Quantcast Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom

Hi everyone,
    My family and I have just arrived back from WDW after being there through the Holidays. We thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Yacht Club Resort with all of it's amenities. I am disappointed with one aspect of our trip and it was our first night at the Magic Kingdom in particular Cinderella's Royal Table.

While dining at the restaurant, we had the unfortunate experience of seeing a cockroach roaming around the dining area carpet. To our discontent, we quickly became uncomfortable and wanted to leave the restaurant without making a scene or anything of that nature. We quickly informed a CM about what we saw and she apologized dearly for the incident. I hope that in the near future that WDW takes better care of that facility not only for their sake but for the health and safety of it's employees and guests. The experience of dining inside Cinderella's castle is a one of a kind experience for many guests who visit WDW, and therefore should be maintained as one.
    "We'll take care of the outside, the ghosts can take care of the inside."
    a quote from Walt Disney while creating the Haunted Mansion.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That would freak me out! But I'm from a cold climate where we don't have cockroaches. Aren't they just kind of a fact of life in Florida? I don't know if it is possible to completely eradicate them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    That would freak me out! But I'm from a cold climate where we don't have cockroaches. Aren't they just kind of a fact of life in Florida? I don't know if it is possible to completely eradicate them.
    The only time I see cockroaches IS in Florida. Seems like anyone could have brought this in off their person and it could have fallen to the floor. Not that I want to see one in a restaurant where I am eating but seeing one doesn't really seem to me like the whole kitchen is infested with them.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work in food service and the saying goes, for every one you see, there could be hundreds more you don't see.

I do think though that bugs are a fact of life in Florida. Eveyone has a pool guy and a bug guy.

Post Thanks / Like

So did you leave?
    I'm sure someone else would have been glad to take your spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that incident negatively affected your experience at MK and CRT. I know I would not have liked to see a coackroach roaming around the restaurant I am dining in, but I do not like to see them anywhere (that pretty much goes for all bugs ). But I don't think we would have given up eating our meal.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

In the south we call them "palmetto bugs". I have been in ATL for 16 years and they still freak me out a bit. Not something I'd "want" to see in a restaurant, but I'm sure they are there--it happens. It seems we see them when it gets cold or really hot out and they try to come in--oddly never in the kitchen, usually the living room. Sorry that it ruined your CRT experience.
    Angela
    Next Trip--40th Birthday at Contemporary--September

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    That But I'm from a cold climate where we don't have cockroaches.
    I'm from the Northeast and know that cockroaches are common here and consider this a cold climate.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I'm from the Northeast and know that cockroaches are common here and consider this a cold climate.
    I'm in Northern Alberta - I guess a cockroach could survive if someone "imported" them and never let them outside, but they don't occur naturally here because they can't withstand the winters. You had me so unsure of that I had to google it to make sure ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Being from South Louisiana, we have a similar climate as Florida. I hate roaches, especially the giant , flying ones that live in the trees. If I were to see one in a restaurant, I'd think that it wandered in from outside. That being said, seeing a "little" cockroach means something different. After working in several restaurants while in college, I've learned that the little ones can mean there's a problem. Either way, it isn't something you want to see in a restaurant.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1987 View Post
    . . . we had the unfortunate experience of seeing a cockroach roaming around the dining area carpet . . .

Are you sure it wasn't just another character?
    . . . Clyde the Cockroach?
    . . . Paul, the Palmetto Bug?
    . . . Willy, the Water Bug?
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I just heard on the radio this morning that Florida is the #1 state for roach infestation. With Louisiana being 2nd.
    Thank you

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: