is nice though.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at all of the moderates except for CBR (which we will plan to do for some future trip). That being said....POR is our favorite resort so far from all of our stays! We are looking forward to getting back there again some day too! LOL

If you like the "feel" of POR which I totally understand because I just find it so relaxing with all of the trees...but you want to try something different...then try the sister resort POFQ. I did not care for it as much as POR....but like you we are wanting to experience all of the resorts.

CSR has queen beds and POFQ is being renovated currently and apparently they are being upgraded to queen beds as well. Once POFQ is completed with it's renovation...then POR is next in line and (hopefully) will receive the queen bed upgrade as well. Which would be nice then that all of the moderates would have them and you could choose your resort based on themeing and not on the bed size!

Have fun choosing!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at all the moderates at least once and POR is our favorite, especially the Mansions. Alligator Bayou, not so much. Will be spending a few days there in June.

POFQ is very nice and is a much more compact resort.

CSR is huge, but nice pool and water slide. Not a fan of the whole Pepper Market concept.

Only stayed at CBR once, didn't like it never went back. Can't really put a finger on why, just didn't like the "feel" of it.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Our last stay was also POR and we also loved it. We decided to switch over to POFQ for next trip. I hate to say it's just for the beignets (for me) and the chocolate chip pancakes (for DD9) but it's also for the layout, size, and atmosphere. I took a few jogs over from POR last trip and decided then and there that we would try it out next. And that was before knowing about the renovations with queen beds...now I know it's the right choice! We did CBR and don't care to go back..and I'm a big (real) Caribbean beach lover.
    POFQ Nov/Dec 2011
    POR (Oak Manor) Nov/Dec 2009
    Pop (2 rooms) Dec 2006
    ASMovies May 2005
    Pop (1 room, family of 4) Mar 2005
    CBR (Honeymoon) Aug 1997
    Off-site 1991
    Off-site 1988 (land/sea with a Premiere cruise)
    Off-site 1978 (introduced to Mickey as a one-year old!)

Post Thanks / Like

Try FQ... that way you're close enough to share the amenities of POR.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

If you like access to a hot tub then CSR.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    Only stayed at CBR once, didn't like it never went back. Can't really put a finger on why, just didn't like the "feel" of it.
    to us it just feels like anywhere else in central florida
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

buzz2001 Guest

I love CSR! It has some much to offer in a resort.

The main pool area is one of the best I seen at WDW. CSR has the largest hot tub on WDW property and the longest pool slide of the mods. Its also great to have the arcade & playground in this same area.

CSR Also has queen beds which is a big plus. The rooms were renovated in 2009 too!

Some of the extra features are the fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort.

Post Thanks / Like

We're big POFQ fans, love the compact size of the resort, the theming and DD likes the pool.

It is being renovated right now, so the rooms will be fresh and new for a while, with queen beds! We also like that you can take advantage of the amenities at both POR and POFQ
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

If you really desire to try other resorts then pick either CBR or CSR. We have gone to POR twice. Really loved it both times. We choose it the second time because we were bringing some along who had never been to WDW before. We new she'd love the atmosphere of POR.

That being said, we have also stayed at CBR in the Pirate themed rooms. We really enjoyed our stay there also. I liked the themed rooms at CBR better than PORs rooms, but overall feel POR wins for me. I still have a desire to try CSR though. I think you'll find there will be lots of people that will be positive towards certain resorts and negative also to others.

The only way you'll know for sure is to try it yourselves. If you don't you'll always second guess yourself. I don't think, even at it's worst, any of the resorts you stay at would be so bad as to ruin your whole vacation. The other thing I found is that Staying at CBR made me realize how much I really liked the feel of POR.

Next up for me.....saving for AKL April 2012??? Hopefully, as long as I can pass up this urge to go to SWW this June.

Follow your heart!
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We really like CSR
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite moderate is CBR.

But I've never stayed at POFQ or POR(Alligator Bayou)
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ. It's much smaller and compact plus they do have beignets
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at POR, CRB and CSR...POR was our favorite. Loved the theming and the grounds. All the moderates have their pluses and minuses. The boat to DTD for POR or FQ is very nice. The food court is right off the main pool area at CRB plus they have a nice kids play area by the main pool. CSR has queen beds and has alittle bit more upscale feel. All are large with multiple bus stops. For us it boils down to how they make you feel and what appeals to you. It's Disney...love it all.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

CBR is my Favorite Moderate resort! I really wanted to stay in CBR for March 18-20 2011! I hope!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

NORTHERN New York 43° 12\' 10"N, 73° 47\' 46"W
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Coronado Springs

Coronado Springs is by far our favorite resort and we have stayed at several on site.
    Don't get all hung up on the "convention center" thing. We stayed there twice when they had very large conventions going on (one was a national cheerleader convention) and you do not feel any impact or bothered by noise. There is plenty of room there for everyone.
    The pools are awesome and are not overcrowded. As far as Peppers Market, there is a lot of variety to choose from and the prices are no more expensive than anywhere else at WDW. The food is delicious.
    Long, leisurely walks at night around the lake is a sight beyond words. Can't wait to go back....
    Next visit to my happy place șoș
    June 2012-Coronado Springs
    June 2007-Coronado Springs
    July 2004- Coronado Springs
    Aug 2001-Coronado Springs
    Nov 1998- Wilderness Lodge
    April 1995- Dixie Landings
    April 1993- Carribean Beach
    April 1993- Port Orleans
    Feb 1990- Fort Wilderness
    șoș șoș șoș

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Disneymomma (love the name!). I have stayed at CBR and CSR. Coronado Springs is a rather large resort. You can be far from the main lobby where the food court is, and of course, the restaurants. I didn't find anything special about Pepper Market. The theme of CSR is fantastic though. I took a few strolls, at night, around the entire resort. It is huge, but beautiful.

As for Caribbean Beach, LOVED IT! Another resort where you could be far from the food court (which is better than Pepper Market, I feel), but not as far. I stayed in Aruba I think, and the walk from my room to the food court was only 5 minutes. I loved the air conditioner in the rooms at CBR too. I love the room nice and cold when I come back from a very hot day at the parks. CBR satisfied me greatly.

As for the bus service, you'll be making a few stops at each section of the resorts, since they are big. I never remember much of an issue with the bus service though.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

CSR is our favorite, followed by POR. CSR has really nice rooms and pool. The grounds are beautiful and the fool court is our favorite on property at Disney - fresh variety and good food.

Post Thanks / Like

CBR is my favorite moderate resort. We've stayed at all of the moderates and just enjoyed CBR the most. My least favorite is CSR. Eventhough we were at Disney we just never really enjoyed our time at that resort.
    Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge-twice
    Polynesian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Pop Century

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." ~~Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: