Quote Originally Posted by valjane View Post
Anyone have a guess as to whether the Mine Train will be a mild coaster like Thunder Mountain, or a coaster exclusively for little kids, like Barnstormer?

If it's like Barnstormer, I'll be disappointed to see Fantasyland becoming pretty much a "kiddie" area of the park that tweens, teens, and adults will feel like they have to skip.
From everything I've seen about the ride technology potentially in use for the coaster, it should be a family coaster, more along the lines of a BTMRR, SM and Primeval Whirl, meaning that it will be thrilling, but not too thrilling as to exclude children.

The idea of the coaster cars tilting and moving along w/ the drops and turns of the ride makes me think it might be something similar to the Mack E-Motion Coaster seen here. These cars are designed to tilt from side to side or even forward and back along w/ the movement of the coaster car, so it feels more "out of control." I think this aspect alone will add some thrills, plus I imagine there will be lots of in the dark moments.

I think this was WDI's answer to the criticism of the new FL being too geared towards girls. This will give something thrilling for the boys to enjoy so it isn't all fairies and princesses.